Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Year Of The GBBR....or just a stinky smell that's passing through...

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 9th, 2009, 00:51   #136
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVORKIAN View Post
Is that on white or whole wheat? LOL
Give me the $12 bucks and I'll buy you lunch so I can tell you why NOT to buy an Inokatsu M4!

I think you would like getting into these GBBR's given your RS expertise & knowledge.
It's white bread, there's some green fuzzy stuff on it, but it should still be OK.

I don't really see myself playing again, but it would be interesting to have a gas gun that can run on CO2, be reliable, with consistant output and not be a sinkhole for upgrade dollars and o-rings everytime you use it.

I think that the GBBR is on the crux of attaining that. I think that propane or green gas is a dead dog in this regard, CO2 is the way. It will mean lubrication, but a real AR requires that, so a GBBR should as well. And CO2 solves the problem of finding room for a propane bottle in your RAV or similar rig.

I will buy one when a decent CO2 version comes out that requires no upgrades, no mods and isn't going to run me $1250. I have no desire to spend the big $$$ on something that I know I'm not going to use. I would rather buy an ACOG.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 01:03   #137
KEVORKIAN

I agree, a Co2 platform is the direction they need to go which is why I'm giving the WE Scar a try...it is the latest version and capable of using the Co2 powerlets!
As for NOT breaking the bank, these things can & will do just that...and you thought owning a PTW was expensive!

I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 01:14   #138
Bissa

Send a message via MSN to Bissa
I just saw a video for a GBB M60. now I want one.
Bissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 01:16   #139
mcguyver

Quote:
As for NOT breaking the bank, these things can & will do just that...and you thought owning a PTW was expensive!
Try the real thing, cost has no end there.

My AR is far more expensive than any of the PTWs were, I'm no stranger to that. But for me, I'd like to see $600 for a reliable system. The parts count and tolerances can be far less than for any AEG, and steel is no more expensive than cast zinc alloy in quantity, at least not for the little it is really needed.

Old September 9th, 2009, 01:18   #140
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
It's white bread, there's some green fuzzy stuff on it, but it should still be OK.

I don't really see myself playing again, but it would be interesting to have a gas gun that can run on CO2, be reliable, with consistant output and not be a sinkhole for upgrade dollars and o-rings everytime you use it.

I think that the GBBR is on the crux of attaining that. I think that propane or green gas is a dead dog in this regard, CO2 is the way. It will mean lubrication, but a real AR requires that, so a GBBR should as well. And CO2 solves the problem of finding room for a propane bottle in your RAV or similar rig.

I will buy one when a decent CO2 version comes out that requires no upgrades, no mods and isn't going to run me $1250. I have no desire to spend the big $$$ on something that I know I'm not going to use. I would rather buy an ACOG.
RA-tech is thinking of making GHK Mag conversion so it will take 12g CO2....probably they will design a CO2 in the end...if you seen gungas forum's bombardment of CO2 mag...you will know. Its like having all of the drugs addicts in Canada in one place demanding weed.
Also Mac lemme give you an advice. there won't be a Out of the box reliabile Magna GBBR Why?
*Inokatsu.. all they care was gloating their recievers,
*G&P wants to redefine what WA flooding variants as soon as they make a new design. (Honestly there's like 20+ WOC versions already)
*Prime..doesn't want to make a full set (even though they're only missing few parts - Out front end assembly, stock, grip, inner barrel. Im serious you could just get a firearm grip, outer barrel, front sight, gas tube, and stock and just buy a PDI barrel and there you go you got a Prime GBBR
*WA...Doesn't have problems why? because their laws made it that way. When you whine "my reciever cracked" they will say "Japanese rules states plastic reciever, and 134a gas only...bye"
*AGM...dude they don't cut corners they cut a city block. Theres so many problems Im so glad I didnt get it
*JG...plastic Reciever, pot metal bolt carriers.

