Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Valken Guns

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 8th, 2017, 02:03   #1
cmiller82

Valken Guns

I've read a lot of negative posts about Valken guns here. Are they *that* bad?

Is it quality? Warranty? Product support?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
cmiller82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2017, 08:07   #2
devbro

let me put it this way for you:
Valken is an entry level gun, as your first gun on a tight budget will do. This allows you to enjoy the sport while not worry if you gun stops working.

An average quality airsoft gun can go anywhere between 350 to 600, not to mention the upgrades. You can pick up a Valken for 150 to 200.

For most experienced players Valken is a piece of .... . They would prefer reliable guns like VFC, G&G, krytac as they have a far less chance of failing during long games.

my opinion about cheap guns has not changes:
They are perfect for new players or those on tight budgets. They are also very good as loaner guns to give your friends during games. That being said, only your first gun should be that and not your future guns.
VFC M4 MK18
CYMA AK47
TM MP5 First gen Rare find
TM MP5A5 with swordfish 2004
devbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2017, 08:29   #3
kaotiskt

Well said.
Old March 8th, 2017, 10:57   #4
Foggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by devbro View Post
my opinion about cheap guns has not changes:
They are perfect for new players or those on tight budgets. They are also very good as loaner guns to give your friends during games. That being said, only your first gun should be that and not your future guns.
The problem isn't people being too elitist and shitting on Valken because they're an "entry gun." People shit on Valken guns for the following reasons:
-Poor quality externals
-Notoriously garbage hopup (Needs modification to actually work properly)
-Poor quality gearbox shell+gearset
-Poor quality motor

Yes, it's an "entry gun," but that doesn't excuse how bad the guns are. You don't hear the same complaints about a G&G Combat Machine, because *surprise* it's a better gun, and what I recommend as a cheap starter. The quality of the plastic receiver is better, and the internal quality is better.

VFC KAC SR16 Geissele SBR
VFC DD MK18

TM/RWA Agency Arms Cerakoted G17
Foggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2017, 00:29   #5
cmiller82

I really appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

I bought a VFC Fighter CQB, I'm very happy with it.
cmiller82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2017, 08:32   #6
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

When you're talking about how good a gun is, then you're talking about two things; for starters, the initial quality. Is the gun to spec, is it assembled properly with quality and/or adequate materials? Does the company have a good reputation and customer support, or do they use a lot of proprietary parts and leave you hanging? How compatible is the gun with aftermarket parts and is there a lot of aftermarket support available? The second thing, and technically the most important, is the potential of the gun. A gun doesn't have to be a good performer and bullet-proof out of the box, in fact most aren't. Most experienced players will give a gun a review seventy-five percent based on how good it can be, instead of how it is out of the box. For performance, some guns are adequate out of the box, but throw in the right part(s) or mod(s) and away they go. Would you have to replace everything, or everything right away? Once the gun is fully and properly upgraded, is it going to be a performer, or still a lame duck? This is where a lot of people find out the hard way that cheap clones and lackluster brands fall very short, even after a heavy investment.

Valken was built by people who don't really understand Airsoft and/or Airsoft guns and just wanted to get into the market. G&G if you want to save some cash and get a decent starter, VFC if you want to invest more initially and jump in with two feet. There are of course other good brands, but they are the flagship brands at either end of the spectrum. Both will be adequate or better out of the box and will respond well to proper upgrades.
Old March 10th, 2017, 21:36   #7
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

My shitbox Cyma SD6 is legit the best gun I've ever had.

A lot of this stuff is in the eye of the beholder. Buying quality is always the best option, but gear or lack thereof is ultimately irrelevant.

$4000 of HPA and real plate carrier, okay. I'll be careful around that guy. The player I'm actually worried about is the salty old fucker with the Kraken AK from '06.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2017, 18:59   #8
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffradical View Post
Kraken
We don't speak that name around here anymore.
Old March 11th, 2017, 23:47   #9
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Right, my bad. Elder Gods, annihilation of the soul etc.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank