Thread: Src 416
View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2010, 14:58   #1
Donster

Src 416

Hey guys,

Just so there is no confusion, this thread is about replacing the LOWER receiver of the gun, NOT the upper. I plan on keeping the upper.

I had a quick question on the SRC 416 as seen here:

I wanted to know how the aluminum upper/handguard compares in color to the G&P Magpul M4 black lower as seen here:

And the G&P Zombie Killer Lower as seen here:

Basically, i want a 416, but VFC no longer makes them. Apparently they are making GBBR ones, but i hate GBBRs, so that is a no go.

I want to make a magpul 416 of sorts, but i simply dont trust the new full metal JG 416s. I hear the paint is pretty shitty and they have a slew of other typical JG issues. SRC seems like a good alternative (if any of you guys have other suggestions, please say so ).

Now, I dont want to buy the gun and then buy a lower and have them clash worse than [insert witty comment here] .

Would i be correct in assuming that the black finish on G&P guns is uniform throughout, or is the finish on the zombie receiver different than that on the Magpul receiver?

In either case, would the finish be a close match to the finish on the SRC aluminum 416 upper and the SRC aluminum 416 handguard?

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

D

Last edited by Donster; March 28th, 2010 at 15:39..
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote