Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Beta Project Tactical AK review?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 5th, 2012, 21:45   #1
Skladfin

Beta Project Tactical AK review?

DELE

Last edited by Skladfin; July 4th, 2023 at 21:18..
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2012, 22:00   #2
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

What do you want to know exactly?

In the meantime, here's a decent thread:
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forum...ctical-ak-aeg/
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2012, 00:11   #3
Skladfin

Thanks for the info stealth!

I was particularly on the lookout for a indepth review that digs into the internals. However, now that I know this is a CYMA version from that thread, it looks like I won't be pursuing this purchase anymore...
Old March 6th, 2012, 00:56   #4
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
TBH you are better off building one your self
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2012, 09:03   #5
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post

I was particularly on the lookout for a indepth review that digs into the internals. However, now that I know this is a CYMA version from that thread, it looks like I won't be pursuing this purchase anymore...
I'm in the process of getting quotes for this gun and may be looking to get one. If I do, I'll try to give a more in-depth look into the mechbox than we've seen so far (which is basically nothing but hearsay).

It is a bit ironic that the CYMA name has turned you away from this gun, since everywhere you go on the net CYMA V3 gearboxes seem to be met with reverence and respect. I've seen one reviewer on Arnie's describe CYMA's V3 gearbox as "brilliant".

This is what pushed me to get the CYMA MP5K, which I opened up in the last week. I found the internals to be generally decent. Solid steel 7mm bushings, decent compression, solid feeling shell with reinforcement, CYMA trades stamped on the gearbox, bearing spring guide, etc... The thing looks and feels solid. The motor appears to have extremely strong neodymium magnets and was approximately par with the neos in my G&P M170 devil jet, guarder ITU and JG Blue (the last of which I had handy in case I needed to swap the motor).

Hopefully I can get my hands on this AK at a reasonable price and take some video and pictures of the gearbox so you can check em out.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2012, 09:25   #6
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Quote:

At the prices that Canadian retailers are offering this gun at, you might be better off making one yourself, however the dual ACR charging handles and the relief-cut top cover is something you have to do yourself. How important are these elements and how much is your time worth?

To start, you need a VFC PMC AK and a King Arms Ultimak lower rail. That combo even comes with a rear sling swivel - something that the Beta Project unit lacks (at least the non-Deluxe version)
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2012, 22:00   #7
Skladfin

fryuglyio;hiop'j[
j[

Last edited by Skladfin; July 5th, 2023 at 01:00..
Old March 6th, 2012, 22:20   #8
MaciekA

Quote:
Right, sorry I should've clarified. You're definitely right. In truth I've had 3 CYMA AKs in the past, and they've been great. Cheap, reliable, and accessible. Very worth the $300ish that they go for around here.

However, as per their price, the stock internals weren't very feasible for upgrades, so there was some expenses there(~150$ to replace internals). Then came the "unfixable" issues like hopup-to-gearbox mismatch where the air seal nozzle would friction against the inside of the hop up unit. This affected accuracy in a way that weren't favourable. It wasn't making a grand difference, but at 150 feet it made the difference between a 1 shot hit or miss.

Then there are the really annoying ones like fragile barrel threading haha...

So yeah, in that sense I sort of deemed it to be not worth $750(+upgrades). Though I've been out of the scene for a year, so there could have been a lot of changes in the quality that CYMA outputs, so I'm definitely open minded there.
Thank you for relating the above notes.

I only ran into one serious issue so far with my CYMA V3 gearbox. When I installed the 13:1 SHS gearset to replace the stock gears (looking for more trigger response), I found that they actually had a slightly larger diameter than the stock gears, and were binding against the trigger sear during semi auto fire (about 3 out of 5 shots would bind and require me to force the trigger out again). I sanded it down by perhaps 0.5mm and it fixed the issue. Definitely something to look out for on the CYMA V3 gearbox (in this case, CYMA CM-041K).

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion