Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Accessories Discussion (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   ICS AK-74M vs. CA SLR105 A1 (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=26499)

Red_Star July 22nd, 2006 14:38

ICS AK-74M vs. CA SLR105 A1

Okidoki so after all the research and talking to some people I narowed down my search to this 2 guns. In my previous thread I was thinking about getting the CA M4A1, but I decided to go with an ak now :)

I read the big review about the ICS model and aslo the one about the CA model, both say that both guns are very well made. But I would love to have some of your opinions about both guns to figure out which one to buy 8)

Thanks! :salute:

fidget July 22nd, 2006 15:42

The ICS stock is kinda flimsy. I'd say go with the CA SLR (or old school and just pimp out a TM AK)

Red_Star July 22nd, 2006 16:00

What do you mean by flimsy?

freeman July 22nd, 2006 16:18

I will vote for ICS,
Can't go wrong with either of these two AKs though.

mcguyver July 22nd, 2006 18:24

I owned both at the same time. Go with ICS.

ICS is more robust and better balanced, the butt plate on the C.A. uses screws to stay attached (shitty if you have to field change a battery), vs the ICS slides off like a Marui.

All brands of mags fit well in the ICS, but the C.A. had issues with the stock Marui AK-47 mags and Star mags.

The ICS has a quick takedown feature that is really slick.

ICS has full-back bolt.

There may be more but I can't think of anything else right now.

Alexander Irvine January 28th, 2007 20:41

I just bought the ICS ak 74m

Its going to arrive on wednesday. I used my friends CA version and overall it seemed ship shape except the trigger frame seemed weak and wobbled a bit. The ICS supposedly uses alluminum and CA uses steel. I hope mine turns out better. (apparently ICS revamped their new ak74's and put in new internals and that 3000 moter)

G_unit January 28th, 2007 21:34

Their both fairly good guns. I own a CA SLR105A1, the ICS externals seemed fairly solid though.

Vivisector January 28th, 2007 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcguyver (Post 328490)
I owned both at the same time. Go with ICS.

ICS is more robust and better balanced, the butt plate on the C.A. uses screws to stay attached (shitty if you have to field change a battery), vs the ICS slides off like a Marui.

All brands of mags fit well in the ICS, but the C.A. had issues with the stock Marui AK-47 mags and Star mags.

The ICS has a quick takedown feature that is really slick.

ICS has full-back bolt.

There may be more but I can't think of anything else right now.

Full Izhmash trademarks and unique serial numbers too.

Quote:

Its going to arrive on wednesday. I used my friends CA version and overall it seemed ship shape except the trigger frame seemed weak and wobbled a bit. The ICS supposedly uses alluminum and CA uses steel. I hope mine turns out better. (apparently ICS revamped their new ak74's and put in new internals and that 3000 moter)
CA doesn't use steel, except for the SLR 105 A1 wood/steel one. That one has a steel receiver and front sight only. Also, other than the first few ICS AK's, they all shipped with Turbo 3000s.

Alexander Irvine January 29th, 2007 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivisector (Post 414996)
Full Izhmash trademarks and unique serial numbers too.

CA doesn't use steel, except for the SLR 105 A1 wood/steel one. That one has a steel receiver and front sight only. Also, other than the first few ICS AK's, they all shipped with Turbo 3000s.

Yeah, well my friend owns the wood/steel one and he is making me regret buying my gun before I even get it :banghead: I hope mine is better!!!

Pip January 29th, 2007 19:09

My ICS is top notch, haven't used the CA but i can vouch for the ICS. Nice solid gun and as stated is compatible with most brands of mags, i've been using STAR realcaps (47 i know :S) As far the buttplate goes i haven't had it come off on me yet.

Vivisector January 29th, 2007 19:32

A teammate lost his. As a result, I put a strip of tape around the stock, half on the plate half on the stock.

Alexander Irvine January 29th, 2007 20:58

Sooo, otherwise I will be more than happy with my choice? I am just getting into airsoft coming out of paintball (i spent near 4k into that sport!). Anyways airsoft seems more practical fun and cheap (not to mention life like!).

Vivisector January 29th, 2007 21:23

I own a ICS and I love it. It would make a perfect starter gun for you too (Great build quality, pre-upgraded gearbox with metal bushings, etc.)

thephenom January 29th, 2007 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Irvine (Post 415494)
Sooo, otherwise I will be more than happy with my choice? I am just getting into airsoft coming out of paintball (i spent near 4k into that sport!). Anyways airsoft seems more practical fun and cheap (not to mention life like!).

Pssssh, 4k is nothing in airsoft. :D

BTW, where are you getting the ICS from, most of the CDN Retailers don't have the ICS in stock.

Alexander Irvine January 30th, 2007 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by thephenom (Post 415557)
Pssssh, 4k is nothing in airsoft. :D

BTW, where are you getting the ICS from, most of the CDN Retailers don't have the ICS in stock.

I currently live in Florida, soooo... Anyways, I chose a CAD forum because traditionally Canadians are more informed buyers and are more frugal with their money (Americans down here are purely based on impulse and hop on the first bandwagon they can find).

I tried my best to find a good deal and get the best band out of my buck. (The ak 74m with 8k bb's, 2 high cap clips, and a battery was $320 us) I also bought an HFC M9 pistol for $85. Anyways, I guess I get my cheapness from being 1/2 quebequois. The other half is Hamitonian :D