Airsoft Canada
http://www.infinityarms.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Another starter gun thread - a different angle this time

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 17th, 2017, 11:34   #16
Ricochet
Can I ask you a serious question? How much sand can you fit in your vagina?
 
Ricochet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Delta, BC (Greater Vancouver)
M4s are shit simple to make ultra-light. Don't worry about the receiver, unless its in characteristically heavy, though I'm not sure which companies still have that issue. There's polymer, thermomold parts available for stocks, grips and sights. You also have the ability to swap out things like barrels and buffer tubes for aluminum ones. Grab a CQB length rifle to shave off some poundage. Search minimalist M4 to get some ideas. Just remember, cut weight intelligently. You want a practical and efficient weapon over as light as possible, but you'll find a happy balance.
__________________
WE'RE RECRUITING MORE AGE VERIFIERS FOR MORE REGIONS OF CANADA! INTERESTED? CHECK OUT OUR THREAD HERE!

BC & YUKON MASTER AV REPRESENTITIVE
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 12:15   #17
Okawesome
 
Okawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Toronto, ON
Hey guys, thanks for all the input. I think I'm going to go with the Amoeba short honey badger - the AM-015 since the chances of me playing any outdoor airsoft are slim to none. I also asked a question in the Newbie Thread about maybe even running a TM 5.1 HiCapa as primary instead of an AEG rifle. Feel free to weigh in there as well if you like.

Just exploring as many options as I can before I dive in.

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=182709
Okawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 20:00   #18
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe
 
ThunderCactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary...now with less oil industry than eco-hipster Vancouver
Why does having the shorter badger affect outdoors games?
__________________
Tamiya connectors suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatt13 View Post
i never understood why the oil refinery had a brothel... i never see them at the refineries i work at this is bull!
ThunderCactus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2017, 00:24   #19
Okawesome
 
Okawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Toronto, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Why does having the shorter badger affect outdoors games?


From my standpoint it's more of an advantage for indoor cqb. As I understand, the shorter badger should still function well enough at longer ranges outside but the reduced gun length helps manoeuvre in tight spaces.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2017, 00:37   #20
Amos
 
Amos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokushima, Japan
Send a message via MSN to Amos
You're hyper over-thinking everything. You'd be much better off to get a middle-ground gun.. something average M4 length rather than specialising in one aspect over another, a decent set of boots, a way to carry magazines, and 3-5 spare magazines.

Put all this effort and excitement into reading and watching media on how to handle firearms in CQB situations rather than worrying about shaving 500 grams off of something.

If 1kg isn't manageable for you, you should work on upgrading your body rather than your gear.
__________________
Custom Builds:
FA3674U
Krinkov
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2017, 09:03   #21
Okawesome
 
Okawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Toronto, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
You're hyper over-thinking everything. You'd be much better off to get a middle-ground gun.. something average M4 length rather than specialising in one aspect over another, a decent set of boots, a way to carry magazines, and 3-5 spare magazines.

Put all this effort and excitement into reading and watching media on how to handle firearms in CQB situations rather than worrying about shaving 500 grams off of something.

If 1kg isn't manageable for you, you should work on upgrading your body rather than your gear.


Thanks Amos. I'm not worried about weight anymore after the feedback already in this thread. I'm thinking excessively over the weapon at this point because I have purchased all the other gear I need - good eyepro, boots, gloves and a tac vest which will carry 4 mags.

The weapon is going to be the most expensive investment so I don't think there's any harm in considering all options. It's the same way I'd consider any other purchase.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2017, 09:58   #22
Amos
 
Amos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokushima, Japan
Send a message via MSN to Amos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okawesome View Post
Thanks Amos. I'm not worried about weight anymore after the feedback already in this thread. I'm thinking excessively over the weapon at this point because I have purchased all the other gear I need - good eyepro, boots, gloves and a tac vest which will carry 4 mags.

The weapon is going to be the most expensive investment so I don't think there's any harm in considering all options. It's the same way I'd consider any other purchase.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a good idea to get something middle ground that does OK at every application rather than hyper specialising.

Trust me, 10 years ago I was running around CQB with a full length M16 Veitnam.
__________________
Custom Builds:
FA3674U
Krinkov
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2017, 04:12   #23
crownking
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okawesome View Post
From my standpoint it's more of an advantage for indoor cqb. As I understand, the shorter badger should still function well enough at longer ranges outside but the reduced gun length helps manoeuvre in tight spaces.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If your standpoint is advantage for indoor CQB,but also can cover the mid-range, why not a KAC PDW AEG?
crownking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 22:14   #24
Okawesome
 
Okawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Toronto, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownking View Post
If your standpoint is advantage for indoor CQB,but also can cover the mid-range, why not a KAC PDW AEG?


Thanks for the additional info. I think the short Amoeba badger fills the same niche. An additional consideration is a quick change spring. Being a total novice here I'd like to avoid opening a gearbox to get at a spring to downgrade the fps. I know the Ares weapons have one of those which is handy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2017, 10:11   #25
Okawesome
 
Okawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Toronto, ON
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I've picked up an ARES G36C through the classifieds here along with a TM Hicapa 5.1. The G36C's folding stock is just what I'm looking for in terms of flexibility and I've always had a soft spot for this weapon too. Thanks again for everyone's feedback.
Okawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://www.infinityarms.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 19:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.