Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Newbie Tank (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Lubrication tip for M4 GBBR's?? (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=106816)

ryan1796 June 30th, 2010 02:14

Lubrication tip for M4 GBBR's??

Hi,

I just acquired a M4 GBBR and I'd like to learn how I keep the gun in good shape? I know how to care the GBB pistol but GBB rifle is my first time.
I've already tried to find a source or video on the internet but all I found was for real AR-15...

So if you know how please let me know where to spray the silicon oil and where to apply the grease. I want to keep my GBBR for a long time.

Thanks for your time.

-Trooper- June 30th, 2010 02:20

This may or not apply to you depending on which GBBR you have, but it will still help.
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...light=cleaning

kullwarrior June 30th, 2010 03:34

I honestly think silicon oil might not be the best to apply for most part unless its by hopup bucking aka the nozzle. The carrier might be better with firearm lube as silicon oil gather dust like crazy

Amos June 30th, 2010 04:59

No fire-arm lubrication should ever come near an airsoft gun.

Just because these are more realistic doesn't mean petroleum based lubricants wont destroy them. I would suggest a high quality Molybdenum grease (such as Airsoft Research Syndicate's Sticky-G Moly) for anywhere where there is metal on metal or hard plastic on metal contact, and I'd suggest a Silicon Grease for anywhere that has "sealing" properties.

I personally use, carry and have had FANTASTIC results with the ARS line of greases :)

coach June 30th, 2010 06:52

Super lube also works great for metal on metal. It's now called ultra slick multipurpose grease and can be found at CT.

ryan1796 June 30th, 2010 15:37

Thanks guys, I really appriciated.

And thanks for the lube guide -Trooper-!!!

Stealthee July 7th, 2010 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachster (Post 1264823)
Super lube also works great for metal on metal. It's now called ultra slick multipurpose grease and can be found at CT.

Do you know if this grease can be used on any other airsoft gun safely?

Assault Pioneer July 7th, 2010 13:40

hey guys I have an WE/AWSS KAC pdw OPEN BOLT gbbr, I use the usual silicon oil in in propane as I fill the mags but there's gotta be more,

because the action is totally different is there anything different that I have to do? the cleaning process is different obviously but lubing it should be the same right? what kind of lube should I get and where to apply it?

thanks

Amos July 7th, 2010 13:46

Any metal sliding on metal should be lubricated unless it's purpose is to generate friction.

coach July 7th, 2010 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealthee (Post 1269175)
Do you know if this grease can be used on any other airsoft gun safely?

anything metal on metal, plastic on metal, plastic on plastic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Assault Pioneer (Post 1269189)
hey guys I have an WE/AWSS KAC pdw OPEN BOLT gbbr, I use the usual silicon oil in in propane as I fill the mags but there's gotta be more,

because the action is totally different is there anything different that I have to do? the cleaning process is different obviously but lubing it should be the same right? what kind of lube should I get and where to apply it?

thanks

keep using that in your mags. use grease on anything that moves against something that doesn't. ie, the bolt carrier. note the areas that the paint has worn off. lube stuff like that.

use the ultra slick multipurpose grease.

Assault Pioneer July 7th, 2010 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachster (Post 1269223)
anything metal on metal, plastic on metal, plastic on plastic.

keep using that in your mags. use grease on anything that moves against something that doesn't. ie, the bolt carrier. note the areas that the paint has worn off. lube stuff like that.

use the ultra slick multipurpose grease.

so silicon with the mags and grease ontop of that for the internals?

it's alright to use the lube in the WE m4 cleaning guide? I dunno if consistancy matters, as with the open bolt the entire action move's, like there alot more moving mass than the WE m4. would it matter?

coach July 7th, 2010 14:33

I use silly oil in the mags and on the nozzle orings.

I use the ultra slick on everything else "in" my WE PDW.

I use WD40 on all the steel bits that rust. front/rear sight, flash hider, gas block, controls, body pins, raw steel screws...(I picked up one of those nifty wd40 pens so I don't need to spray into a rag to wide it down)

sewktbk July 7th, 2010 15:09

coachster, thanks for the input, turns out to be very informative for me, even if very basic. Thanks for the name of that lube too.

Ninja_En_Short July 9th, 2010 23:36

For me same as my GBB :

Silicon spray on hop up / cannon / mag rubber parts and for cleaning.
Rifle oil for mechanical parts.

coach July 10th, 2010 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja_En_Short
For me same as my GBB :

Silicon spray on hop up / cannon / mag rubber parts and for cleaning.
Rifle oil for mechanical parts.

You really should avoid getting lube on the hop up. It'll muck up your barrel and it can also destroy your hopup rubber. Lube reduces friction. Hopup is to add friction causing the bb to spin.

I just replaced the rubber on a pistol I repaired for someone because they used lube in the hopup. It was 2mm larger then it was suppose to be which caused it to jam.