Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Canadian (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   cadpat 1st generation (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=19309)

mctaz December 30th, 2005 18:09

cadpat 1st generation

I have see photo of 2nd or 3rt generation of this pattern items but i never see 1st gen uniform.

someone can help me with some photo of this version?

Thanks McTaz

SKULLBOY December 30th, 2005 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by mctaz
I have see photo of 2nd or 3rt generation of this pattern items but i never see 1st gen uniform.

someone can help me with some photo of this version?

Thanks McTaz

1st Gen. CADPAT differed in that Dark Brown was used instead of the current pinkish brown.

The buttons on the shirts were also exposed.The later versions have covered buttons.

The 1st. Gen also tended to fade rather quickly.

Sorry, I don't have any pics of the 1st Gen stuff.

SKBY.

ouyin2000 December 31st, 2005 00:53

Me in my Generation 1 CADPAT.

Notice the faded knees. I picked this up second hand at Harreson's Surplus closing out sale for $20 for each piece, and $10 for the boonie.

Also, it is difficult to see that the pockets are not covered.

http://img0.img.nexopia.com/users/9177/9177659.jpg

JamesBond_007 December 31st, 2005 01:23

I was under the impression that even the newer CADPAT had uncovered buttons? I've never seen a picture of issued CADPAT with covered buttons. I'm assuming that you mean a similar style to regular BDUs, although I could be misunderstood.

Phalanix December 31st, 2005 02:07

The new Cadpat has extra flap/cover that covers the button when you button a pocket, rank flap, etc. Kind of like issued Marpat.

JamesBond_007 December 31st, 2005 02:30

Ah, I think I get it now. Like Parklands CADPAT kind of? No visible buttons? If someone could post a picture of it, it'd be great. All the pictures I seem to find don't have them. But the MARPAT seems to be the same style pocket as Parklands CADPAT except on the MARPAT the pockets are angled.

KC December 31st, 2005 11:16

i thought the gen ones has the same design as the ODs except in cadpat (buttons on the pants belt loops, no button covers...etc)

JamesBond_007 January 1st, 2006 01:14

That's what I thought too. I was under the impression that all CADPAT looked the same (same style as the ODs except CADPAT) no matter what gen. it is.

Kokanee January 1st, 2006 01:30

When we switched over to cadpat alot of changes were made in the cut of the combats themselves. The chest pockets are bigger and at a different angle, the top is cut different etc.

The pants no longer have buttons on the belt loops.

SKULLBOY January 1st, 2006 01:38

If you look closely at my newer generation CADPAT , you will see that the buttons are covered.

There are also interior side pockets, and inner pockets inside the lower outer pockets.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2...50879yk.th.jpg

SKBY.

JamesBond_007 January 1st, 2006 01:43

Wow, you learn something new everyday. I had no clue they changed them again since they were issued. I like the new look more though, no more buttons to shine and give away your position.

BawBag January 1st, 2006 02:57

Yes and no. When water goes on a leaf theres a small glare to it from the moon/sun light. So I don't think it would give away where you are. On that note, if they're THAT close to you, your fucked anyways. Now with the new CADPAT and the flaps over every pocket its just more weight once it gets wet. Not alot, but it adds up. Also on inspection (Talking about CF now) sometimes you might forget to do up a buttion because well. You can't see it undone, nor can buddie see it. And well trust me Sgt's see everything.

Lerch January 1st, 2006 23:19

Gen1's were almost the exact same as the OD's except that;
-flag is on velcro/flap
-nametape is on velcro
-rank is on chest
-waist pockets on trousers had velcro

In the Gen2 the buttons on the belt loops were removed. In Gen3 the buttons were covered.

mctaz January 2nd, 2006 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Hawk
Gen1's were almost the exact same as the OD's except that;
-flag is on velcro/flap
-nametape is on velcro
-rank is on chest
-waist pockets on trousers had velcro

In the Gen2 the buttons on the belt loops were removed. In Gen3 the buttons were covered.

If this is real i never see one gen2.....

other question for you, when CF start to use CadPat items?

McTaz

Cyclic January 2nd, 2006 12:03

The flaps on the new issue aren't for any sort of "cam" purposes. When it was decided that the airforce needed cadpat, they had to alter the uniform for them, that way there could be one universal uniform for logistic purposes. The reason that the buttons are covered is becase buttons are FOD, and if caught on something and torn off on a flightline it can be an issue. So they made protective flaps on them to reduce the chances of them being caught.

It has nothing to do with camouflage, shiny buttons or anything.. it's just so the "men in blue".. er, green.. don't lose pieces of their kit and kill a 50 year old plane.