Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft in Japan documentary

:

General

Old April 11th, 2014, 03:45   #1
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

Airsoft in Japan documentary

Came across this awesome video. The dude is Italian but it has English subtitles. Gives a glimpse into the game as it's played from it's birthplace.

http://youtu.be/2RHIgl8XR_Q
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 09:25   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

such a japanese thing to make limited number release stuff to create demand in a collector market.
Old April 11th, 2014, 10:30   #3
p0nch3

This was actually really nice. Pretty well made and really informative. As if I didn't want to go to Japan enough. This kinda cemented my desire to go
p0nch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 10:42   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

it's some kind of magical land lol.

I wasn't able to get to any airsoft stores when I was there. Hope to be going again next spring so I will definitely be checking out at least echigoya.
Old April 11th, 2014, 10:49   #5
p0nch3

If I do manage to go with tmy girlfriend, we'd be in Akiba for 80% of our time there so I'd have a lot of time to go check the stores out.
p0nch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 11:41   #6
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

there's so much more to see... I figured I would've stayed in akiba more too but there were a lot of other places to check out.. you can only do so much shopping.

If you're into anime tora no ana, animate, melon books are pretty much the places you'd check out... once to get through the shock factor.. a second time to buy stuff if you don't buy anything the first time... a 3rd time if you go alone to buy stuff you don't want your friends seeing you buy. :P

A few game shops.. used, new, maybe you'll stumble into one of those places that has an ultra rare jp region game.

hobby shops like volks if you want model kits or dolls or model train stores... I basically wandered in and out of every store over the course of a couple days, sex shops, anime stores, video stores, arcades, electronic component stores. I stayed in a hotel in ueno so it was only 2 stops to get to akiba, and the food was better in akiba than ueno so after a day of wandering elsewhere in tokyo we would stop in akiba to grab a bite.

Echigoya's main store I think is actually in shinjuku.
Old April 14th, 2014, 19:49   #7
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.
(and if you REALLY want to do some good, buy a charity airsoft calendar shot in/around Akihabara!!!!)

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General