and Mac the cheapest reliable GBBR price right now is around $1200
G&P Reciever $150 -> $400
Prime Lower Set $205
Prime Steel Barrel Extension: $36
RA-Tech NPAS complete bolt carrier $260
G&P Storm Grip or get a AR-15 for about $25
G&P M4 Carbine Plastic handguard Front set (comes with stock) $123
RA-Tech Hopup and Inner barrel $120
AR-15 Charging Handle (mod it) $40

Problems I could see:
**Depending on serial ## post 1500 will have lil or no wobbling, I do not recommand magic pin to do it as it will destroy your front pin slot (which I did to mine)
**Aluminium diecase reciever mind break in long run (mine broke after 5k)
If you want to solve the two problems add $400 and get a prime reciever. also you could use a ar-15 upper instead of spending $260USD to get an airsoft oversea (I know you don't need retailer but it still cost that much)

oh and btw thats what Im doing, I have dissassemble and reassemble my WOC once to every lil parts that is needed to build a GBBR from scratch. and Brownells how to build an AR-15 is my recommanded guide to:
Fix your GBBR
Build an GBBR from scratch
Im not joking the magna has about 10 less rention pins/screws/tabs/ parts than the Magna. The only thing brownells didnt tell you how to put was the auto searing part.
Old September 9th, 2009, 01:28   #141
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Inokatsu = FAIL
...this gun still leaves a bad taste in my mouth!
2009 one is very nice.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 01:28   #142
mcguyver

This why I think we will see inferior designs die out and superior designs flourish. Also, you will see the price drop substantially.

I'm willing to bet that we are going to see China do to the gas guns what Norinco has done to the AR. They have the capacity and expertise to pull it off, and this will force the OE manufacturers to firm up design and name to keep themselves viable.

I think we will see a $600 reliable GBBR by next spring. I'm not interested in being involved in some sort of consumer-beta-test. I can afford to wait the GBBR battle out, and see who the winner is.

Old September 9th, 2009, 01:31   #143
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
I think we will see a $600 reliable GBBR by next spring. I'm not interested in being involved in some sort of consumer-beta-test. I can afford to wait the GBBR battle out, and see who the winner is.
AGM + G&P upgrade + RA-TECH bolt carrier = $500 USD full metal, full reliable GBBR that works on everything except CO2 (but that will come soon i'm told). Add another $150 and you'll start having steel parts/barrel left and right.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 01:32   #144
mcguyver

$500 USD = $1250 Can.

Airsoft math in case our forgot about that on your "vacation".

Old September 9th, 2009, 01:33   #145
KEVORKIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
2009 one is very nice.
That's what I thought about the 2008 INO M4...I'm not biting again!
The latest review video that Redwolf put out on the latest INO M4 brings back haunting memories...it sounds exactly the same = CRAP!! It does not like to be fired in full auto!!!

I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 01:33   #146
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

I am considering one of these things for my first AR, but yeah waiting a bit seems like a good idea, plus you can buy cheap parts from people when they get tired of them
Old September 9th, 2009, 01:40   #147
kullwarrior

Quote:
That's what I thought about the 2008 INO M4...I'm not biting again!
The latest review video that Redwolf put out on the latest INO M4 brings back haunting memories...it sounds exactly the same = CRAP!! It does not like to be fired in full auto!!!
sounds like my WOC with steel bolt carrier and using stock G&P spring... spits out at 600rpm...Mine was the trigger saying hurry up you slow buffer spring...where as the ino does seem to be that way. (my RA-tech carrier actually stop at the full lock back for a few hundredth of a seconds before moving forward) a summer spring it goes to 850 for first 5 then stabilize around 650-750 unless you really want to show the cool down effect.
Old September 9th, 2009, 01:49   #148
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
2009 one is very nice.
mine was a 2009 and no it was not nice and no where near very nice. Again worst ever airsoft buy ever! in a decade.

_/|
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 01:52   #149
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
mine was a 2009 and no it was not nice and no where near very nice. Again worst ever airsoft buy ever! in a decade.
I thought the 2009 literally just came out? Or was still on preorder..?
Old September 9th, 2009, 01:54   #150
kullwarrior

his was probably 2008, since his last trader rating was last year, 09 just release like 1.5 weeks ago.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion