Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Good blowback pistols??

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 7th, 2010, 10:28   #16
Kingsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainkronik View Post
Well I live in toronto I don't know about getting a real gun I live in some dirty apartments wouldnt trust it there. But ye pellet gun is what I was lookin for atleast until i got like 500$ to drop on some equipment I might be down to look into airsoft, I love going paintballing and being in tactical scenerios/firefights.. You guys have any matches around Toronto/GTA area?
500$ a little low to start airsofting When I was starting all the Vets told me you needed a least 1 grand for guns and equipment. Airsoft guns aren't cheap and they need more care and maintenance compared to Pellet guns or Normal BB guns. We have matches in the GTA weekly now and when the weather gets warmer more games will appear.
Old January 7th, 2010, 10:40   #17
Crunchmeister

Airsoft guns are not intended for target practice. Due to to the ballistic properties of a spherical projectile, they're not really that accurate. They're intended to hit man-sized targets within 50 feet. And the vast majority of GBB guns are 280-320 fps - the safe velocity for shooting a person at that range. For close rangs CAPS shooting, they're quite accurate, but for general target practice, they're not the best tool.

What you're looking for is a pellet gun if you want to have target practice. Umarex make the Beretta Px4 Storm pistol. It's a high quality Japanese made pistol and is a faithful replica of the real deal. It has full blowback action too. The first 10 or so shots from a CO2 cartridge deliver a kick comparable to .22 handguns I've fired in the past. I've yet to find an airsoft GBB that comes even close to this kind of kick. It fires .177 pellets at 380 fps, and this thing is a nail driver. I've owned many pellet guns over the years, and this one is by far my favourite. I'd highly recommend it.

http://www.businessvision.net/edge/M...&CategoryID=29

So yeah, forget about airsoft pistols unless you want to play airsoft.
Old January 7th, 2010, 11:13   #18
mas_oyama

on the same line of tought, I'd like to do target shooting. My G&P M4 is accurate enough to make a 2" group in my garage... but farther than that, and outside... the accuracy decreases a lot... so I'd like to know what is the general accuracy of pellet guns nowadays, and to know if you guys can recommend me a brand in particular?

I've seen these two:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...ir%2BRifle.jsp

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...th%2BScope.jsp

I'm not too sure if I should go with a .22 or a .177... I suppose that like airsoft, bigger is better... Also I wonder what kind of performance I can get from one of those... and would a scope better than 4x be useful, or does it lack the accuracy to benefit from a better scope?

I also wonder what would be the price of a real steel rifle/pistol... ideally something that shoots some .22LR rounds, as those rounds are very cheap copared to 9mm, not even talking about .45 ACP ... If I go for real steel I'd prefer a pistol, even though I know its more of a hassle in canada to get that license... But I'd like something like a Glock 19, 1911 or Ruger SR9 with a .22LR slide conversion, or something that looks somewhat like a glock or a SR9 (I love these designs), or one that shoots some .22 right out of the box like a Sig P226. However I don't know the price of real steel guns... I think a SR9 is about 700 - 750... but I'm not sure... I guess the other models arent much cheaper... actually I think the SR9 is one of the cheapest in the ones I named...

so if somebody could help me out on that one... I'd appreciate... thanks
mas_oyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 12:12   #19
wind953

A metal GBB...high fps...brand new....150-200? Wait...what??
wind953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 12:45   #20
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

These are the type of things you want then...
http://www.surplusig.com/31/100/4.5mm_BB_Guns.html
All under 200$

Team Mandrills
MrBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 12:50   #21
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Pellet guns are not airsoft guns

if u want high fps and target shooting then get a pellet gun

if you want to buy an airsoft gun then get av'd, don't know what that is then read the FAQ section

want to find games then read the events section for Ontario
Old January 7th, 2010, 13:01   #22
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua

You are in the wrong forum and website.

This is a forum for airsoft guns.

Pellet Guns are airguns.

Go here:
http://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/

Example of a good Canadian airgun store:
http://www.dlairgun.com/

Airguns will not be as realistic as airsoft guns however. While many may be full metal, most have cheap small clips for reloading and do not replicate the real mag and slide functions of airsoft as well. Many do not even have blowback. They also have strange designs like the handgrip comes off to insert the C02 cartridge and BBs are sometimes not even on long clips that insert into the grip but on rotary clips that go into a breakaway top slide that is non blowback. The PX4 Storm you want is by Umarex and has a little blowback but not much and the magazine is a clip that you flip around to reload because it's double sided. Not realistic at all.

YouTube- BERETTA CO2 PELLET GUN REVIEW

Go for a pellet gun if you want something cheaper that's metal and you can target shoot with metal ammunition.
Go for an airsoft gun if you want realism and replica features to real steel guns (working slides, realistic magazines, blow back, etc.) that shoots 6mm plastic bbs that are safe (generally) to shoot other people with.

Last edited by SHÖCK; January 7th, 2010 at 13:14..
SHÖCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 13:28   #23
morati

Yup, your'e are definately lookng for an Airgun. They best blowback pistol you can buy went out of production in the early 70's due to the fact that the market wasn't willing to pay what it cost to produce. Crosman 600 is what you are after. Some good examples can still be found used. Check Canadian Airgun Forums or PM me as I know where you can get two of them right now. They shoot 400fps on 12gram CO2 carts and have 12shot mags. Also, they are .22cal so more force is transferred to your target due to the weight of these pellets over .177cal.. Stay away from BB guns if you want accuracy.
morati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 13:49   #24
L473ncy

@ OP: You actually want Airgunforums.ca for what you're looking for.

Airsoft = Horrible accuracy compared to pellet guns (4.5mm or .177 cal).

There's nothing wrong with doing both, you just need to ensure that you know that airsoft is meant for shooting safely at other people and pellet guns are meant for target practise (ie. ISSF)/vermin/pest control.

My KSC G19 shoots at a little under 325 FPS using .20's (last time I chronoed it, it was probably around 18-19 C ambient temp using propane).
Old January 7th, 2010, 14:01   #25
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHÖCK View Post
The PX4 Storm you want is by Umarex and has a little blowback but not much and the magazine is a clip that you flip around to reload because it's double sided. Not realistic at all.
I'll agree that the reloading system is not realistic at all. The slide doesn't lock back when empty like an airsoft GBB. The blowback action has no effect on reloading and such as in an airsoft GBB. It's simply to simulate the recoil and action of the real thing. No argument there.

But WTF are you talking about with "little blowback but not much"? This thing kicks like a mule. I've fired .22 handguns back in the day, and the first 10-ish shots on a fresh CO2 cartridge provide a kick quite comparable to that. And it's got WAY more kick than any airsoft GBB I've ever shot.
Old January 7th, 2010, 14:05   #26
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
I'll agree that the reloading system is not realistic at all. The slide doesn't lock back when empty like an airsoft GBB. The blowback action has no effect on reloading and such as in an airsoft GBB. It's simply to simulate the recoil and action of the real thing. No argument there.

But WTF are you talking about with "little blowback but not much"? This thing kicks like a mule. I've fired .22 handguns back in the day, and the first 10-ish shots on a fresh CO2 cartridge provide a kick quite comparable to that. And it's got WAY more kick than any airsoft GBB I've ever shot.
I must've tried a dud or had a near empty cartridge
Old January 7th, 2010, 14:43   #27
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHÖCK View Post
I must've tried a dud or had a near empty cartridge
More than likely so. Most people shooting it the first time almost have it jump out of their hand on the first shot the recoil is so powerful. The 'realism' aside in the aforementioned areas, this truly is a monster pistol with amazing performance and will be the closest thing to shooting real steel feel-wise most people will ever get.

Actually, the little Umarex (formerly by Crosman) Walther PPK and P99 compact are also quite a beast in terms of recoil. Although they're not as accurate as the Px4 since they're BB, they're still really fun guns to shoot.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank