Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canadian Forces Boots

:

Gear Discussion

Old April 24th, 2016, 17:26   #61
ravan318

most random question ever, but how long has the mk IIIs been in the service? (since OD combats?)

also, how do you guys, especially vets and anyone who's been in the forces, find the mk IIIs overall? your opinion? goods and bads? i hear a lot of mixed opinions so far. i'm building a CF impression so naturally the mk IIIs will be my go-to. however with the mixed opinions, combined with my flat-feet that requires orthotics, i'm not sure if i should pursue the mk IIIs, or if i do, what maintenance opinions should i pay attention to. and is it possible to find the mk IIIs with vibraium that you guys mentioned?

or should i get the cf military issued gortex? and i've seen online there are mark IVs too?

thanks!

Last edited by ravan318; April 24th, 2016 at 17:43..
ravan318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 18:18   #62
marac

If you're going for a current member impression, get the boots you find to be comfortable to you. You'd still do a CF impression with non-CF boots, as majority of the guys avoid issued boots anyway, especially in the field. CF issued goretex boots are heavy and not the best thing to wear in the summer.
marac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 19:56   #63
Splinter

I did 6 1/2 years in. Only time you really wore issed boots were parade and course. With the unit guys usually tend to wear what they like. I personally liked the magnums with side zipper in the field. Though they wore out prematurely they were ideal for quick boot change on a march or dryout after mucking around in a swap. Mint for QRF on larger ex also. The gortex are great to keep water out but they are also very warm and somewhat heavy. In sub temp the soles freeze like a hockey puck so any time you have a little ice present you feel like bambi lol.

Nothing bad to say about any set of issued combats all served their purpose and worked great, just what you prefer ultimately.

I have two loadouts CSOR I wear trail running shoes and current CF cadpat since I have wore though all my magnums and haven't snagged up a new pair I wear just the general use combat with that loadout
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 20:45   #64
QKLee11

Quote:
Originally Posted by marac View Post
If you're going for a current member impression, get the boots you find to be comfortable to you. You'd still do a CF impression with non-CF boots, as majority of the guys avoid issued boots anyway, especially in the field. CF issued goretex boots are heavy and not the best thing to wear in the summer.
I did 8 year in the Primary Reserves, the boot were shit, once when I reached the M/CPL (no one gave me chicken shit about it) I would wear Jungle Boot because they would dry out faster....

When I got into MILSIM Airsoft 9 years ago I wore the Canadian Armed Forces Goretex Boots because I hated when my feet were wet, still got them, yes they were heavy but I got use to them. Last year I changed over to Danners Goretex Boot, lighter and better...comes down to what you like and can afford...I know alot of guys on my Team wear Rocky's...but alot of them hate it when it is "wet" or "raining"...those boots don't dry out fast enough, besides the sole of the boot were made for the sandy and dry conditions.
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 21:18   #65
Ace of Spades©

Technically speaking the Mk3 have not been issued for over a decade. They are still worn, I own a few pairs and like them.

All the kit shops around Gagetown sell a variety of different non-issued boots. Everything from Swats, Magnums, Rockies etc. People still wear the Mk3 or Mk4 boots (in both black and brown).

A lot of people have switched to the latest issued boot, the 6 inch tall nu-buck tan, but I won't even factor that in since you will not be finding them on the surplus market any time soon as they are limited and next to impossible to get outside of an Army base. They are a massive step forward however and have become my new go to boot after my Magnums wore out.

Quote:
My gun is like a Land Rover, when it works, its great. Problem is, its a Land Rover, so it never works...
Ace of Spades© is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 22:54   #66
BrendanL

we just got issued some new junk tan boots and I am still rocking my Swat's...majority of guys are wearing rocky's or swats in my unit

Last edited by BrendanL; April 24th, 2016 at 23:05..
BrendanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2016, 17:00   #67
danhay

Hey Q - Tell the guys to get some Sealskin socks to wear inside of the Rocky S2Vs. When the weather sucks that's what I use (best $50 I've spent in a little while). This keeps the feet nice and dry so it really doesn't matter how long it takes for the boots to dry out. I wear a Thorlo backpacking sock over the Sealskin to provide cushion and warmth.

I like the socks better than goretex lined boots because one can wash the socks when the membrane gets saturated with perspiration. With the boots, when the lining gets compromised the boots are impossible to restore to the water proof breathable state.
danhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 15:34   #68
pugs144

The new LOTB boots did ok during the test phase, but QC went to shit once they started mass producing them to the point where the word is the contract was neckshot and so we're back to square one. Got my Matterhorn 1949s, Danner Desert Acadias, and j-boots though so I'm good.
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion