Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

People who want CF kit (non-surplus)

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 13th, 2010, 15:33   #61
NovaKaynE

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
Get yourself a real patrol pack; also a real ruck as the new ruck sucks IMO. Theres a reason why lots of us are still rockin the 64 Pat Jump Ruck.
Yeah, i'm rockin' the old ruck still. I'm content with it. Does the trick. The only problem is getting jacked up for having any non issued kit.
Old May 13th, 2010, 17:00   #62
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
BUT, i hate usin them on BFT's, the waist strap kinda sucks. Its great for arty guys (we have trucks to carry them ), but ive seen alot of infantry guys stick with jump rucks over the new ones.
I actually found it quite nice on my last BFT, got the order that only the new ruck was allowed so I pulled off everything from my jump ruck and stuck it straight into the new one.

And now that I'm back in Shilo, the stack nicely in the back of our tractors

Quote:
ive seen a couple of people put the waist band around the tacvest, and its worked just fine.
What I've been doing was loosening the bottom adjustment strap on the back and letting the bottom of my TV sit over the waist belt.

Oh and Mike, you're a lucky fucker, next door here we've been told only the new rucks are to be used. The RSM has a thing for shiny kit apparently...

Last edited by Lerch; May 13th, 2010 at 17:02..
Lerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 17:25   #63
Loathing

Where I'm at they thankfully don't really care what you use, as long as you can do the damn BFT and work up for it. None of us have the new rucks yet, were still using the normal issued ones. A couple people have the jump rucks, I'd love to get my hands on one of them!
Loathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 23:13   #64
mr_nuts31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaKaynE View Post
Not sure about anyone else, but for me, in order to get the CADPAT raingear, you need to be at least SQ qualified or have a year of service under your belt.
Wait what? That's the requirement? I got mine as soon as my unit said it was available for the unit. Then again, I'm in Petawawa, so we get a lot of things first, like the new MLVW and probably the new tac vest, whatever it may be. I've met reservists who come here for a tasking come back with all this new kit that will make the others jealous, so chances are to all those who are missing kit might have to resort to grabbing some from other bases
mr_nuts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 03:35   #65
Jbone 11 11

Is it just me or is there recurring theme here? LOL!
There are CF regs and then there is how it actually works. Same as anywhere.
Jbone 11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 11:36   #66
Roguer

and then there at the guys workin in supply who can be dicks about issueing kit and such. But thats how things are, not much we can do about that
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:40   #67
Jbone 11 11

Amen.
Jbone 11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 12:27   #68
Infidel
formerly Grimm Reaper

Send a message via MSN to Infidel
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
Get yourself a real patrol pack; also a real ruck as the new ruck sucks IMO. Theres a reason why lots of us are still rockin the 64 Pat Jump Ruck.
What are you talking about... the new Ruck is Great........ for a glorified duffel bag.... Ya I went out and got a 64 jump ruck because its a shit ton more comfortable then the new one, and its smaller, lighter, and well more useful.

Got a Rush 72 Hour bag for my tour... I havnt used it in the field but I can pack it alot better and mroe organized then the Smallpack, and its about the same size.

~Thanato
Old May 15th, 2010, 12:40   #69
Roguer

the only reason i like the new ruck is i can pack it full of stuff for extended ops, that and the arty has trucks that we put all of our kit onto. That and the staves that are formed to our backs, well that goes to shit when you have a flak vest on with plates.
Old May 15th, 2010, 12:54   #70
Infidel
formerly Grimm Reaper

Send a message via MSN to Infidel
Quote:
the only reason i like the new ruck is i can pack it full of stuff for extended ops, that and the arty has trucks that we put all of our kit onto. That and the staves that are formed to our backs, well that goes to shit when you have a flak vest on with plates.
If you need to fill that thing when you are going on exercise you are over packing. And if you are in the field that long you will more then likely be able to have a duffel full of kit that stays in a staging area.

I have learned to pack light and im a signaler lol I guess that extra few pounds of radio really add up lol

~Thanato
Old May 16th, 2010, 03:14   #71
Roguer

ive only packed that much when i was on a op overseas and needed to pack extra gear.
Old January 27th, 2011, 23:47   #72
IronYuppy

Just reading this whole thread for the entertainment value. I'm a Reservist, and I have some stuff that seems to be made of unobtanium for my reg-force pals, and some stuff that is commonplace, I don't have.

Examples: I have the rare as hen's teeth CADPAD waterproof bivvy bag, CADPAT gloves, fleece, and a TAC-vest, and - for no apparent reason - a white balaclava. But I also have old (type II) combat boots (which I got new in a box covered in dust), type 82 webbing (with completely useless 7.62 mag pouches) AND a type 82 gas-mask bag, and I wasn't issued basic stuff like socks, a bush hat, mortar gloves, suspenders for my cold weather pants, a scarf, a gas mask FILTER, or a ground-sheet.

One guy I know was issued every possible piece of kit you can imagine, EXCEPT a green beret. It's just crazy.

What would I like but can't seem to find? A small pack and a light GoreTex jacket. Good luck!
IronYuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:57   #73
Zep

everyone has a small pack. i think.. i love mine, but never use it when im not working, dont want people knowing im military.

Magpul G&P M4 Carbine
King Arms Knight's SR-16 Carbine
Team: Delta 5. ASO Username: Maniak

Zep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 09:00   #74
Off_kilter

everyone has a small pack?! wish clothing stores wouldn't be so miserly hell I can't even get a gerber(they're all broken apparently)
Off_kilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 09:09   #75
Zep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
The CADPAT boots are not entering General Issue according the CLS. Instead they are going to get a brown boot. I dont know why. Also the Desert boots that were issued for Roto 9, the boot company lost the contract and some people are unable to get issued desert boots, and those that got issued the desert boots are not impressed with the fact that they do not breath.

Also I agree with the OP 100% mainly because if you want to make an impression of teh CF while deployed overseas on a combat tour, buy your own rig like most members. The Tacvest is not even that great a vest and when I see Repo ones that people have purchased I ask them why.

Regards,

~Grimm
yeah those boots are pretty comfy, i have a pair, but i use my own HAIX now, i also thought they would come out with the brown boots and i asked a friend in supply, they said no dice, not for a few years at least. My opinion, it would look sick with brown boots and greens, but not tactical at all. Im pretty sure now that the trial is over for the cadpat boots they will come out with them by the end of next year for all troops. This is what i've heard.

and its so true most our gear sucks, no idea why people want it when they play soldier, for one it's illegal, I had my own setup overseas, and trust me it wasn't a 4 mag vest.

Magpul G&P M4 Carbine
King Arms Knight's SR-16 Carbine
Team: Delta 5. ASO Username: Maniak

Zep is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion