Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ACU

:

USA

Old June 17th, 2008, 09:57   #286
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-G View Post
That UCP sample you posted looks nothing like the real thing. Take your bullshit elsewhere.
First of all, it's not called Universal Camouflage. It's called ARPAT, if you're going to criticize me, at least get it fucking right.

Second of all, through the magic of the beautiful computer technology known as Microsoft Paint, one can magically with pixie dust and unicorn tears take an image, and, prepare to be shocked, reverse the colours. I KNOW! Things they do with computers these days.

Anyway, you use that magical concept and take a normal ARPAT (that's Army Pattern) swatch from the glowing world of the internet and reverse it's colour to get the ARPAT reversed result.

Or, you know, you could save yourself some damn trouble and maybe read a bit before spewing uneducated bullshiat. But that wouldn't be a post worthy of being on ASC, now would it?
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:09   #287
Ducky

Send a message via MSN to Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Ducky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewalker View Post
First of all, it's not called Universal Camouflage. It's called ARPAT, if you're going to criticize me, at least get it fucking right.

Second of all, through the magic of the beautiful computer technology known as Microsoft Paint, one can magically with pixie dust and unicorn tears take an image, and, prepare to be shocked, reverse the colours. I KNOW! Things they do with computers these days.

Anyway, you use that magical concept and take a normal ARPAT (that's Army Pattern) swatch from the glowing world of the internet and reverse it's colour to get the ARPAT reversed result.

Or, you know, you could save yourself some damn trouble and maybe read a bit before spewing uneducated bullshiat. But that wouldn't be a post worthy of being on ASC, now would it?
Actually the US Army officially calls the pattern UCP (Universal Camouflage Pattern), see document:

http://209.85.165.104/u/armyg1?q=cac...gl=us&ie=UTF-8

You will see that title referenced more often than ARPAT, which seems only to be used on Ebay, or on retail sites.

As well your analysis of the selected segments of the camo make no sense at all, despite your pictures. First off the patters have a different number of colours, but more importantly they are randomized patterns and very rarely repeat themselves. Since both were developed partially by Hyperstealth they will share similar randomized patterns; but you cant just take two pictures of anypoint on an ACU uniform and Cadpat uniform and pull off the similarities you did above. This alone makes me think its all rhetoric and not based on any credible source.

Don't get me wrong they have a common source, both were developed with assistance from hyperstealth, and that will show in ALL of their patterns; but past that there are very few similarities.

Also the development of ACU included trials of several other camo, eitherway your pictures are definitely Bias and I am gonna agree it's a pretty sketchy argument you got there at best.

Last edited by Ducky; June 17th, 2008 at 12:26..
Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:12   #288
Sterling

Send a message via MSN to Sterling
It was actually an ACU ball cap under my helmet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Divide by zero and hope for the best
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:46   #289
techobo

Well there is definitely no denying that the two samples given have striking similarities. Where did you get both of the samples? Are the both issue? Even though CADPAT has more colours, it looks like the ACU just averaged them out. It might make sense if both samples came from a repo company.

Last edited by techobo; June 25th, 2008 at 09:49.. Reason: Spelling CADPAT wrong... d'oh.
techobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 15:10   #290
ww2warrior

Send a message via MSN to ww2warrior
Operation Hunt back the snipers

Team Alpha Unit left to right: LeGros, SnakeDoctor,Warrior, Frank_john
Ace Team: Rifleman, Fontaine
HFC G17
ww2warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 18:33   #291
LeGROS

Une gang de beau bonhomme!!

Old June 20th, 2008, 19:38   #292
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

scrims weeks ago

ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2008, 21:49   #293
your-pastor

yeah, im using ACU with olive trim(my vest, belt, pads, hat, belaclava, holster, gunsling ect.) my pouches are acu on my vest, and i gotta say

not the greatest for woodland, but with little light its the best

also in urban settings its amazing
but either way it just looks cool

actuly most of my squad uses acu
we have one guy who just wears cargo pants and a tee
but the rest of us are:
ACU-black trim
ACU-olive trim
ACU-no trim(one guy has no gear)
BROWN CARGO PANTS AND A MARPAT HOODIE
thats them
Old June 25th, 2008, 03:08   #294
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by techobo View Post
Well there is definitely no denying that the two samples given have striking similarities. Where did you get both of the samples? Are the both issue? Even though CADPAD has more colours, it looks like the ACU just averaged them out. It might make sense if both samples came from a repo company.
Both samples are DIRECTLY from hyperstealth research.

http://www.hyperstealth.com/CADPAT-MARPAT.htm

Ducky, the entire spiel is there and is supported by documented evidence.

1) The Canadian DND "licensed" the pattern to the USMC for use in the MARPAT camouflage pattern. The colours were changed to suit their needs.

2) ARPAT is a 3 Colour version of the MARPAT TW pattern. Thus is directly related to CADPAT and would almost have to share some common clusters.

3) The Natick Trials did not even give us the ARPAT that we see today. The winning pattern is not even close to what ARPAT is today:

The "winning pattern" (technically it was the worst pattern in the trial, as All-Over Brush Desert "won", but modifications were made and it was accepted as the pattern) is the right-most uniform in the image. It is "Track (Urban Variant)". As you can plainly see, the uniform does not even come close to resembling ARPAT in any manner. This pattern was digitized onto the MARPAT pattern, the colour black was removed, and thus ARPAT was created.

4) The pattern itself is a giant swatch (forgive me, I can't find the exact dimensions but it's huge), it does repeat but it's meant to repeat in a blended manner. So the fact that there would be similarities in the pattern clusters due to their shared origins is to be expected.

I'm not biased, I've simply seen the similarities and they're supposed to be there. It's a fact that ARPAT is derived from CADPAT since it was derived from MARPAT. The whole reason they used the pattern is because it works so well.

And don't get me wrong, I am not trying to knock ARPAT, it's my favourite camouflage. I just think it's odd that people will argue that CADPAT is better than ARPAT or MARPAT is better, or whatever, when they're all the same "pattern" with different colour schemes. The fact that we all share the same pattern is kind of neat in my mind. In the end, they're all here thanks to Dual-Tex and Lt. Col O'Niel's camouflage breakthroughs in the 70's and 80's

Furthermore, NSN listings use the term ARPAT, unless that's been changed as well, in which I'll concede that the Army has completely switched to using the term UCP (which just started off as a generic term) and appologize for using an outdated term.
Old June 26th, 2008, 13:59   #295
H-G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewalker View Post
Right back at ya buddy.

I misunderstood exactly what it was I was looking at there, that's on me, attitude there was probably uncalled for too. No hard feelings I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Airsofter
However no offence to the soviet team, but Spetsnaz are something to be feared. What I faced off against seemed like a parody of Russian mobsters.

FREE ATREYU
H-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2008, 15:51   #296
Firewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-G View Post
Right back at ya buddy.

I misunderstood exactly what it was I was looking at there, that's on me, attitude there was probably uncalled for too. No hard feelings I hope.
None at all, I reciprocate what's given to me.
Old June 26th, 2008, 16:54   #297
SurplusIG

Send a message via MSN to SurplusIG
Hey guys,

I have 1 set of issued ACUs and an extra pair of pants also issued in size XLR and IR tabs that is used but in excellent condition. I am selling the whole kit (top, and 2 bottoms) for 135$ if anybody is interested please contact me

I always have propper's ACU in NIR in stock but if anybody wants the real issued in very good condition send me a PM

Thanks for everyones attention,
SurplusIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 14:35   #298
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

So nobody here owns an army combat shirt?
Not even a fake one??
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 20:12   #299
swatt13
Captain Awesome

where can you get ahold of the cbl in acu (real acu)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 20:51   #300
Firewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatt13 View Post
where can you get ahold of the cbl in acu (real acu)
CBL? If that's the combat shirt, then... Well... Nowhere yet. Ebay has a preorder but that's pricey and risky.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA