Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

"The Agora" - Possible web series by airsofters

:

Airsoft Media

Old June 21st, 2012, 10:34   #1
Fox62
Banned

"The Agora" - Possible web series by airsofters

Hey guys, me and a couple of friends have been working on an action web series (we are all airsofters, and it's entirely made with airsoft guns and gear).

I think the end result is pretty cool for the first episode, and it'd be great if more people see it, as we have plans for making other episodes, but it really depends on the feedback, and if there's people actually interested in it.

Watch in 1080p!

The Agora Trailer - YouTube

The Agora - Ep1 - YouTube

Fox62
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 13:11   #2
Wantabe_Warrior

Pretty good, it"'s a nice starting point. I'm just a viewer, I don't know how hard it is to do this stuff, but here's what improvement I saw that could be made:
1) I though the it's odd that the most of the German soldiers don't have even basic vests/chest rigs/belt rigs, even 2 or 3 mag pouches on a belt might be better.
2) the rifles when fired in long bursts seemed to wave around, just hold them like you would during a game, recoil in a NATO rifle is quite manageable.
3) would it be possible to record the voices in some sort of sound booth, then apply it to the film? I heard a bit of your standard low grade background noises (no offense meant).
4) If the gun has a suppeser/silencer on it silence it! if it doesn't don't!

perks:
Chairsofter
Fortunate Son
Wantabe_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 14:58   #3
Fox62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantabe_Warrior View Post
Pretty good, it"'s a nice starting point. I'm just a viewer, I don't know how hard it is to do this stuff, but here's what improvement I saw that could be made:
1) I though the it's odd that the most of the German soldiers don't have even basic vests/chest rigs/belt rigs, even 2 or 3 mag pouches on a belt might be better.
2) the rifles when fired in long bursts seemed to wave around, just hold them like you would during a game, recoil in a NATO rifle is quite manageable.
3) would it be possible to record the voices in some sort of sound booth, then apply it to the film? I heard a bit of your standard low grade background noises (no offense meant).
4) If the gun has a suppeser/silencer on it silence it! if it doesn't don't!
Dude, thanks so much for watching and taking the time to point all these things out!

We probably did have the equipment, so I'm not sure why we decided it was a good idea to only use rigs and such on the more important germans.

As for the supressor you're talking about one of the M4's, right? I don't remember what it was, but I think it's not a suppressor, but a muzzle brake or somesuch. Also, keep in mind movies are not all about realism, otherwise we wouldn't had exaggerated the muzzle flash as much for example. But the recoil is a good observation, and we'll try to overdo it less next time.

It was our first "big" project, and the location wasn't easily available, so we had the morning to get to know it (we had never been there before the day we filmed), and the evening to film. So a lot will probably be improved upon if there's another episode.

Fox
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 16:29   #4
Wantabe_Warrior

No problem. And personally, I liked the hand-to-hand scene, I think it was well done. Another that's odd to me is they (the americans) were leaving their stuff everywhere (ie. The sniper rifle, the spotting scope, and the laptop), to me even stuffing the scope and laptop into a backpack would've been better, but it's a non-issue really. Sorry, last thing, but would it be possible for the americans to wear a cover (hat/helmet) of some sort, even a simple (neutal/natural coloured) ball cap would work (quite well actually).

perks:
Chairsofter
Fortunate Son
Wantabe_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 21:06   #5
Cpt- Lovegrove

cant wait for episode 2
Cpt- Lovegrove is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media