Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canada Post has to have the WORST tracking system...

:

General

Old May 21st, 2008, 10:22   #1
tycho

Canada Post has to have the WORST tracking system...

I mean - it's ridiculous.

Date of Event Time of Event Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
2008/05/21 07:44 GEORGETOWN, ON Item out for delivery
2008/05/12 17:41 RICHMOND, BC Item accepted at the Post Office

There's no tracking involved with that! It happened with my aeg and this order of bbs. I've received more information from Hong Kong post about the status of my package in Canada than I did from Canada post >.<

Anyway - I've rarely used the post system in our Country (for packages, anyway); I usually go the courier route if I have to ship anything. I'm definitely starting to think it's worth an extra $20 to a) get the package faster and b) know whats going on en route!

Ok...End of Rant.
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:24   #2
RiteOff

Ive had a few probs with CP tracking numbers but they always seem to get the ETA date right. The only thing ive noticed is a few packages ive had sig on delivery required were left in my mailbox or in my door crack
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:31   #3
Slimmy

Yuck, that's the only thing I want from the american's.

They can keep their milk in jugs, fanceh hats.. I just want their postal service it's quick reliable and extremely prompt with their notifications.
Slimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:38   #4
djbordie

yeap i second that, the item was "accepted at postal outlet in BC"
for the whole time, although my package arrived 3 days early....the updates still havent gone to "item delivered"....unreal!
GO CP!, you fuckin RTards
djbordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:28   #5
tycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiteOff View Post
Ive had a few probs with CP tracking numbers but they always seem to get the ETA date right. The only thing ive noticed is a few packages ive had sig on delivery required were left in my mailbox or in my door crack
You're lucky; they won't deliver to me. All they do is drop a pick-up notice in my mailbox and make me go get it (I mean, you figure that out - they come within 100 metres of my house, but won't bring the package with them).
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:34   #6
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimmy View Post
I just want their postal service it's quick reliable and extremely prompt with their notifications.
They have their issues too. I just orderd some stuff from Montana - and I live in Alberta. My package had to clear customs obviously and was routed to somewhere in Quebec for Customs Clearance...

M4A1
VSR 10 Gspec
MP5 SD6
WA SVI 3.9
TM Sig P226
TM M14
G&G UMG
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:07   #7
tycho

hahahha

Update: they actually came right to my door this time...in order to give me the delivery notification slip...I mean; they paid someone to drive to my house and give me a piece of paper saying I have to go to the post office to pick it up.

I was actually speechless when the guy gave it to me, lol
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:26   #8
jameskersten

Here is my rant about CP:
I know there tracking system blows goats, in fact I never really pay much attention to it other then to see the delivery date and to confirm its being sent. When I ordered my PTW, I got it shipped expedited service. The thing I liked about expedited service is they "gaurentee (sp?)" the delivery date so I was expecting the gun to arrive on the Friday which was fine cause we were set to play on Sunday. Well Friday comes and no sign of my stuff, tracking shows its still in Richmond BC. I phone CP and ask about it, they say it will be delivered Monday, I then ask about the "gaurentee", her response was " its only a guide line and we do have to allow a few days on either end." So whats the point of having a "gaurentee" if its just an estimate and its not worth anything anyways. F*CK I was mad!
Since then I never expect anything on time from them, if its comes on time, bonus and if not. No surprise. Its sad that its gotten to this point but what other options do we have other then paying more for a shipping company. Sometimes thats not worth it for a small piece. End of Rant

Victoria Area Age Verifier
jameskersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 13:08   #9
Jackals

Send a message via MSN to Jackals Send a message via Skype™ to Jackals
I have family that works in CP. They actually want to change "Track Package" on their website to something else because they know that they cant actually track a package.

However when it comes to cost vs benifit. CP wins hands down over Fedex, UPS, and other services.

- Chef
Old May 21st, 2008, 14:28   #10
jameskersten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackals View Post
I have family that works in CP. They actually want to change "Track Package" on their website to something else because they know that they cant actually track a package.

However when it comes to cost vs benifit. CP wins hands down over Fedex, UPS, and other services.

- Chef

I have to agree in terms of cost vs. benifit, they are the best we got here in Canada

Victoria Area Age Verifier
jameskersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 14:55   #11
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
This is normal. It's known to be like that!

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 15:02   #12
CadetCatastrophe
Banned

Send a message via MSN to CadetCatastrophe
Canada Post is fucking rediculous... good to see another georgetowner here though...
CadetCatastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 15:25   #13
Crunchmeister

Canada Post's tracking system is a farce - a lame attempt to make it seem like they've got a working tracking system when they really don't. I've received packages and not had the tracking system be updated past "item received at post office" until 3 days after I took delivery.
Old May 21st, 2008, 18:15   #14
NovaKaynE

CP normally shows up at my house between the hours of 1:30PM and 3:00PM. The hours i'm home, in my house, up and about. Not once in the last 3 months have I heard the door bell ring. But when I leave to go to work at 7PM, that delivery notice card is hanging on my door telling me the postman was there at 2:30PM and I have to go pick it up at the post office the next day. Most of the time I can knock off work early or take an extended lunch break to run out and get it at around 8PM, but it's an unnecessary hassle.
Old May 21st, 2008, 18:33   #15
Skladfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycho View Post
You're lucky; they won't deliver to me. All they do is drop a pick-up notice in my mailbox and make me go get it (I mean, you figure that out - they come within 100 metres of my house, but won't bring the package with them).
they have a gun that shoots out door knob notices while they drive by your house.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General