:

Airsoft Media

Old October 29th, 2008, 03:50   #76
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJackhammer View Post
that silencer totally defeats the purpose of getting a CQB-R
Takes about 10 seconds to change back to the CQB tightbore, it's a PTW mate...
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 05:27   #77
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Acer View Post
King Arms 335mm Silencer, got mine at redwolf, $35USD+ship
Mines still longer.

500mm Silencer by laylax

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 05:27   #78
Cushak

Send a message via MSN to Cushak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
Takes about 10 seconds to change back to the CQB tightbore, it's a PTW mate...
Well, I'm assuming joeyjackhammer is under the impression that if one is going to put a longer barrel in, he's probably planning on gaming with it.

And I'm 90% positive he has a PTW, so he'd know that. He's also been gaming for longer than you, and I. Regardless, it takes only a miniscule amount of time to change a regular inner barrel on any armalite, wether it's a lowly TM or a mighty PTW, "m8".....
Cushak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 05:37   #79
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cushak View Post
Well, I'm assuming joeyjackhammer is under the impression that if one is going to put a longer barrel in, he's probably planning on gaming with it.

And I'm 90% positive he has a PTW, so he'd know that. He's also been gaming for longer than you, and I. Regardless, it takes only a miniscule amount of time to change a regular inner barrel on any armalite, wether it's a lowly TM or a mighty PTW, "m8".....
Thanks for the useless post.

Acer you should grab a flip up, the KA VLTOR one is pretty nice and cheap!
Old October 29th, 2008, 05:44   #80
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:

Acer you should grab a flip up, the KA VLTOR one is pretty nice and cheap!
I believe Ronan is refering to zee VLTOR sight tower

Available locally from airsoftparts (unfortunetly they are out of stock right now)

Shes a sturdy quality made sight from my experience, although a friend of mine has one as well and his litteraly disintegrated part by part untill there wasnt really anything left.

Last edited by TokyoSeven; October 29th, 2008 at 06:00..
Old October 29th, 2008, 06:00   #81
Ronan

Thats the one T7! It's very nicely built and a LOT cheaper than the RS! It's also much better than the china made one. Worth every pennies.
Old October 29th, 2008, 06:07   #82
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Thats the one T7! It's very nicely built and a LOT cheaper than the RS! It's also much better than the china made one. Worth every pennies.
The asian clone makes my eyes bleed, and its only about 10 dollars less.

Im actually trading in my VLTOR tower in my new build, for what I cannot reveal just yet.

Personally though, Id probly go for a new front end myself if I had his gun. Im not a huge fan of the current one, but everyone likes different things.

Old October 29th, 2008, 23:33   #83
The Acer

Send a message via MSN to The Acer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cushak View Post

I plan on using the longer barrel one for when i do outdoors, and use CQB barrel without silencer for CQB game, for when i play at PBP or at melville

Yes he has a PTW, as he posted a picture of his saying that he owns one 3 pages ago on this thread

Yes you can do a barrel swap on most armalites, but only PTW's can do it quickly by simply opening the gun, taking the cylinder/carry handle out, and changing the tightbore/hop up with a different length one. Its a matter of 20 seconds to go from Outdoors 425fps, to CQB 330fps. also not to mention while its open, with an allen key you can change it to a DMR semi only gun too, with less than 20 seconds,
The Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2008, 23:42   #84
Cassius

Quote:
Yes you can do a barrel swap on most armalites, but only PTW's can do it quickly by simply opening the gun, taking the cylinder/carry handle out, and changing the tightbore/hop up with a different length one. Its a matter of 20 seconds to go from Outdoors 425fps, to CQB 330fps. also not to mention while its open, with an allen key you can change it to a DMR semi only gun too, with less than 20 seconds,
Sorry to barge in but if I may correct you; I have an ICS and I can do that as easily.

Please carry on. Just wanted to point out that this is not a PTW only feature. This is not me bashing on PTW owners as well, just making a correction.
Old October 29th, 2008, 23:46   #85
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
Sorry to barge in but if I may correct you; I have an ICS and I can do that as easily.

Please carry on. Just wanted to point out that this is not a PTW only feature. This is not me bashing on PTW owners as well, just making a correction.
Yeah ICS's are nice, but a lot of problems with them also with air leak. Great AEG's though, heck i recommend them for people who can't afford or don't want to spend the money on a PTW. Like Testi say's, their cheap man ptw.

Edit: How come we don't see many on the fields or for sale?

Last edited by Ronan; October 29th, 2008 at 23:50..
Old October 29th, 2008, 23:57   #86
Cassius

I was just pointing to the fact that you can do a barrel swap as easily as with a ptw. Besides, I've got no air leak problem with mine. I don't know if you see them or not on the field but to me they're an amazing brand and I choose ICS over TM or CA anytime. This isn't a contest to see if a ptw is better than something else or not, this is simply me pointing out that the ptw is not the only aeg able to do a quick barrel swap.
Old October 29th, 2008, 23:58   #87
Ronan

Quote:
I was just pointing to the fact that you can do a barrel swap as easily as with a ptw. Besides, I've got no air leak problem with mine. I don't know if you see them or not on the field but to me they're an amazing brand and I choose ICS over TM or CA anytime. This isn't a contest to see if a ptw is better than something else or not, this is simply me pointing out that the ptw is not the only aeg able to do a quick barrel swap.
It's always a contest with The Acer

No but seriously, ICS are nice and deff a choice for people that don't want a PTW. Thats why people call ICS cheap man PTW's.
Old October 30th, 2008, 00:05   #88
mcguyver

Quote:
also not to mention while its open, with an allen key you can change it to a DMR semi only gun too, with less than 20 seconds,
Be careful with that. I know that you're trying to fix the selector in position, but doing so will swell the lever indents and render you unable to remove it without destryoing it. And you'll need to remove it if you need to access the gearbox for any reason.

And Cassius, I've had no less than 10 ICS guns (mostly AR-variants), and by the time I was done with the last one, I had $1600+++ dollars into it, 2 spare uppers and enough spare parts to replace every component except the lower receiver and stock. I could not get the gun to run reliably above 400 fps, and these days 400 fps is where you start out here, not where you aspire to go.

That being said, if the PTW hasn't just been a bull of a workhorse for me, it would have been gone long ago. If the PTW never came along, I would still have the ICS, no question about it. It was alot more reliable than my G&P, but you got to love the G&P furniture and robustness.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 00:27   #89
Cassius

mcguyver,

as I mentioned in an other thread, all guns fail and all guns can last a lifetime. Over here 400fps is the max you can have on a field unless you plan on sniping, so I don't see the point in going over that. I've had a TM fail me and that ICS never failed me. To other people, their TM never failed them while an ICS failed them. It's the same with ptw, some die while some others never die. I see the purpose of sharing your experience with ICS but my point was simply to point out that it can do barrel swapping as easily as a ptw. I mentionned it as politely as possible since I feared this would turn into a ptw vs the world showdown. Once again, I was simply correcting the barrel swapping point The Acer brought up.
Old October 30th, 2008, 00:34   #90
mcguyver

Quote:
mcguyver,

as I mentioned in an other thread, all guns fail and all guns can last a lifetime. Over here 400fps is the max you can have on a field unless you plan on sniping, so I don't see the point in going over that. I've had a TM fail me and that ICS never failed me. To other people, their TM never failed them while an ICS failed them. It's the same with ptw, some die while some others never die. I see the purpose of sharing your experience with ICS but my point was simply to point out that it can do barrel swapping as easily as a ptw. I mentionned it as politely as possible since I feared this would turn into a ptw vs the world showdown. Once again, I was simply correcting the barrel swapping point The Acer brought up.

I know, I had an extra barrel and hop-up for my ICS. Like I said, if the PTW didn't come along, I'd still be there. You would have been shocked to see all the ICS stuff I had for that gun.

But the one thing a PTW can do that I have yet to see an ICS do is run in semi-auto for it's whole life, at 5-6 rnds/sec, and not have to replace the switch or motor. Just throwing that gem out there.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media