Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner > AEG Solutions
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

P90 J-shape Battery mod tool up for borrowing!

:

AEG Solutions

Old August 30th, 2005, 13:13   #1
Greykin

P90 J-shape Battery mod tool up for borrowing!

Well, I just got this new battery for my P90 to power my new spring better (150%), and to give me a better ROF. 9.6v 1700mah. Well, I followed the guide on arnie's site (http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/artic...0_battery.htm), I did the proper cuttings and all. I just don't know how to get the fuse holder to fit in, I can't get it into anywhere without compromising room for the battery.

On another note, my charger has an output of 200mah, and I used arnie's calculator on how long I should charge my 1700mah battery for, it said 8.5hours, simple math really. I charged it up for that long, but it didn't get warm or anything at all. I read somewhere else, that you should keep charging your battery until it gets warm. When I used to have my 600mah mini's, I charged them up for 3hours, they always got warm. Is there anything wrong here?

EDIT: Read my post below
Old August 30th, 2005, 14:54   #2
midgetspy
Convicted Hacker

Send a message via ICQ to midgetspy
I don't think it's possible to fit the fuse and fuse holder with the J battery in there - I don't have one and it's very tight as it is.

Nic
Old August 30th, 2005, 16:26   #3
MMMiles!
Part man, part machine

Fuses are for little girls. And even then that's not a good rule: the girl in your avatar? No fuse.

re: your charger. Output is output, if it's genuinely working at 200mah, you're charging it properly. Ideally they shouldn't get warm at all if you slow charge.
MMMiles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2005, 18:05   #4
Greykin

Ah, alright, how might I go about just taking out the whole fuse and turning it into normal wires?
Old August 30th, 2005, 18:07   #5
Ace12GA
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to Ace12GA
Time to invest in a digital peak charger, you will not regret it.
Old August 30th, 2005, 18:57   #6
Greykin

Ok, I found out how to remove the fuse
"Since new battery has bigger current draw. The fuse must be removed. Cut the cable and remove the fuse. Reconnect the cable by soldering."
there wasn't any pictures to show me exactly what it should look like, does anyone have a picture of their job?
Old August 30th, 2005, 19:07   #7
MMMiles!
Part man, part machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greykin
Ok, I found out how to remove the fuse
"Since new battery has bigger current draw. The fuse must be removed. Cut the cable and remove the fuse. Reconnect the cable by soldering."
there wasn't any pictures to show me exactly what it should look like, does anyone have a picture of their job?
quick and dirty, you can remove the fuse and fuseholder, stick the 2 loose ends together, and tape them up.
For long term I'd recommend solder.
Just strip a few mm off each end of the wire, solder. Add some shrink wrap beforehand if you want a nice clean job, otherwise electrical tape is adeqaute.
MMMiles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2005, 19:11   #8
Tankdude

(picture is missing)

Last edited by Tankdude; November 14th, 2006 at 17:34..
Tankdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2005, 20:23   #9
Greykin

Ok, I did just what you said Hojo, and it works great. I then tapped the wires to the sides of the mechbox and only let the part where the battery connects show. So the battery goes all the way in now. I do have one problem though, I can't close the cover all the way. I've shaved off all the extra crap on the P90 backboard. I just can't seem to get the cover all the way up, and it takes some effort too, I really have to push on the cover to move it up to where it is. I don't really feel safe with that much tension on the backboard, I don't think it will hold out in the long run.

.......and no, those are not mouse feces on the ground, P90 backboard shavings =P.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010010.JPG (116.1 KB, 65 views)
Old August 30th, 2005, 21:16   #10
Guardian

I had the exact same problem until I cut the ridge away on the inside of the battery compartment which will buy you another 2-3 mm. Closes nice and easy once removed...

You can see the ridge looking into the end of the battery compartment but the trick is getting a tool to fit down there. I bent an xacto blade to an almost 90 degree angle and attached it to a long handle. Took about 10 passes to score the base of the plastic ridge enough for a pair of needlenose pliers to snap it off. Once this ridge is removed, you don't need to apply any force to fit the battery in.
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2005, 21:25   #11
Greykin

You mean like this? lol. First I just shaved off the 2 lumps, then I got frustrated because it wouldn't fit, so then I shaved all the ridges off, and it still doesn't =(.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010012.JPG (78.3 KB, 37 views)
Old August 30th, 2005, 21:28   #12
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
He's referring to the flange inside the guns battery cavity on the vertical wall above the mechbox.

Easiest way to get the flange out of the way is to take a broad flat screwdriver (1/4" wide is enough). Grind a 0.1" wide notch into it that's about 0.125" deep. The notch can saddle over the flange. Bust the flange off by twisting the screwdriver and chew along the entire length of the flange.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2005, 21:32   #13
Greykin

Oooh, well, I'll try that before I go to sleep tonight and post another reply in the morning with a picture, of...... hopefully success =D. Thanks for the help!

FACK! This is so annoyingly hard, it feels like it'll take me forever.
Old August 31st, 2005, 04:47   #14
Gryph

Send a message via MSN to Gryph
Has anyone been aware that there are 9.6v 1100mAh NiMH L-shaped batteries for the P90 that fit with no modifications?

http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/show...temID=10193.26

TM P90, TM G36C, TM P226
Gryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 12:35   #15
Greykin

Gryph - it still looks like you'd have to cut the two lumps off the P90 backboard to fit that though.

---

Ah dammit, I feel like it is going to take forever, I can't really make a notch in there with my screw driver because it's so dull, all I can really do is slowly shave away at it.
I was thinking maybe I should just stick on the large square head on my screw driver, heat it up, and melt down the ridge, do you think it's a good idea?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner > AEG Solutions