Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

HobbyKing no longer shipping lipo batteries via AirMail or EMS to Canada

:

Accessories Discussion

Old October 3rd, 2013, 11:55   #16
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

I thought we carried a fairly complete line - what are we missing?
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 12:05   #17
Pesky

Send a message via AIM to Pesky Send a message via Skype™ to Pesky
Yes you do not saying you don't, i love the fact that you are carrying these batteries, but i was looking more so for crane stock friendly batteries or even the higher 25c-50c batteries that could fit in the buffer tubes, i know the A1 motor recommends a 30c dump
Old October 3rd, 2013, 13:08   #18
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
lmao 8000 dollars

If you ask them if there are any hidden fees, and they say no, and they invoice you with a mystery bill, you can refuse it.

If you take your car to a mechanic, get the fluids changed, then you ask "is this everything on my receipt?" and they say yes, its a finished deal. They can't phone you up 3 weeks later and be all "hey we forgot to invoice you for wiper fluid, so come on back to the shop and pay for it"

I paid for shipping. I paid customs fees and taxes at the post office. Anything else beyond that is unwarranted.
Could it become a problem of "he said, she said?" How would you get it in writing or some sort of proof that that's all you had to pay? Email? Recording via Google Voice (with consent/disclaimer that the call is being recorded for QA)?
Old October 3rd, 2013, 13:15   #19
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

it's quite simple.. charge the fee or make note of it on the tracking number. That removes all doubt.

I don't have a problem with paying a fair brokerage cost, don't lie to me and say there's not and slip it in the mail hoping you don't even remember why you have to pay at all.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 13:25   #20
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky View Post
Yes you do not saying you don't, i love the fact that you are carrying these batteries, but i was looking more so for crane stock friendly batteries or even the higher 25c-50c batteries that could fit in the buffer tubes, i know the A1 motor recommends a 30c dump
We're getting a bunch of those in the next shipment.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 13:29   #21
Pesky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
We're getting a bunch of those in the next shipment.
well then .... that's perfect i now no longer have to go through with hobbyking! thank you!
Old October 3rd, 2013, 14:18   #22
JerryMcGoulBerry

It's been 2 and a half months since I've ordered my batteries, and I haven't seen them. I don't think this is too bad.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 15:39   #23
Batman

Send a message via ICQ to Batman Send a message via MSN to Batman
yeah I'm in a fight with them because of their shipper. its been almost 2 months. they gave me back the shipping fees as i paid for 3 day shipping, but the order itself they are still waiting back from the shipper. they have opened an investigation

"Fast is slow, slow is quick, quick is smooth"
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 16:20   #24
Pesky

yeah last time i paid for 3 day shipping it took nearly 2 months for me to get the package and i also had to deal with VERY poor customer service, i was not very impressed at all
Old October 3rd, 2013, 16:38   #25
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Could it become a problem of "he said, she said?" How would you get it in writing or some sort of proof that that's all you had to pay? Email? Recording via Google Voice (with consent/disclaimer that the call is being recorded for QA)?
The receipt is your end all be all.
Anything that isn't on that receipt when you pick it up from the post office is void.

So they say "Hey, you didn't pay for this"
And you say "tell me where on my receipt it said I had to pay for that, tell me where in your policy, I was told by your customer rep, that there were no hidden fees"

Like I said, you don't get calls from stores saying "hey we forgot to bill you for this, come back and give us money". They make a billing mistake, it's an internal problem, doesn't involve you.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 22:23   #26
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Heard from a contact in Shenzen that China Post is no longer accepting any goods that have batteries, he says he's using DHL for all battery orders now.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 22:34   #27
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

lithium is "unstable" so they don't like it being on airplanes.... or at least not in a certain size. Anyway laws are crazy.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 23:43   #28
DustMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
lithium is "unstable" so they don't like it being on airplanes.... or at least not in a certain size. Anyway laws are crazy.
Most passenger airlines won't allow lithium batteries in checked luggage either, i.e. spare laptop batteries and the like must be carry-on.

Maybe they are worried that they could ignite and if unattended that would be bad. If your carry-on starts smoking they can at least hit it with the extinguisher (or spray it, whatever works).

A local retailer also noted that he can only get batteries by DHL as well.
DustMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2013, 00:39   #29
CR0M

the last time I ordered from them (like 5 months ago) I wasnt paying attention and accidentally ordered from their US warehouse and had it shipped UPS (was in a rush and wasnt paying any attention)

after realizing the next day that I had it coming UPS, I was preparing for rape fees. funny enough, ups leaves it on my front deck (while I was home) no fees, nothing. and my order was a $60 order too!

anyways.... if your fiending for a cheap lipo check this at dx.com . I bought a 1500mah 7.4 lipo shipped for just under $10. It shipped the next day. (which is completely rare because usually it takes them at least a week before they either ship it or tell me they are actually out of stock)

Last edited by CR0M; October 5th, 2013 at 00:41..
CR0M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2013, 14:45   #30
ccyg8774

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR0M View Post
anyways.... if your fiending for a cheap lipo check this at dx.com . I bought a 1500mah 7.4 lipo shipped for just under $10. It shipped the next day. (which is completely rare because usually it takes them at least a week before they either ship it or tell me they are actually out of stock)
That looks like a LiFe battery rather than a Lipo... Dispite they saying Lipo.
And the wires don't look thick enough for airsoft purpose.
I am not a DX hater, I brought a LOT of stuff, include many airsoft accessories from them, but sometimes their labeling is just wrong...

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion