Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft "Pet Peeves", time to vent guys!

:

General

Old July 27th, 2012, 08:09   #1276
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
No ones whining. I've played against guys who shoot for the face. And only the face. Wide open at 20 feet. Those people are deliberately trying to hurt a person. If all you can see is the head or at 100 feet it's. It's. It a big deal. That's. Normal game play.
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2012, 08:47   #1277
whisper_kill

Brian is right. This is probably one of my biggest pet peeves and I've seen seasoned vets do it. Just because you called "HIT" doesn't mean the 5 - 15 BB's behind the one that hit you suddenly fall straight to the ground. You WILL get hit multiple times after you called hit. Don't be a twat and whine about it.
Old July 27th, 2012, 10:58   #1278
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I'm with the zero whining, but there are exceptions. A friendly reminder when getting popped in the face for no reason isn't bad. Someone who blatantly shoots for the face must be dealt with; but by a game admin, or their own team leader. Someone who does it carelessly (and I've known many) need controlled reminders, or training. It is a reaction as well. When I started, I went for the head as a reflex. When this problem occurred in a player, our team leader would pull them aside, and mention the issue. What we would do, is ban them from any head shots for a short time. They would have to work harder for their kills, and would gain some perspective on the game. Ultimately it made them a better player.

As far a purposeful face shots with intent to injure, there is no excuse. However; you have to 100% sure before accusing someone of doing such a thing. Remember though that face shots are not banned, they are only frowned upon. So unless your totally in the open, and the guy blasts you from twenty feet away in the face, without an apology, your going to have to man up.

We also will aim north if a guy isn't calling his hits. That's a question people ask all the time. "What do I do when my opponent is blatantly not calling his hits?". If in this case it feels like your wasting your time and BBs, aim higher to get their attention. Don't stop shooting till they scream hit. Still though, close range is not acceptable on purpose. There is a large difference from leaving a mark, or sticking a BB in guys face.
Old July 27th, 2012, 11:26   #1279
msk-sarge

i understand shots to the face are going to happen but the situation i was talking about was when i was shot by the guy called hit had my hands up above my cover and then waited till the fire stopped stood up with my hands still up and i looked a guy who decided after about 3 seconds it would be a good idea to put a nice long burst at my face from about 40 ft away.

that is when i got no patience for it when you know that its intentional.
and the funny part is his reasoning was that he was mad at how much i was shooting at his cover trying to make it so he couldnt shoot.
msk-sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2012, 11:40   #1280
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk-sarge View Post
i understand shots to the face are going to happen but the situation i was talking about was when i was shot by the guy called hit had my hands up above my cover and then waited till the fire stopped stood up with my hands still up and i looked a guy who decided after about 3 seconds it would be a good idea to put a nice long burst at my face from about 40 ft away.

that is when i got no patience for it when you know that its intentional.
and the funny part is his reasoning was that he was mad at how much i was shooting at his cover trying to make it so he couldnt shoot.
Sounds like someone who isn't mature enough to be on the field and playing airsoft. Should have been brought to the attention of game control, and potentially been given a time-out, off-field.
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2012, 11:45   #1281
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk-sarge View Post

did you explain to him what suppressing fire is?
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2012, 12:39   #1282
Danke

Players who loose control of their temper (and this has been already said) need to be ejected then and there.

There's positive aggression in the spirit of the game can be expressed; trash talking, the desire to hunt down a particular player, or gain an objective are all part and parcel of this.

As soon as someone looses their temper and attacks with the red mist on they can't get another chance to bite that game. If it's a constant pattern of loosing it then they can't be welcome.

It sure sounds like some of these people mentioned in the thread who aim for the head should be booted. From the tone of the comments they sound like habitual problems. If they're the organizer/host/buddy of then you have to vote with your feet and don't attend those events.
Old July 28th, 2012, 11:25   #1283
msk-sarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
did you explain to him what suppressing fire is?
yes i did and i did also bring it to game controls attention.
i didn't totally lash out at the guy on the field i just said hey stupid my fking hands are up that mean you dont shoot me.
msk-sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:17   #1284
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
newbies who recently learned new info on AEG mods insisting that you wasted your money on a PTW when you could have spent a fraction of that on a regular G&P or KA, then when he was floored after he saw the difference in performance between the two vs a PTW, proceed and tell everyone else how awesome PTW are and it's a waste of time going to aeg without even playing or owning one.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 22:32   #1285
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

It annoys me when Im trying to give someone my hard earned money in exchange for their parts and they dont reply back. I know your online, I have a read receipt for the PM but you dont reply back. It's like you dont want to take my money or something. Oh well I can take my business elsewhere. It's not like what you have is unique or rare.

I always want to help a fellow member get rid of stuff they dont need but I cant help you if you cant help yourself.

Has anyone else noticed a decline in the classifieds or is it just me?
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 23:22   #1286
Ricochet

There is a decline. For three reasons. First; it's actually become easier and more legal (in ways) to obtain guns from out of country. Second; because of the nature of airsoft in Canada with prices being driven down, it's often not worth to sell used equipment. especially on ASC to those who would know the items worth. And of course thirdly; all these things push towards a trend of buying new. Why waste your time when you can aquire exactly what you want, and now afford it.

Just my thoughts.
Old August 13th, 2012, 23:33   #1287
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Well I'm looking for a resonably priced gun new or used. But from what I keep seeing everyone keeps offering high prices for used guns. Personally depending on who I am buying off of, I'd rather used. But the gear sales are still fairly strong.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 11:44   #1288
jordan7831

Why do people say something is BNIB and then they say the tappet plate and safety broke? Thats clearly not BNIB. Thats not even like new in box. Thats a broken gun!
Old August 14th, 2012, 12:42   #1289
Ricochet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7831 View Post
Why do people say something is BNIB and then they say the tappet plate and safety broke? Thats clearly not BNIB. Thats not even like new in box. Thats a broken gun!
On that note; people who sell you something, and don't mention that something is broken (like a safety), and then Pretend it's no big deal because that is common for "that" gun.

Years back, a guy sold me a Tanaka USP P8 with a broken safety. When I questioned him about it, he said "Don't worry about it, the safetys on USPs always break". I can tell you, that the only way to break the safety on a USP is to actuate it, and then squeeze the trigger as hard as you can. But that's not really the point.

Another good one is the sellers who say their gun has only been "plinked with". It may not be scratched up from field use, but you could've put hundreds of thousands of rounds through it in your basement or backyard. Your drunk friends could've been smacking it around shooting each other last time you had a party. I had some friends who shot each other up everyday after work. Their apartment walls had the texture of a golf ball. I'd rather have the gun look like it's had some usage, then the internals been to hell and back. You know what else "plinkers" don't do? "regular maintenance" (in most cases, so sorry to those that are the exception").

Last edited by Ricochet; August 14th, 2012 at 12:51..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 13:54   #1290
jordan7831

Great post. Another thing is when plinkers think their gun is perfect because they only shoot a max of 20 feet. Then when you buy it. You find it can't shoot worth a damn.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General