Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ontario-Quebec WWII game planning Thread

:

WW1, WW2

Old May 15th, 2012, 12:31   #76
5kull

I think this game is a great idea and I suggest we make this an annual event.

Regarding the theme. I think it all depends on who will come to the game and who and what toys they will bring with them.

I think it's a great opportunity to make this a road trip with camping and bring along friends and girlfriend who want to try WW2 Airsoft or act as NPC's.

I can certainly load the van with players that want to try WW2 airsoft, either by loaning my extra kit or having them play resistance fighters.

The theme itself is just an excuse to set the scenario. Like someone said, we will probably have 20-40 people, a little bit more if it's a big success. My last game I had 20 people but I don't think they will all come to ottawa unless it's a really special game.
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 13:32   #77
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

I'm shooting for a platoon level event.

30 ALLIED

30 AXIS

and some resistance

maybe total participation 80 people
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 16:08   #78
5kull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
I'm shooting for a platoon level event.

30 ALLIED

30 AXIS

and some resistance

maybe total participation 80 people
That's a good number. Enough to be impressive but not to big.
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 18:37   #79
Drunk_Albertan

How are the restrictions such as kit and weapons going to be handled? What I mean is am I going to get hosed down by some guy with a burlap wrapped M4 on full auto? Just saying is there going to be more of an effort put in to having period kit and weapons to attend?

Not trying to be picky but if I were to come from Ab it would be dissapointing to see running shoe commandos coming at me with modern weapons blazing away against my b/a rifle lol.
Old May 15th, 2012, 18:52   #80
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Albertan View Post
How are the restrictions such as kit and weapons going to be handled? What I mean is am I going to get hosed down by some guy with a burlap wrapped M4 on full auto? Just saying is there going to be more of an effort put in to having period kit and weapons to attend?

Not trying to be picky but if I were to come from Ab it would be dissapointing to see running shoe commandos coming at me with modern weapons blazing away against my b/a rifle lol.
http://www.ontarioairsoftwwiireenactors.com/rules.html

http://www.ontarioairsoftwwiireenact...ent_level.html

this is being billed as a level I event, Impression required.

weapons rules as seen at the link above

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Last edited by Brian McIlmoyle; May 16th, 2012 at 11:27..
Old May 15th, 2012, 19:28   #81
Drunk_Albertan

Excellent, thanks.
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:26   #82
leecas
The Rain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
http://www.ontarioairsoftwwiireenactors.com/rules.html

http://www.ontarioairsoftwwiireenact...ent_level.html

this is being billed as a level II event, Reasonable attempt at at impression required.

weapons rules as seen at the link above
Hi Brian, I would like to see this as a Level I event with a 80 to 100%. If you're at 60% then contact us because we have enough guys to help get you to 80% or better. I agree that I don't want to make a long trek and see half ass attempt... wearing grey or black does not make you a German. Wearing post WWII OD does not make you a GI dogface.

I think this needs to be stepped up and we will see this becoming an annual event. And then we can ask for 95 to 100% in impressions and gear.

I think even the weapon rule needs to be restricted even further. For this one it doesn't have to be 100% but we should establish a list of Modern weapons that will only be allowed with no exceptions.

I think we can easily get 30 guys on each side that have 80 to 100% impressions attending this event. This event isn't for the guys that want to try out WWII airsoft... Level III and Level II events are for them. This event is for the guys that have put a lot of effort in putting an impression together and know that they want to do WWII airsoft. And are willing to travel across the Province or across the Country to be around other guys with the same mind set.
leecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:10   #83
Pockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecas View Post
Hi Brian, I would like to see this as a Level I event with a 80 to 100%. If you're at 60% then contact us because we have enough guys to help get you to 80% or better. I agree that I don't want to make a long trek and see half ass attempt... wearing grey or black does not make you a German. Wearing post WWII OD does not make you a GI dogface.

I think this needs to be stepped up and we will see this becoming an annual event. And then we can ask for 95 to 100% in impressions and gear.

I think even the weapon rule needs to be restricted even further. For this one it doesn't have to be 100% but we should establish a list of Modern weapons that will only be allowed with no exceptions.

I think we can easily get 30 guys on each side that have 80 to 100% impressions attending this event. This event isn't for the guys that want to try out WWII airsoft... Level III and Level II events are for them. This event is for the guys that have put a lot of effort in putting an impression together and know that they want to do WWII airsoft. And are willing to travel across the Province or across the Country to be around other guys with the same mind set.
you got it. If im gona think about making a trek out, im gona hope/expect its gona be a good game, with people in complete kit.
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:12   #84
shiftsup

It would be useful to create a thread on this board in regards the minimal kit expectations for this event.

A simple 60% US GI Infantry 10 foot impression is easy to assemble.

M1 Helmet, HBTs with or without the M41 jacket, web pistol belt, suspenders isn't expensive when you have a year to acquire the goods.

If some post wwii weapons are allowed (e.g faux wood M14 for axis or allied) you can always tie a meat can pouch on the pistol belt to carry the magazines.

I agree with Leecas, if you have a 90%+ complete kit why would you want to take a 6+ hour drive (or fly) to take part in a wwii event that would have players wearing Flecktarn, DPM, Woodland, 'Nam ODs etc.

Anyways, it's not my problem. Enjoy your overpriced shaving acessories.
shiftsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:12   #85
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:

I agree... and there is lots of time to get sorted out if you are gust getting in now..

LEVEL 1 it is

period style weapon - Required
Period clothing and loadout required - Impression must be solid at 10 feet

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Last edited by Brian McIlmoyle; May 16th, 2012 at 11:35..
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:31   #86
firefox
a.k.a. Firefox_07
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

Quote:

+1
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:58   #87
McCrea
a.k.a. Morgothor
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

Quote:

+1 British Commando Kit is almost completed

FAQC.CA - WW2QUEBEC.ORG
McCrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:09   #88
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
I think this game is a great idea and I suggest we make this an annual event.

Regarding the theme. I think it all depends on who will come to the game and who and what toys they will bring with them.

I think it's a great opportunity to make this a road trip with camping and bring along friends and girlfriend who want to try WW2 Airsoft or act as NPC's.

I can certainly load the van with players that want to try WW2 airsoft, either by loaning my extra kit or having them play resistance fighters.

The theme itself is just an excuse to set the scenario. Like someone said, we will probably have 20-40 people, a little bit more if it's a big success. My last game I had 20 people but I don't think they will all come to ottawa unless it's a really special game.
I don't think we want this to be a try it out game..

this will be a "pay off for your commitment game"

we will be looking for a high standard of impressions .. even from the people who choose to run a resistance fighter impression.

Showing up in your jeans and sneakers won't cut it

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old May 16th, 2012, 12:33   #89
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
I really like the way this thread is going

Can't wait for this game.

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:38   #90
PWalk

So glad I have my FSSF impression done - only thing I don't wear is the boots, because damn it, it's nearly impossible to find ones that fit women's feet! :P
PWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2