How to Not be Useless when Playing Soldier

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old January 22nd, 2010, 00:04   #16
dutchydoc

Send a message via MSN to dutchydoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
We developed quite a bit of material, in more depth, back in the Wolfpack days. Morbius was a fucking fiend when it came to documenting that kind of stuff. The CQB manuals we created back when we built that killhouse in my basement would probably get us all sent to Quantanimo for a chain link sun tan. Ah those were the good ol' dayz *sniff*....
Yeah you know that really is not far from the truth these days, look at the Toronto 18 or whatever they are called. They did allot of illegal shit and no doubt are scum bags, but the terrorist training camps consisted of playing "war games" and "obstacle courses". This of course was mixed in with a bunch of anti west bull shit and how to make detonators and bombs, all of witch can be found on the net. Allot of games I have been to use "explosives timers" Its a fine line in the time at witch we live, as this type of thing is acceptable until you add illegal activity to the mix and then its a terrorist training camp.

Note: I do hear Cuba is really nice this time of year.

Last edited by dutchydoc; January 22nd, 2010 at 00:07..
dutchydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:43   #17
Shrapnel[Op-For]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
There's a paper I wanted to write titled "How stopped pretending to be a special forces soldier and learned to just have fun playing Airsoft" but somehow I could never shorten the title enough to make it worth writing the paper.
hahahahaha gold.
Shrapnel[Op-For] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:07   #18
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchydoc View Post
Yeah you know that really is not far from the truth these days, look at the Toronto 18 or whatever they are called. They did allot of illegal shit and no doubt are scum bags, but the terrorist training camps consisted of playing "war games" and "obstacle courses". This of course was mixed in with a bunch of anti west bull shit and how to make detonators and bombs, all of witch can be found on the net. Allot of games I have been to use "explosives timers" Its a fine line in the time at witch we live, as this type of thing is acceptable until you add illegal activity to the mix and then its a terrorist training camp.

Note: I do hear Cuba is really nice this time of year.
They had also purchased a lot of ammonium nitrate, so it's not like they were a bunch of mislead landscapers that had crazy ideas and got caught playing paintball in the woods.

But you are damned right, some of what we do based upon creativity for the sake of more enjoyable realism, is up to the individuals creting stuff to think "What would the cops say if they found I made this?" and then up to the field owner to pass final judgement on such and such being used. A few years ago I designed and made (prototype) a simulated time bomb to play with, a digital egg timer that triggered a 110dB personal keychain alarm.................. and I knew very well it could have been viewed by the paranoia cops as a possible bomb detonator............ because I knew with some mods it could have been used for that....... but in the same way, it could be used to turn on a coffee macker.

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; January 22nd, 2010 at 07:13..
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 09:04   #19
dutchydoc

Send a message via MSN to dutchydoc
Yes, one does need to be careful now a day. Even getting caught with the homemade air-bomb grenades could get ugly. These are the times we live in I suppose. Gone are the days of experimentation with internet recipes....well doing it out in the open any way. In many cases I guess you would say it is political correctness run a muck, not to say I don't support LE's effort to curb terrorism and all. I guess you gotta wonder where do you draw the line. Imagine the world of shit that those guys would have caused with that big of a nitrate bomb.
There are a thousand relatively harmless things you could make for airsoft to add some realisim, and if thats all you used them for that would be fine. But like you said, that same item could be used for a much more sinister act than a prop in a grown up version of what I did as a kid, play "ARMY".
Old January 22nd, 2010, 11:53   #20
Aegiis
Sgt. Pitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchydoc View Post
Yes sadly this is true for the majority that reads it, well no not really because the majority of the people that read it will be people that already follow these simple rules. I dont know how many times I have told people to shut the fuck up, yet they just keep on talking. :banghead:

My banghead seems to be less than impressive.
I just shoot them. They can talk all they want on their way to the respawn, and three things will happen after :

1-They avoid me, which is fine
2-They come back and shut the fuck up.
3-Being dumbasses, they get shot again

www.anvairsoft.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Aegiis ?* raison
Aegiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:24   #21
Jimski

there is a difference between gameplay and training.
I would love to train to be deadly and have a team and kick some ass with them, but the truth is that the people that are trained or 'in training' are not doing the same thing than people trying to have good gameplay and a good time.

for instance, take a CQB facility full of paintball greasy sand and put in a mix of tactical teams and skirmishers, the TT guys are going to complain all the time
In the same facility, a game with only TTs is going to be a completely different deal, just as a 100% skirmish game.

I must admit that the games I've had the most fun ever were Silverthorn's Zombie games, and they are 100% not tactical: the ambiance is very happy and the action is intense.

Last edited by Jimski; March 21st, 2014 at 19:31..
Jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 18:23   #22
Wilson

I have my cake and eat it too.

We view airsoft as an outlet to be mall ninjas in an environment where it is totally acceptable, and we embrace it! We go full-retard on the wannabe military tactical shit and we LOVE IT. We ENJOY OURSELVES and that is all that bloody matters!

I blame Wolfpack and, in this case, that is a damned good thing. I miss you, old hardcore Wolfpack.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 19:32   #23
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
I blame Wolfpack and, in this case, that is a damned good thing. I miss you, old hardcore Wolfpack.
Its funny, you talk to the guys individually and most of them miss it too. But it was a lot of work as well and many have moved onto other past times, jobs, places, etc. Those of us who had an opportunity to run the team both enjoyed and hated it at the same time. It was very demanding, but when we got to a field and played as a unified force, it all came together spectacularly well. People enjoyed watching us interact and play - we had what I'd call 'groupies' (yeah, I know - ha!) who would tag along just to see the wacky shit we'd get ourselves into. Claymore was a magnet for a lot of the funniest stories we have to tell. I don't know what it was, his tendency to go head first into something, or just the complete lack of a politically correct bone in his body, but the experiences on and off the field are ones I will always remember fondly. Wow. That decade is gone, and its been over 10 years since the birth of that team. Time flies when you're stalking and shooting your friends.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 19:46   #24
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

If only more people thinked like the Wolfpack guys, it would be more enjoyable and easyer to organise things.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 20:15   #25
Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
If only more people thinked like the Wolfpack guys, it would be more enjoyable and easyer to organise things.
Come to Sudbury.
Old January 29th, 2013, 19:04   #26
Metalsynth

Link broken

needs update

too many noobs these last 2 years

Certified Level 2 BA Sniper
Si ton épée est trop courte, allonge la d'un pas. ( Proverbe Hongrois )
Metalsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 19:20   #27
Akhéron Sombre

I think I still have the original .pdf. I'll put it back online later. Worth at least a good read.
Old January 29th, 2013, 20:31   #28
Akhéron Sombre

Here we go :

English : How to Not be Useless when Playing Soldier.pdf

Français : Comment ne pas être un boulet au airsoft.pdf

Last edited by Akhéron Sombre; January 29th, 2013 at 21:18..
Akhéron Sombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 20:58   #29
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Nice i have decreased my uselessness lmao that is a great "booklet" and tho it is all stuff i baisicly knew its a nice lil refresher course as the season is starting again. Definately should be required reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2013, 13:25   #30
McFearsom

Shared this with all of our group just as a mandatory read through. It got some good laughs and makes some good simple points as reminders. Should be the minimum requirment to play our game.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures