Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft "Pet Peeves", time to vent guys!

:

General

Old July 14th, 2012, 12:12   #1231
leblanc74

Send a message via MSN to leblanc74
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob101 View Post
People asking retail for there guns and gear, its used if it has one mag go threw it. If i can buy a m203 for $200 or $200 new id go new :Z
or they are asking more than the retail price...
leblanc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2012, 17:14   #1232
Rob101

They ask retail for guns that are used granade launchers mags ex....
Toronto airsoft is selling granade launchers for 185 or so but back to topic. If someone is selling a gun $10 cheaper than retail stock few mags threw it i would rather pay retail price thatn get the used one and have it act up my first game like my glock after paying 275 i should have just bought new :/
Rob101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2012, 17:37   #1233
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by leblanc74 View Post
or they are asking more than the retail price...
Or near to retail asking price, and the gun has a significant, serious problem either in function or in cosmetics.. email about it, and the seller claims parts to fix are out there.. you check - and they are at significant total cost over what the total gun is worth, retail, once the parts are purchased, shipped and repaired. ..the big provisal is, you gotta find the parts first!... either perpetually out of stock, or of questionable origin/quality/compatibility.

Ran through a real spate of classified contacts like those recently here.. I gave up and just bought new, instead. Any gun with a major, significant issue, should be accordingly priced as a parts gun, or repaired before-hand to restore function, and thus restoring it's value.

Last edited by HackD; July 14th, 2012 at 17:51..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:30   #1234
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
Guys who sell broken aegs. Insist it's an easy fix. Demand a lot of cash. But refuse to fix It first?
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 12:14   #1235
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

If your bumping it month after month.... lower your price.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 12:22   #1236
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Then there is the lowballers, who offer half the price your asking (when your asking half the price you paid for the rifle). And ask you for free shipping...

Or the guy who want you to hold the rifle for a week or two (until he has funds), then flake telling you his car need repair or other reasons, the day he is supposed to send you the funds...

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 15:12   #1237
PrIeSt
takagari

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHaKaL View Post
Then there is the lowballers, who offer half the price your asking (when your asking half the price you paid for the rifle). And ask you for free shipping...

Or the guy who want you to hold the rifle for a week or two (until he has funds), then flake telling you his car need repair or other reasons, the day he is supposed to send you the funds...
Your selling a used rifle. So someone asking half the price in today's market is fair.
It bugs me when some one sells a used rifle at the current cost because they paid more. Used gear is usually half the price.
Guns have now fallen into that same market.
Old July 15th, 2012, 20:40   #1238
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Quote:
Originally Posted by takagari View Post
Your selling a used rifle. So someone asking half the price in today's market is fair.
It bugs me when some one sells a used rifle at the current cost because they paid more. Used gear is usually half the price.
Guns have now fallen into that same market.
You misunderstood... The guy was offering a 4th of the price and i had to pay for shipping....

600$ new for 300$ (used in ''one game'') + shipping and being offered 150$ with shipping.
That's the 2nd or third time this is happening...

The new generation want everything and don't want to pay for it. They don't even know how to write a proper pm. No salutations (I'm not a hey or a dude...), No signing their real names etc.

I write my real name in every pm i write and almost never have a Reply with ''Hi ''my name,''

You even have to ask them their names and addresses after they paid...

Wasn't like that 2 years ago...

And please go see my trader rating before telling peoples that items i sell are over priced. I think i know how it work...

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH

Last edited by SHaKaL; July 15th, 2012 at 21:49..
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:24   #1239
PrIeSt
takagari

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to alot of items being sold recently. Your comment just reminded me of it.

Although low balling can be annoying. Sometimes it works. No one buys anything anymore without fighting for a deal
Old July 16th, 2012, 13:15   #1240
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

I'm on the same page as takagari, used guns for sale at more than they are available new, comments like 'local deals only" and no location information, the classifieds are pretty much a waste of time. FFS check what your gun sells for new and set your price, the amount that you paid is irrelevant.
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 13:26   #1241
Danke

Been using the gas gun all year.

For a change charged up a battery, and brought out the SAW yesterday. Plug in the battery and nothing at all. start checking it and there's a broken wire.

Pulled out the gas gun and gamed it all day.
Old July 16th, 2012, 13:50   #1242
slink182

I think that selling a used gun at par of a new gun is acceptable IFF there had been enough work put into the gun to be worth the cost.

E.g., a random rifle, new, for $300 -versus- another random rifle, used, with internal upgrades (hop-up unit, tightbore, upgraded gearbox, reinforced internals, etc.) and maybe external non-standard furniture, for $350-400. If for a bit more money you receive a lot more gun, then the pricing is acceptable, imo.

I'd consider putting up some of my airsoft peeves, but I've already voiced a number of them in other threads... often when I'm grumpy and think that the recipient deserves the head-slap.
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 13:31   #1243
Danke

The only thing in the classifieds that gets me is when some puts a "rare collection" up and it's really just a couple pieces of clone junk that's not commonly seen because they always break.
Old July 17th, 2012, 14:19   #1244
PrIeSt
takagari

Quote:
Originally Posted by slink182 View Post
I think that selling a used gun at par of a new gun is acceptable IFF there had been enough work put into the gun to be worth the cost.

E.g., a random rifle, new, for $300 -versus- another random rifle, used, with internal upgrades (hop-up unit, tightbore, upgraded gearbox, reinforced internals, etc.) and maybe external non-standard furniture, for $350-400. If for a bit more money you receive a lot more gun, then the pricing is acceptable, imo.

I'd consider putting up some of my airsoft peeves, but I've already voiced a number of them in other threads... often when I'm grumpy and think that the recipient deserves the head-slap.
I see where your coming from. But sadly that's not how it works. A used 200- civic is a used civic. One with engine upgrades. Body kit. Etc. seldom sells for anything more than stock price.
People do t see the value.

Each person is entitled so sell for what they want. But after so long. Either drop price or give up. Don't bump a thread for 2 months.
Old July 18th, 2012, 07:14   #1245
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHaKaL View Post
That's why you get a deposit. Even $50 or $100.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General