View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2008, 23:28   #5
jimmycudo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktown Militia View Post
What you heard is correct about the buying the hop-up. A member on here had his hop-up piece on his 1911 break and he had to order a whole new slide. For some reason they are obselete out there amd dont make that part for individual sale.

As for making a new piece, if you got the skill, go for it.
Unfortunately, I don't have the skill, and I just finished asking someone who does and he said it'd be a tough job for him to do it if he had all the tools of his old shop... and he told me that he couldn't think of anyone or any service that can do it for me. (

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
What part broke?

It's the other side of H51-27. I made a Youtube video, I just wish it'd upload... it's in MP4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
If it's the part I'm thinking of, it doesn't exist on the TM version(s).
It doesn't, the TM has the setup built in and it's metal. ( Damn WE, the whole gun works great until this piece breaks.

Anyway, I went to Evike today (1 hr drive) and they got me the piece. The gun's working fine now, I'm about to strip it and completely lube it for the first time (using tutorials) so that it'll be in tip top shape.

The problem is that the piece was from a salvage gun, and I got lucky this time. What if it breaks again? Do you guys hear about the slides jamming often? If so, what do you recommend? Sell the gun while it's still working for around $70 or $80 (Retail new is $110) and get a TM 1911 with a plastic slide for $150 then buy a metal slide for $80, or just use it?

I don't know what to do. ((

On the other hand, thanks a lot for the quick and helpful responses guys. D
jimmycudo is offline   Reply With Quote