View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2008, 17:56   #63
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming_the_Merciless View Post
+1

Complete agreement with you:

"In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance or tactics. They will only remember who lived."

These days it seems everyone seems want to be all f*ing "high-speed".

Falling into a dangerous misconception that the kit is what makes an warrior, tactical-mall-ninjas and all. Keep it in perspective, for example, if I taught you how to take off on an F-22, showed you how to fire the missle and guns, and land, would you say your ready for air combat?

I've watched an entire building/structure get cleared, full of AEG users, by a single individual with a cheap springer shotgun. Now I want to absolutely make clear that in no way I'm I saying all PTW users lack skills in some shape, way or form, but for those users do keep it in perspective.

Hell, of course I'd use a PTW if given a choice, but in my opinion just tools for the toolbox, PTW is a beautiful and damn good "nail driver", but ultimately for a fraction of the cost any other AEG would get the job done, propel a BB down range. Will any other AEG have the ability to interface with aftermarket real-steel parts, is as unique or innovative? Probably not, but hey different strokes for different folks.

Again, nothing against PTW users, I just don't want to perpetuate the idea that its the gear or kit that makes a warrior.
Right on.

I'm a PTW owner, but I'm not a highspeed , doorkickin' swingin' dick.

It's simply the nicest FEELING... lol. That's bout it. But feel doesn't matter much when you're being ambushed by 10+, and taking a spankin'....

LOL MOLON LAVE!
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote