Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Is it possible to buy and bring the airsoft gun from US to Canada?

:

General

Old March 23rd, 2010, 12:45   #1
ryan1796

Is it possible to buy and bring the airsoft gun from US to Canada?

In this coming summer I'm going to go to state for travel and I was thinking if it is possible to buy the airsoft gun and bring them?
I know it's illegal to import or order but my friend told me some people successfully did it without any problem.
I just want to know if it's possible or maybe if you guys have any experience about it.

Thanks!
ryan1796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 12:49   #2
CimmShark

Location: Under water lab being tested on, somewhere in Lake Ontario
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=40318

That should help you out
CimmShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 12:50   #3
kullwarrior

There's couple of ways your friend could done it:
1) Smuggling
2) Import via BFL (abusing license)
3) Import using the exception to the replica rule (there's three requirement, you break one your good...in appeal)
Old March 23rd, 2010, 13:18   #4
L473ncy

I personally wouldn't want to try it. You know with the smuggling charges that can happen if it goes awry. And they treat you as a criminal either way. You won't be able to travel abroad (a possible requirement of my future occupation so I want to not have a criminal record). If you want to travel for pleasure as well you'll have to have your record sealed by Pardons Canada and I'm not sure if it's always going to work either. I'm sure the US border guards can see you have a sealed record and may deny you entry.

It doesn't matter if you did a minor offence or anything, the US border guards don't care, a criminal is a criminal is a criminal in their eyes doesn't matter if it's for small pot possession or first degree murder you won't be let in.

Other than that if you really want to get stuff from the US then just get parts and accessories (no prohib parts basically). You're allowed to bring back like $50 worth of stuff if you stay for one day and up to $750 or something for a week long stay in the US (per person IIRC).
Old March 23rd, 2010, 13:43   #5
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

lol I love it when av'd members ask questions like this, wtf do you think the purpose of age verification is anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan1796 View Post
In this coming summer I'm going to go to state for travel and I was thinking if it is possible to buy the airsoft gun and bring them?
I know it's illegal to import or order but my friend told me some people successfully did it without any problem.
I just want to know if it's possible or maybe if you guys have any experience about it.

Thanks!
ordering mail order is the exact same as bringing it with you, bringing something into a country is called importing, no matter what the method.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 13:51   #6
VooDooPeteK

I say go for it....But if you are gonna bring one over you might as well load the trunk up with as many as you can fit...

make sure you also get a full metal pistol but put that in your belt and then tuck your shirt behind it...

Oh and don't forget to tape some flour up in a bag and put it in your spare tire area (customs love it when you play this joke on them)

OK..OK in all reality dont do any of the above. but my question is...

Is is that much cheaper to get one from the states? I know the prices are better and you can get full metal off the self but... is the risk reward with it?

I would think not but hey thats just me and thats why I got AVed, so I can buy what I want from here
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 13:53   #7
kullwarrior

I love how ppl just see this as black n white on a grey area subject there are ways to legally import em and you guys are just outright denying it. See my post above. As long as you declare properly, the crown cannot charge you. Yes that means if you declare you're importing meth and it actually is, they cannot lay charge on you. Will you rceive it is the question. ( and in the drug case they might forward it to DEA in US for possession)
Old March 23rd, 2010, 13:53   #8
Hades

Send a message via MSN to Hades
It's worth it if you like some strange man putting his fingers up your rectum

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 14:02   #9
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
It's worth it if you like some strange man putting his fingers up your rectum
Lookin for dates again 'round here, are ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 14:10   #10
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
Lookin for dates again 'round here, are ya?
you really have to ask Hades that? lol

I dont see why this fellow just doesnt buy one of the legally imported guns already in country without the ugly orange muzzle.

seriously would love to have a option on the forums that people cannot post anything until they have read all the FAQs.

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 14:35   #11
CimmShark

Location: Under water lab being tested on, somewhere in Lake Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonprime View Post
seriously would love to have a option on the forums that people cannot post anything until they have read all the FAQs.
lol you know some forums actually have a mega sticky thread that lists all of the threads that new members must read before they are allowed to post anything. Just means that new members start out as one rank and then bumped up to the next rank once they have agree'd that they have read it. If they lie it's on them but when they mess up and are caught making a mistake that is labelled in the Mega Thread then they get put back into the originaly "nooby" rank for a period of time, no excuses, tough shit kind of deal.

It's a little harsh and takes a little more work from the admins due to keeping track of the ranks and handling but sometimes it's worth having in place

------------------------

And no one said that he couldn't bring one accross the border with him. Sure he can, the are always ways of doing things that might get you into trouble if precautions aren't taken and some level of being prepared for the consequences aren't met.

So to sum it up Ryan, yes you can, it's just recommended that you do not.

Fair enough guys?
CimmShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 00:47   #12
ryan1796

Thanks guys.
All I wanted to know was, if it's possible.
ryan1796 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General