:

ASC News and Announcements

Closed Thread

Old September 18th, 2009, 17:30   #91
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoodan View Post
I don't think people want to suck up to Greg, but I think the 20 or so who have a current order and were probably gonna get it don't wan't to become the latests victims and be added up to the whole Propscam fiasco.

Like Ujiro said tho, this is no reason to cut him some slack and foremost, to let him get away with it again.

Granted .. I'd be worried now if I had an outstanding order... as with the heat he will likely take the money and run..
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Old September 18th, 2009, 17:50   #92
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
This is what you get for allowing the use of nicknames on the forum... bad people can do harm, drop out and resurface with a new ID
Well, to be fair, he got AV'd and it was under a different name. So even if the forum was real name only this would have gone down the same way.

What alarms me more is that some people knew whom JoeFriday was but failed to say anything. We found out because some other people were on the ball and came forward with info (you know who you are, big props to you guys), which allowed us to formulate a plan of action to try and ensure that at the very least people on this pre-order (JoeFriday's) wouldn't get scammed too.
Old September 18th, 2009, 18:00   #93
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonP View Post
I'm staggered by you apologists. He took many $1000's for products he did not have and in many cases never even delivered (and even then only under direct threats and pressure), and to many giving nothing but runaround after runaround before dropping off the face of the earth to let it all blow over.

Then he comes back with a new name and a new "face", figuring that all the old people he fucked would be long gone and the debts forgotten, and enough new people would be around that he could just start over again because they wouldn't know anything about it and wouldn't care if they did!

It seems he was mostly right. I never thought I'd see the day.
Well let's not forget Miki's Share in the propscam too
Old September 18th, 2009, 18:02   #94
medhatboy
formerly Swatt Five-Six

I'm probably one of the lucky few that got his stuff from the original Props Canada order.
Old September 18th, 2009, 18:05   #95
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swatt Five-Six View Post
I'm probably one of the lucky few that got his stuff from the original Props Canada order.
nope, me too - Top M60E3 and Asahi M60VN and 4x TM M4
Old September 18th, 2009, 18:06   #96
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
What alarms me more is that some people knew whom JoeFriday was but failed to say anything.
It's not exactly the first time people failed to come forward regarding someone else's misdeeds on ASC.

Nonetheless, kudos to the whistleblowers. There can be no accountability without disclosure of ugly secrets.
Old September 18th, 2009, 18:27   #97
Sentinel

Got a tracking number... Says that it's ''electronically ordered'' or something since the 15th... Really hope that this status will change soon and have my stuff. I've seen the last update today and seems to be ok for now.

I would like to have Joe speaking publicly his side of the medal on this thread and what are it's intentions and wills to clear his name once and for all. He must have records and proofs of what he already paid back (I hope)and the one that was waiting for money/guns from props canada saga must have proofs of what they've paid to him. Let's balance it together to see if he can work it out for any outstading balance. Both parties send their proofs to a kind of commissioner (Impartial ASC member or staff) and charged to make things even and fair by clarifying the situation.

I'm not saying that what he have done in past is ok and forgive it but i can imagine that when a large order fuck up, it's normal that the guy have some trouble to pay back and maybe take a few years to clear things up. We're talking about many thousand of $$$. The guy still have to live, lodge, eat and caring for any family he have by the meantime. It's just my opinon... I think he came back on ASC only when he was sure in his mind that this case was closed. Anyway...
Old September 18th, 2009, 18:31   #98
spartan117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Got a tracking number... Says that it's ''electronically ordered'' or something since the 15th... Really hope that this status will change soon and have my stuff. I've seen the last update today and seems to be ok for now.

I would like to have Joe speaking publicly his side of the medal on this thread and what are it's intentions and wills to clear his name once and for all. He must have records and proofs of what he already paid back (I hope)and the one that was waiting for money/guns from props canada saga must have proofs of what they've paid to him. Let's balance it together to see if he can work it out for any outstading balance. Both parties send their proofs to a kind of commissioner (Impartial ASC member or staff) and charged to make things even and fair by clarifying the situation.

I'm not saying that what he have done in past is ok and forgive it but i can imagine that when a large order fuck up, it's normal that the guy have some trouble to pay back and maybe take a few years to clear things up. We're talking about many thousand of $$$. The guy still have to live, lodge, eat and caring for any family he have by the meantime. It's just my opinon... I think he came back on ASC only when he was sure in his mind that this case was closed. Anyway...
I agree. My tracking said "Electronically submitted" as well for around 2-3 days but i got it. I hope everyone on this order gets either their product or refund.
Old September 18th, 2009, 18:34   #99
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
I think he came back on ASC only when he was sure in his mind that this case was forgotten.
Fixed for you.

I think the only words anyone wants to here from this guy is "The cheque is in the mail", but they've heard that one before, haven't they?

No quarter should be given to this criminal whatsoever.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
Old September 18th, 2009, 18:41   #100
Forever_kaos

Yep, me and a friend still have "Electronically submitted" from the 15th.
Old September 18th, 2009, 18:49   #101
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Well, to be fair, he got AV'd and it was under a different name. So even if the forum was real name only this would have gone down the same way.

What alarms me more is that some people knew whom JoeFriday was but failed to say anything. We found out because some other people were on the ball and came forward with info (you know who you are, big props to you guys), which allowed us to formulate a plan of action to try and ensure that at the very least people on this pre-order (JoeFriday's) wouldn't get scammed too.
Actually what alarms me is that he is AV. So he has a fake ID? Bad Age Verifier?

AV failed us this time...
Old September 18th, 2009, 18:49   #102
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

No, he's over 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Old September 18th, 2009, 18:52   #103
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erennert View Post
No, he's over 18.
Dude, read the posts above. He AV'd under a different name, that's why the ASC staff didn't catch it.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Old September 18th, 2009, 18:53   #104
theshaneler

not the point, age verifiers should not AV people who have stolen thousands from the community and who's name is known to the us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
Old September 18th, 2009, 18:54   #105
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

Oh, okay, i get it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > ASC News and Announcements