Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ghillie Thread, lots of thread, litterally ;)

:

Airsoft Media

Old November 9th, 2007, 20:42   #106
whoreable

Maruzen APS2 TYPE 96.

Matchin Ghilie

whoreable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 21:02   #107
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Nice job. Bet in the position of everything in your pics, your scope sight picture is FUBAR'd though. I find a single 1/2" wide strip of fabric or burlap on mine along the top part of the barrel completely screws with my sight picture, looks like yours will do worse. Keep the topside of your barrel completely clear of stuff, and focus on the sides and bottom of it.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 21:06   #108
Cushak

Send a message via MSN to Cushak
Looks awesome. How well does the scope work with the ghillie material on the barrel? It looks like it sticks up quite a bit.

EDIT: Stalker beat me to it lol.
Cushak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 21:37   #109
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cushak View Post
Looks awesome. How well does the scope work with the ghillie material on the barrel? It looks like it sticks up quite a bit.

EDIT: Stalker beat me to it lol.
Stalker beats everyone to it.

LMFAO
Old November 9th, 2007, 21:42   #110
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I completely removed everything on my rifle. The burlap kept getting in the way of the bolt and scope. Not to mention all the crap that went inside the rifle. My M24 run much cleaner now. If I need more conceilement, I just lay on top of it.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 21:47   #111
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
I completely removed everything on my rifle. The burlap kept getting in the way of the bolt and scope. Not to mention all the crap that went inside the rifle. My M24 run much cleaner now. If I need more conceilement, I just lay on top of it.
Humpa-humpa-humpa

Yes, your M24 is a sexy beast. Bet you are glad you got a tightbore in it, eh Fox? LOL
Old November 9th, 2007, 22:12   #112
SEALs

Send a message via ICQ to SEALs Send a message via AIM to SEALs Send a message via MSN to SEALs Send a message via Yahoo to SEALs
Same here with my tanaka M24, I was ending up dropping the burlap, instead, I paint it. I always had issues of getting burlap in the bolt & trigger mechanism and the barrel to hell with that.

Father of fear, reckless and widowmaker
SEALs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 22:21   #113
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

I just rig mine up to stay away from all acess points, as well as the scope view. While the occasional piece might get in the way, I'd rather have 3d camo on it as I do than just paint.
Old November 9th, 2007, 22:33   #114
Relja

Send a message via MSN to Relja
About ghillie suits in general. Do you guys make your own or purchase them? Ive seen a couple for sale online. Buyairsoft.ca has them as well as some shops on eba,y however im not going to buy them until at least a. have confirmation that they are good and b. finding out if i really need a ghillie and c. which would be more cost effective. I also found a step by step manual on how to make your own ghillie suit.
Relja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 22:36   #115
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

We tend to make fun of those that buy them instead of making them. We know that if we get found out and shot, it's our fault. If one buys one and gets shot, it's the manufacturer's fault.

Here's something to consider, paraphrasing from the attitude of the USMC Sniper Scout mentality: "Sniper's make their own ghillies because it falls onto their own shoulders if it it works or not. If you were a paratrooper, would you trust someone you don't know to pack your chute for you?"

Point being, an airsoft sniper is a rare breed, and a patient one. If you have the patience to make your own ghillie, make it well and adapt it to the areas you play in, then you might make it as an airsoft sniper. If you'd rather just buy a ghillie pre-made......................

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; November 9th, 2007 at 22:43..
Old November 9th, 2007, 22:42   #116
NachoPuddin

.......I want to make a ghillie now......and i dont even have a reasonable sniping weapon yet. Closest thing i will have will be an spr when i get it finished.

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."-Albert Einstein
NachoPuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 23:03   #117
Relja

Send a message via MSN to Relja
Seems like all four months of my university summer are going to be wasted in a shop making my zastava m70 and in the field making a ghillie suit. Wait did i say wasted????? I meant to say this is gonna be the best summer EVER .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
We tend to make fun of those that buy them instead of making them. We know that if we get found out and shot, it's our fault. If one buys one and gets shot, it's the manufacturer's fault.

Here's something to consider, paraphrasing from the attitude of the USMC Sniper Scout mentality: "Sniper's make their own ghillies because it falls onto their own shoulders if it it works or not. If you were a paratrooper, would you trust someone you don't know to pack your chute for you?"

Point being, an airsoft sniper is a rare breed, and a patient one. If you have the patience to make your own ghillie, make it well and adapt it to the areas you play in, then you might make it as an airsoft sniper. If you'd rather just buy a ghillie pre-made......................
Relja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 01:04   #118
whoreable

Suprisingly the Burlap on the barrel does not interfere with the image in the scope, nor does my home made honey comb scope cover. Aslong as you tie down the top parts of of the Burlap on the barrel, none should be in your view, also my scope has a medium to high mount.
whoreable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 01:32   #119
Mason
Heeere, Brucey, Brucey, Brucey

Send a message via MSN to Mason
Hmmmm I havent Posted Pics of my ghillie yet...

Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 09:51   #120
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Wookie!

Lol, I swear your ghillie makes it look like you weigh 100lbs more than you do Mason! Still a well made ghillie though. Hey, have you thought much about the raffia grass I mentioned our last game together?

Whoreable, as long as it doesn't interfere that's what's important. You did well with that, especially adding in all that extra foliage and grass.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media