Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Airsoft "Pet Peeves", time to vent guys! (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=52319)

CDN_Stalker February 8th, 2008 19:20

Airsoft "Pet Peeves", time to vent guys!

I only thought of this topic about 20mins ago, because "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide" as a gun tech (anyone that can ID that song in quotes, who wrote it, which year and album......... winner will get his post quoted and my typing *****! in large font) I just opened a client's gun case only to find BBs rolling around everywhere! Musta pulled out about two dozen 0.25g Bbs from it. Drives me nuts, but largely because its so common and I've found numerous BBs stuck in magwells, between the lower receiver and the mechbox, in foregrips, etc. DON'T DO THAT!!!! Imagine your AEG was a real steel version, would you use your gun case to store little bits and peices, small screws, springs, etc.? Umm, no you wouldn't. So don't treat your AEG like that.

Also, as far as airsofters go, those who hide behind little trees, get lit up through the trees, then shoot back like nothing happpened.

Those who set their guns up for long range shooting, tend to remind me of fishermen when it comes to range estimation. I remember Droc telling me about his making fun of some dumbass he was on a small berm with, the guy had a STOCK TM PSG1, he said the little retard was shooting off shots at at guy 300ft away, then was complaining the guy wasn't calling his hits. Droc said he saw the guy's BBs were falling less than 150ft away and the guy wasn't even lobing, he had crosshairs dead on the target. And from my own experience, talking to guys who talk about ranges they've shot people at, "Ya, 250ft easy!", so I might ask them to point at something 250ft away, they do, I walk it out, only to find what they pointed at was only 140ft away.

Ok, your turn, I'm going back to rewiring a mechbox now.

SHaKaL February 8th, 2008 19:21

1985 zz top eliminator???

Skladfin February 8th, 2008 19:22

dumbasses and range estimations doesn't work out too well..

Danke February 8th, 2008 19:24

People that shoot like Davy Crocket/Daniel Boone with pistols in the "I hit the guy at 500 feet vein." At 50 feet your front sight's wider than a body!

Styrak February 8th, 2008 19:24

Scopes on airsoft guns. What's the point? We're not using bullets here, and the ranges aren't that far.

Vivisector February 8th, 2008 19:26

Poor trigger discipline.

Nothing pisses me off more than getting lit up in the back of the knee at 3 feet away because a teammate stumbled while having his finger on the trigger.

Snow_Raven February 8th, 2008 19:33

People showing up late for games...

Ronan February 8th, 2008 19:34

People *not* showing up to games!

AngelusNex February 8th, 2008 19:36

I can't stand cheaters and those whom intentionally try for head shots as iff they get bonus points and an ominous voice saying "HEAD SHOT" when they do it

zone 69 February 8th, 2008 19:38

My pet peev is when peep,s don't wear mask,s or mouth guard,s or something to cover there teeth and wonder why they lost a tooth. And get all pissy about it.

TokyoSeven February 8th, 2008 19:44

Running out of smokes in the middle of the game.
Getting a gun back together and finding that its not shooting what it should be.

Drache February 8th, 2008 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker (Post 638689)
"I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide" as a gun tech (anyone that can ID that song in quotes, who wrote it, which year and album......... winner will get his post quoted and my typing *****! in large font)

ZZ Top, Deguello, 1979

Cant remember who it was written by though....

My pet peeve who people who take airsoft way too seriously! If you dont act like a super soldier they dont want you around or if your gear isnt 100% correct!

Forever_kaos February 8th, 2008 19:47

People who lack trigger control
whiney bitchy noobs (sorry for swearing to those who are offended)
cheaters
Those who pretend to know it all but don't know jack. (I don't know much my self about internals but hey)

Cushak February 8th, 2008 20:03

V2 Anti-Reversal Latches

Players who don't break the rules, but do really cheap stuff that could never happen in the real world.

Edit: High Caps. Even though I have one for my AK. (it's all I can afford!)

Boche February 8th, 2008 20:08

Clicking 'New Posts' on ASC and seeing seven 'ANNOUNCEMENTS' for a game scheduled to happen seven months from now.