Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft "Pet Peeves", time to vent guys!

:

General

Old July 26th, 2012, 17:39   #1261
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
- If someone does shoot you in the face, after your already dead, or carelessly (even at close range); you have no right to lose your temper. Either give a calm reminder to the individual, or report it to the game admins. Maybe they are new, or just plain made a mistake. Even if it's the hundreth time it's happened that day.
being new or making a mistake once is an acceptable excuse the first time. come the end of the day, it's either deliberate or the person does not care for other peoples safety. whats worse is when they run off hindering your ability to identify who they are to report them.

Last edited by coach; July 26th, 2012 at 17:44..
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 18:09   #1262
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
It's a courtesy not to shoot players in the head when they provide other locations for a hit.
This same player that does not wear face protection shrugs off hits to his body and keeps playing.

Last edited by SuperHog; July 26th, 2012 at 18:44..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 18:14   #1263
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

A good point. If someone actually tried to hide their identity, or lie outright instead of apologizing, or owning their careless mistake; I would immediately remove them from the play area, and ban them from future events. I can handle honest idiots, but if your a snake; you have "no" place in this sport.

If someone "purposefully" tried or succeeded to harm you, then you have every right to stop them. Reasonable force, and reasonable acts only, of course. If the "situation" is already over, still take it to the game admins. Then that person can be banned, reported, and even smeared across the airsoft community. If you just go ahead and beat someone up, you'll end up hurting yourself in the community. You'd have to be damn sure of what happened, and hopefully have witnesses. There is no place for that crap. Luckily; it seems to be few and far between.
Old July 26th, 2012, 18:15   #1264
Reignman
Hammburglar

Send a message via MSN to Reignman Send a message via Skype™ to Reignman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
My pet peeve is when a player comes out armored to the tits
Umm...you mean this guy?
Please watch video.

Do you really think all 322 spots will sell out in a single day
Reignman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 18:19   #1265
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

I always get hit in the head. Every fricken shots seem to hit my head. I don't wear face. Aslong as you are not blatantly shooting at my face I don't care. But if you or anyone else including teammates are shooting for the head with what seems like they are just trying for headshots. I will call them on it. Headshots happen. We all get it. But that is no excuse for ever aiming to only hit the head.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 19:05   #1266
dwsage

update on my pet peeve:
the fact that I don't have a light saber for those knife kills. hahahahaha. that guy is awesome!

on a side note, my protection works awesome. My mask and gloves never get hit but the part exposed right next to it always gets hit. moral of the story? MOAR ARMOR!
/sarcasm
Old July 26th, 2012, 21:01   #1267
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
Fawkin light saber man. Yeah! Do it again.

Face shooters should be kicked in the balls. Do you wear a cup? No? So how bout I aim for your nuts constantly? It's your fault for not wearing protection? Yet still a dick move. Hmm..
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 21:10   #1268
GWoolfrey

Pet peeve... people complaining about face shots.
-It going to happen. (This is a contact sport where your being SHOT AT)
-Accept it.
-Wear protection.
-Mercy shots are part of the rules. People won't shoot you in the face at close range. Otherwise, call them on it.

Last edited by GWoolfrey; July 26th, 2012 at 21:28.. Reason: Mercy
GWoolfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 21:45   #1269
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
This same player that does not wear face protection shrugs off hits to his body and keeps playing.
Then it is your duty as a player to confront the player, and involve the game host immediately.

Not doing so is poor sportsmanship on your part as well as you are witness to the game being ruined and did not report it and confront your fellow player.

That is to say, don't call someone out, or call their hits for them. But if there is a point where a player is CLEARLY shrugging hits (friend or foe), call yourself out of play, and confront the player, ask them to join you for a walk to respawn / game control and remedy the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
Umm...you mean this guy?
Please watch video.

Haha, not specifically...

I actually joked with the guy if it was ok to body check him due to the padding. He ok'd it. So he's good in my books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoolfrey View Post
Pet peeve... people complaining about face shots.
-It going to happen. (This is a contact sport where your being SHOT AT)
-Accept it.
-Wear protection.
-Mercy shots are part of the rules. People won't shoot you in the face at close range. Otherwise, call them on it.
In games I host and help host, mercy rules are a courtesy and not mandatory, nor are they required to be accepted (unless you accept it, then you are dead as if shot). For instance, mercy in CQB (TTAC3) does not exist. It is too close and too fast to go through the motions to mercy. Just shoot. Which is how it should be.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.

Last edited by ShelledPants; July 26th, 2012 at 21:51.. Reason: lots of edits.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 21:46   #1270
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
I think people are referring to shooting for the face... Not the accidents.
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 22:33   #1271
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Shooting the face is a natural reaction present in most untrained or inexperienced shooters.

It is not deliberate for most people, it's just reflex.

I find shooting for the thighs works the best.. Generally no gear there.

Corner peekers always get shot in the face... It's the only way some people learn

Pain = wrong
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 22:56   #1272
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

TAKE THAT, YOU STUPID CORNER PEEKER! Bam, head shot!

Actually Brian said something I was going to mention. You do not get to recon for free, or only show your gun and face without return fire.

Even a very well tuned gun is shaky after a certain distance. BBs sometimes just do whatever they want.
Old July 26th, 2012, 23:14   #1273
Danke

Lots of folks out where I am just pop up and down like a gopher. Head shot, or no shot.

For me I get shot in the hands and gun the most followed by my head. That's what I lead with so while I don't enjoy it I am expecting it.
Old July 27th, 2012, 03:26   #1274
msk-sarge

My first time out i was new only ever played paintball and i have to say it should be common sense not to shoot for the head first off cause it its a small target compared to the rest of the body second is it can hurt people and isn't nice to do it intentionally. But i will be the first to admit that if your not gonna call a hit on ur chest or back and i can hear the hit off ur mag or armour then yes i will pop u one in the head. I also agree with Danke on your head is very often what you lead with and is also the last part to get back into cover as well so head shots are almost a given.
At the same time though when u stand up got both hands up no hand on your weapon and are yelling hit and the guy looks at you and puts a burst into your face then ya u got every right to get a lil ticked. Now im not saying go rip his face off but a "hey dumb ass look and think before you f***ing shoot"is more than warranted.

So my point is dont be a prick and shoot for the head/face intentionally but don't be a bitch either
msk-sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2012, 04:49   #1275
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
people who complain about getting wet when they go swimming
The game is about shooting people... The whole body is a target... At times the game is stressful.. And people get twitchy.. Face shots happen, getting shot after you call hit will happen, just a surely as getting wet when you swim.

Whineing about it does nothing but make you a whiner.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General