View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2011, 13:49   #15
m102404
Tys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I have a 380fps 1500rpm V2 mechbox in my M249, and it's never failed me. Very long range, accurate, and it brings the rain. The only thing that ever goes down on the gun is the box mag lol

I'd say it has more to do with mechbox alignment and hopup chamber than the V2 mechbox
I've done plenty of those...the one(s) I was trying to get going were a bit more experimental. Resulted in many busted pistons, several blown gearsets and 3 toasted MOSFETs (fairly so...2 were old mosfets, another I had taken apart to fit the configuration). I was aiming for the 35rps @ 440-ish range

Sticking in a tamer V2 would be straightforward. And probably would have resulted in a lot fewer bench sessions taking it apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
pictures!!!!

and yeah I sorta agree on the V2's ... but I'm not running a hot and/or fast setup ... 380-390 .. propably in the 1350rpm area (large 9.6 .. that;s what the giant PEQ is for LOL, gonna see about moving it to the box mag)

basically changing the whole attitude of the gun with the upper swap, via the fit of the upper, and the hop/barrel combo and BB choice..

the belt upper has some POS cheapo 1 peice metal hop up that wiggles and bounces .. a element 6.04 509 (just to reach the end.. and well I had one sitting around) .. half decent bucking .. stock style nubby.... running madbull precision .25's ... aiming for a 5ish ft pattern @ 180ft

the carbine upper .. I haven't decided on the hop chamber yet (madbull, prom, or that new modify) .. running a prom 6.03 363, guarder clear with the nub removed and shredder .. running Bastard .3's ... and everything I can do to keep the hop unit and barrel immobile ... aiming for ability to headshot @ 200ft (LOL) but will be satisfied with torso @ 180

I've built some really hot, and fairly high ROF guns... and never really saw an advantage other then the headache of getting everything to run smooth and reliably
I've had/have plenty that shoot as hard or as soft as I want. I was just goofing around with builds for the SHRIKE....and that's a sure recipe for an empty wallet and blown mechs
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote