View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2012, 18:32   #4
mmmken

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLair View Post
I took my metal black slide off to polish it silver. It looks pretty cool. And when I went to put it back on and fire it things went wrong. The first bb shot fine but the blowback was very little :banghead: . So little that it didn't chamber the next round. Can someone shine some light on this for me. I have a metal slide and barrel. It is KWA. But the weird thing is that it came with a plastic recoil spring. :?: Since I bought this used I don't know whats going on. I talked to the person I bought it from on the phone and he said it fired fine just before he shipped it. He is still waiting for me to tell him whats going on. HELP
Did it shoot properly before you took the metal slide off? Does your magazine still have gas in it after the first round (where it stops cycling)? Try filling your magazine with a fresh tank of propane.

Tons of weird things reported by you. The recoil spring (I'm assuming the spring is the one that goes on the "recoil spring guide" that can be easily removed when the slide is taken off) should be metal. AFAIK, there hasn't ever been a plastic spring (unless you meant the guide itself, but even that's rare or non-existent).

Since it's a G18C - you probably had to remove the fire mode selector switch and the internals out of the slide to polish it. Check the two nozzle return springs as they get crushed/mangled pretty easily if you're not familiar with working with the system. That could potentially cause your described problems as well.

Edit: Whoa. Holy gravedigging. 2005? Seriously?

Last edited by mmmken; September 12th, 2012 at 18:34..
mmmken is offline   Reply With Quote