Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

m187d sniper bolt action

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 17th, 2010, 22:22   #1
need_a_name

m187d sniper bolt action

alrigth well my i told my friend about airsoft and apperently his parents are prepared to buy him a m187d sniper bolt action. he hasn't played a game yet but he told me that his parents said that he would have to try it out first, now i was just wondering is it a good gun. i know that new players shouldn't be snipers but he is in the cadets and got 1st place for riffle shooting in manitoba so i made sure that if he liked it that he would be part of my teams sniper squad. now is it a good reliable gun or not, again i already know that new players shouldn't snipe but i just purely want to know if its a good gun compared to the ultimate bolt actionsniper riffle or lets say a vsr-10.
this is a link to the gun he has in mind http://www.shootsoft.ca/clearsoft/pr...roducts_id=385
need_a_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 22:43   #2
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
shootsoft doesnt have the best record around here anymore, and Id stay clear of clones of clones (this is apparently a clone of echo 1). I find this is an overpriced gun, id say its worth more around 300 or less. Its essentially the same as all clone l96 and bar10s. If your talking a TM vsr, thats much better. Good snipers cost considerably more, possible $1000 or more.

I wouldnt compare sniping in real life at all to airsoft. Your friend is better off trying out with an AEG first - most good AEGs can shoot the same distance or longer.

Best to try out a game first, if you or your friend are not already aware of the MAA check it out at www.mb-airsoft.com and there is XT as well. XT has a 16 age requirement with parental permission. MAA games sometimes allow 16 as well - bringing parents along is always a good way to inch into the community.

Last edited by diamond_SEA; October 17th, 2010 at 22:46..
diamond_SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 23:08   #3
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

nop, it's not good, and trust me, ordering from shootsoft is like giving your money to a total stranger on the street.....lol

I've made the mistake 2years ago... got a sniper rifle, and had to sell it... unlike pellet guns, and RS.... the range of an airsoft gun is low, and bbs are so light that they deviate really easily...

But meh, seems like your mind is set, and IMO you already ordered the gun, so why ask for advice, just wanna make sure you didnt waste your money?

PS: how old are you?
Old October 18th, 2010, 17:30   #4
need_a_name

no its my friend, but he didn't order yet and today i told him to check buyairsoft.com, just wondering on if it was a good gun, just doing a favor for a friend, but i am 14 and iam not being a new gun until i am the age or until the guns i own break down.
need_a_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 17:32   #5
Amos

I wouldn't recommend that gun... To make it shoot nicely you'd have to sink over $500 of additional upgrades, and even then there's no guarantee that it'll function correctly (It's design is ripped off of a main brand and mass produced so it's not built 100% properly)
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 17:51   #6
L473ncy

No. Period.

I don't care if he's a Gold Medal Olympic target shooter. Sniping is WAY WAY WAY different in airsoft than it is with real steel or even a pellet gun. Trust me on this, I actually had the chance to play with a VSR two weeks ago. I did like 5 rounds "down range" probably 40 feet away at a waterbottle (I had to use .20's though but if I had the chance I would have used .28's or heavier just no one had any that day). Hardest fucking thing ever, and that was a mildly upgraded one (basically as I understand it just a tightbore and spring upgrade)

If he's serious about it then it might be a better idea to get a nice DMR base platform, play with it stock for a while then lock it to semi with delay via MOSFET when the time is right. That way you aren't left with something you've sunk $800+ into and have to sell.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion