View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2007, 14:33   #11
tunabreath

Argle, still having a few problems.
Just for reference so people won't need to look it up:
http://www.unconventional-airsoft.co...kpartslist.gif

Ok, I'm still getting nothing but half cycles. I thought it was fine because it recocks the hammer perfectly, and cycles an acceptable number of times (1 mag of rapid fire?) without sticking or venting.

But the slide doesn't move all the way back - even with the stock weaker recoil rod/spring, it only manages to chamber another round every once and a while and never locks back. It essentially works like a gas springer.

I'm pretty confident in my reassembly of the hammer, but does the tail end of the hammer spring rest against the inside of part 93 or the little bar on part 267 (the same bar that 265 engages to unlock trigger function). With it resting against the inside of the frame (93), the hammer doesn't seem to be held as far forwards as it is capable of going - the angle on the hammer spring is less than the full range of motion of the hammer. This is odd, seeing as how my current enhanced hammer spring has a wider angle than the stock one (from my reshaping to get it to fit at all).

As far as I can tell, the stock floating valve is functioning perfectly. It seems like there isn't enough gas released to propel the slide all the way back. There is sufficient gas to fire the chambered BB and close the rocket valve, but not enough excess after the hammer has been cocked (and the firing pin lifted from the top valve on the mag) to chamber another round.

Hmm, just thinking about it now... the impact hammer/firing pin stays down until the slide moves back enough so that the groove on the bottom of part 250 depresses part 81, releasing the firing pin from the mag button. I think my problem may be there, that part 81 is installed incorrectly somehow and is dropping the firing pin back in too early...

What should one expect if the firing pin were installed upside-down? Would that create this effect? Or is the angle on the firing pin too steep for the hammer to engage it, if it were upside-down... Is there even a loop for the retracting spring (part 79) on the wrong side of the firing pin? I guess that negates this whole line of reasoning, if the firing pin cannot be physically placed in upside-down...

What if part 82 is weakened? I noticed it put up much less of a fight each time I reopened the hammer assembly. Maybe it has weakened to the point of allowing part 81 to drop just from the shock of blowback and not when part 250 actually engages it?

Any thoughts?

***D'oh, completely took down the blowback chamber again, including the floating valve. I didn't change a thing. Tried it with an extended mag, boom, 100% functionality. I think the problem may have simply been a cold magazine
Wow, baffled by perhaps the most basic problem with GBBs... Haha. At least I now know my glock inside and out.

Last edited by tunabreath; March 31st, 2007 at 15:03..
tunabreath is offline   Reply With Quote