Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

US Special Forces

:

USA

Old April 26th, 2008, 23:07   #46
-Skeletor-
SF dudes I've seen out here are wearin ACU, but thats just on camp, no clue if they wear that or DCUs out on a mission.
Old April 26th, 2008, 23:13   #47
Yuxi
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmur View Post
Probably heading toward a more Army Special Forces (Green Berets) look rather than a Delta Force or Navy SEALS. I'm not trying to perfectly imitate anyone but to grasp a general look.

TBH, I saw the CONTRAS thread in the team forums and liked the look. So I started to collect pieces and to check out different iterations of SF, and now I need is an AEG to achieve a basic loadout.
Hey Sturmur, I posted my collection of categorized photos a while back which you might find useful if you have not already downloaded it.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=44140

For a general look, all you really need is CIRAS (with a good choice of pouches, i.e. nothing too fancy, but wisely arranged), a MICH2000 (with the regular NVG mount for army), ACU, some sort of desert boots, and a M4 RIS.

Though you might find SEAL stuff to be both more interesting, as well as less restrictive in what you can use. Just a heads up too, the IBH is typically considered a SEAL item.

IMO a very good SEAL or SF setup can be created for about $6-800 given the wide choices of very high quality replicas of SOF equipment out there today (discounting the cost of guns of course), so long as one does not make any junk purchases along the way, which unfortunately most people can not avoid while in a process of trial and error.

Last edited by Yuxi; April 26th, 2008 at 23:19..
Yuxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 01:36   #48
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupo View Post
Realistically the m14's having been phased out by most of the sf units in favor of the mk11 or the new M110 Semi-Auto Sniper System.
Yeah, the M110 is a beauty of a gun.

I've got one of these on the drawing board, just need a few more parts and the gun is done As for the Green Berets, just go with standard army ranger look.
Old May 26th, 2008, 05:43   #49
rockafella

DD

Last edited by rockafella; June 30th, 2016 at 13:33..
rockafella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2008, 21:22   #50
Polar Nova

Nice. I like the shemagh. It's a good and popular tool of protection from the sun and BBs.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 21:34   #51
H-G

One thing that jumps out at me is the non ballistic helmet, not sure the skate helmet you've got really works for the impression you have going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Airsofter
However no offence to the soviet team, but Spetsnaz are something to be feared. What I faced off against seemed like a parody of Russian mobsters.

FREE ATREYU
H-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 21:03   #52
MadMorbius
The taclight is on the wrong side of your rifle. You put it on the same side as the ejection port if you're right handed. Two reasons:

1) So that you can turn it on with your thumb while gripping the vert grip
2) More importantly, you always lay a rifle down with the ejection port up.
Old August 5th, 2008, 21:21   #53
Brakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMorbius View Post
The taclight is on the wrong side of your rifle. You put it on the same side as the ejection port if you're right handed. Two reasons:

1) So that you can turn it on with your thumb while gripping the vert grip
2) More importantly, you always lay a rifle down with the ejection port up.
This is mostly a technicality but since I'm a left-handed shooter then having my flashlight on the left side of my gun makes sense, right ? Only problem being that airsoft doesn't allow me to have a left-handed receiver.

Brakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2008, 10:23   #54
MadMorbius
Yup, that's a valid point. Biggest thing there is that if you lay the rifle down to fire over cover (for example if you have to use a vehicle for cover) the E-port is up so the rifle can cycle properly. If your flashlight is on the other side, it's interfere with your firing position.

It's tough to explain....have to demonstrate some time.
Old August 11th, 2008, 22:19   #55
Brakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMorbius View Post
Yup, that's a valid point. Biggest thing there is that if you lay the rifle down to fire over cover (for example if you have to use a vehicle for cover) the E-port is up so the rifle can cycle properly. If your flashlight is on the other side, it's interfere with your firing position.

It's tough to explain....have to demonstrate some time.
Nah I get you on that one so in my case I'm fucked unless I work a lot more on my weak side. I have to admit that for general purpose it makes a lot more sense to have any side accessories on the right side.

Brakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 19:34   #56
H-G

Here's my Army 5th group Summer 2007 impression (work in progress)

Quote:
However no offence to the soviet team, but Spetsnaz are something to be feared. What I faced off against seemed like a parody of Russian mobsters.

FREE ATREYU
Old September 21st, 2008, 19:55   #57
techobo

Sexy time. I heard you just had your blaster painted. Any pics?
Old September 21st, 2008, 21:05   #58
Viking

I'm seeing alot of fanny packs now. I was gonna ask Farmboy if he had any TAG fanny packs in, but forgot to when I was there. Looks good, man.
Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 21:08   #59
H-G

Thanks dude! If you don't mind me asking, what would you be using yours for? I usually just have a bunch of tools and electrical tape in there.

Quote:

FREE ATREYU
Old September 21st, 2008, 21:18   #60
Viking

That sounds about right. Other creature comforts related to airsoft could find their way in there as well. Like spare batteries, bag of ammo, etc.
Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA