BDU Suppliers and quality

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 28th, 2014, 15:39   #1
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
BDU Suppliers and quality

Hello all,

I'm currently in the market for a new black BDU shirt. Much like the Valken VTAC Zulu, with moisture wicking torso and the heavy bdu cloth arms.

Unfortunately they no longer make this shirt, and I cant find anyplace that carries them.... so time to branch out to other companies.

Does anyone have any suggestions for brands (MUST be available in Canada...40+ for shipping is a turn off unless its got laser targeting modules built into it) that they have had a good experience with?

Rothco shirts are junk, and don't fit properly on me, I need a large due to the length of my torso and arms...so if you're a 6-6.1" person wearing a large bdu with a moisture wicking torso and have had a great experience with it, let me know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 15:44   #2
dongtheimpaler
Banned

Hey,
Oddly enough I swear I saw one of those in one of my gear bags when I was going through my storage locker. I'm pretty sure it's a large I'll get back to you on it this weekend.
dongtheimpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 15:50   #3
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Tru spec has started using Multicam Black in their gear. I think they have more than a few retailers in Canada.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (316.8 KB, 29 views)
Old March 28th, 2014, 15:55   #4
daishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Tru spec has started using Multicam Black in their gear. I think they have more than a few retailers in Canada.
Yah, I would have bought one of those if it came in full black

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongtheimpaler View Post
Hey,
Oddly enough I swear I saw one of those in one of my gear bags when I was going through my storage locker. I'm pretty sure it's a large I'll get back to you on it this weekend.
Alright let me know!
Quote:
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
Old March 28th, 2014, 15:57   #5
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
MC BLACK is sexy
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 16:33   #6
daishi

Has anyone heard or have a good experience with Propper Tac U shirts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bme7S49-YoI

http://www.camouflage.ca/propper_bla...f541738001.htm
Quote:
Old March 28th, 2014, 16:48   #7
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I have a tac.u in MC and OD.. I personally like it.. the torso is nice and cool... unlike the standard acu cut mandarin collar...

the torso fabric leaves a bit to be desired it chaffs easily on edges and develops piles in the laundry as it's a fairly light fabric. It's like nice tshirt fabric. The rest is standard ripstop.

The sleeves are next to impossible to roll up if you want some airflow on your arms.
Old March 31st, 2014, 03:39   #8
thebreadbandit.

I can second lurkingknight's experience with the TAC.U, as I have one in MC as well. For the fall/ winter games I've been to it's been awesome, but I still need to game it in warmer weather conditions... The inability to easily roll up the sleeves (can only get it about 1.5 rolls up due to the numerous pockets on the sleeve) and the torso material make this thing seem like a nightmare for summer games.

Instagram: thebreadbandit
thebreadbandit. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2014, 09:23   #9
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
OpsGear has a great selection. While being in the US they offer many shipping options, one of them being USPS Int'l Priority Mail which generally is between $10-$20 even on very large orders. They have tons of camo prints including original Multicam as well as Multicam Black in BDUs and ACUs, so you would be in luck for your want/need for the sport fabric chest-back and camo print shoulders and sleeves.
Old March 31st, 2014, 09:30   #10
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack The Ripper View Post
OpsGear has a great selection. While being in the US they offer many shipping options, one of them being USPS Int'l Priority Mail which generally is between $10-$20 even on very large orders. They have tons of camo prints including original Multicam as well as Multicam Black in BDUs and ACUs, so you would be in luck for your want/need for the sport fabric chest-back and camo print shoulders and sleeves.
IF you choose opsgear,

Just call opsgear first before placing your order. They tend to have "in-stock items" that aren't actually in stock, after your order was placed, you would have to wait a bit till they stocked it and shipped it.

I was under the assumption that it was in stock, since the website stated it was, lol.

Jan 16 order placed.

Several calls in between stated that they were waiting for inventory.

Feb 24, asked for a full refund.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2014, 10:32   #11
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
^Indeed.

Otherwise, excellent customer service and great gear.
Old April 1st, 2014, 01:05   #12
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

You can try emailing Edward at Creative Outdoors in Markham. BioRage told me about him and he stocks a lot of products and is pretty good at getting stuff in. His prices are so-so but he has price matched a couple of times for me. His email is creative.outdoor@gmail.com.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion