Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KWA KRISS Super V

:

Airsoft Media

Old February 18th, 2013, 19:33   #31
mmmken

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatt13 View Post
Hey Kev, got my Kriss. I was a little disappointed the barrel doesn't seem to be 14mm, rather a 16mm cw or am I on glue. Now I need to find a x-over to throw a silencer on it see if it quiets it down. It is really loud compared to the mp9
The MP9 is pretty loud already, and you're saying this is even louder?
Old February 18th, 2013, 20:56   #32
T-Hell

Nice Gun....

But looks like a Tactical Air driven staple gun.....

Rhino Living

http://www.nordicbattlegroup.ca
T-Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 16:23   #33
swatt13
Captain Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmken View Post
The MP9 is pretty loud already, and you're saying this is even louder?
I defiantly would have to say so. Has a pretty distinctive report a lot more notable than the mp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 00:36   #34
Junky
formerly al3x_newton

The build KWA did on these looks very impressive! Some pretty cool R&D to mimic the real steel version too. But man do they look bulky?! I mean compared to an mp7 or mp9, the thing just looks kinda clumsy to operate. Any comment on how they handle?

This is coming from an mp7 user, so I might be just a little bias :P
Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 01:08   #35
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
well ofcourse its bigger than an MP7, its .45 cal, where MP7 shoots little itty bitty bullets

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:44   #36
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
Errrr... the .45 doesn't have anything to do with it actually, it's the Super-V system that needs a huge housing

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 15:29   #37
p.phresh

I currently own the Kriss, MP7 and MP9... and based off a handful of games using all of them, my personal preference goes towards the MP7.

It's the most accurate and the most balanced gun to use.

The Kriss is nice, but it's very large and front heavy. Plus switching mags is cumbersome because you have to release the mag with the same hand making mag swaps pretty slow. The inner barrel of the Kriss is a lot shorter than the MP7 as well, so range and accuracy is lower as well.

When I use my MP7 it just feels more balanced lending well to point-a-bility.

The Kriss does have a few things over the MP7 though. The two round burst is awesome! And the mags hold 50 rounds as opposed to MP7's 40 round mags.
p.phresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 15:42   #38
theshaneler

i personally find that the KRISS fits my hands better than an MP7 maybe its because i have big hands though. the mp7 and mp9 I personally see as more of a pistol and the KRISS as an smg. i dunno, maybe it has to do with the mag placement, but i feel far more comfortable holding the KRISS than an MP7 or MP9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 14:33   #39
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

Just got mine today... does anybody else feel the return spring for the charging handle is a bit weak?

Team Mandrills
MrBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 16:51   #40
swatt13
Captain Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junky View Post
The build KWA did on these looks very impressive! Some pretty cool R&D to mimic the real steel version too. But man do they look bulky?! I mean compared to an mp7 or mp9, the thing just looks kinda clumsy to operate. Any comment on how they handle?

This is coming from an mp7 user, so I might be just a little bias :P
I haven't gamed with it too much yet and I am an ar platform guy for many years, so I will say this;

The furniture placement is more akward than I would have thought. I find myself always activating the bolt catch/ release I lieu of the mag release due to the muscle memory of the ar.

The mag release as previously mentioned is right where your thumb is on your support hand, but as mentioned that makes it so you have to release, eject, stow then retrieve, insert, charge. It would be nice to have it activated by your primary so you could be reaching for a fresh mag at he same time.

The fire selector I find akward to actuate. This could just be my physiology or my lack of training/ experience with the weapon but I find to activate the selector I need to move my hand in such a way that I no longer have solid grip on the grip as well as my finger is not close to the trigger for immediate response.

It is fairly hefty and heavy but that is more a good thing considering te context this gun suppose to be used in. It's not a field gun where ounces matter, its a cqb gun so its weight makes it wieldable and deliberate.

The mags are long and have quite a bit of weight to them. I'm not sure if I'd want shorter 25 end mags just for profile, weight and load out ammount, but I do find it dissapointing it doesn't use glock mags. I see why from a business stand point so no real complaints there, just worth noting.

As for the function it's awesome. I like the ergonomics of the platform. The function of the cyclic system I enjoy the gun and am glad I got it and would definatly reccomend it, however there are other platforms that may be better suites for some such as the mp9 or mp7 dependingnonbyour play style, personal preference and actual deployment/ necceccity of the gun. I can't realistically see someone strapping a vector to their thigh as in the case of a 7 or 9, but that being said for a deliberate primary sub, its weight, feel and features make it shine out for cqb.

Quote:
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.

Last edited by swatt13; March 11th, 2013 at 16:56..
Old March 11th, 2013, 17:16   #41
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
Well to be fair the MP7 has the basic shape of a pistol so you can use it as a secondary with a holster. I did and never had any issue (PANTAC MP7 holster).

What I really don't like too is the placement of fire selector. I have average-sized hands but I kept having issues manipulating it when I tried one.

I can't understand the interest in separating safety and firing selector as it worked perfectly on many guns... like the UMP which has the same modes and same caliber (ok, it also got 9x19 and .40).

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 21:36   #42
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

And then Frank got a nightfighting super pistol

ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:37   #43
swatt13
Captain Awesome

BAM!

edit;

also i should post some pics up.... i posed just for you kevin.... ok and you too frenchy....

video

Quote:

Last edited by swatt13; April 4th, 2013 at 18:07..
Old April 4th, 2013, 18:41   #44
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

nice lol

I'm pulling the bolt apart for complete regreasing
And holy shit I love EVERYTHING they did in here.
Air nozzle has a cup on that back end for positive sealing (as opposed to static O-ring which is passive seal)
The air nozzle guides are heavy duty, zero chance of breaking those. You'd have a better chance of snapping the heavily reinforced nozzle in half before you hurt those guides.
Heavily reinforced air nozzle, no chance of it breaking on the guides, lots of meat on there.
Bolt carrier is mostly hollow plastic, except for the bolt guides which are thick steel. Maybe a bit bigger and more solid than they need to be, you could save some weight here by drilling a few holes.
And it comes stock with a V notch hop rubber. Sweet.

This is the reinforced air nozzle groove, with the top hat shaped guide sitting on the vice. It slides into the boss on the side of the bolt and gets pinned in

air nozzle cup

Area that looks like could be machined to reduce weight
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 19:39   #45
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

Talking

Here's mine, haven't found much pictures of that optics set-up so here it goes...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MyKRISS01.jpg (425.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg MyKRISS02.jpg (474.8 KB, 15 views)

Team Mandrills
MrBond is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media