Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official I hate Canada postal service thread!!!

:

General

Closed Thread

Old May 12th, 2014, 00:04   #1081
redneck12

Bakasaur, at least your guy leaves your packages at your house, my guy is a total fucktard, I was outside working on the front yard on Friday and the guy says hi hands me my letter mail and a pick up notice. Lol the package was the size of a wallet, small enough to fit in my huge mail box. Yet he didn't think he could handle carrying an extra pound in his bag so he dropped it off at the wrong pickup location.
Old May 15th, 2014, 15:06   #1082
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
More of a USPS rant than a CP rant (Give it time...), but I've got two packages stuck in postal limbo somewhere in the US...

I've got replacement Taco's from HSGI somewhere in the US, supposedly on its way here but according to CP's tracking site, it hasn't even made it into Canada yet and it was sent out 15 days ago... Oh I also called USPS to ask about this package but apparently they have no idea where it is and asked if I want to open a ticket... Time to email HSGI. AGAIN.

My other package is apparently on its way here but once again, USPS isn't sure... its either with Customs or their sorting facility at LAX or in transit to Richmond, which can't be correct as its been "in transit" for 5 days and I'm sure it doesn't take that long by air from LAX to YVR...

As much as I hate UPS, at least I know where my packages are...
Old May 20th, 2014, 10:41   #1083
Bakasaur
Shit Geyser

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck12 View Post
Bakasaur, at least your guy leaves your packages at your house, my guy is a total fucktard, I was outside working on the front yard on Friday and the guy says hi hands me my letter mail and a pick up notice. Lol the package was the size of a wallet, small enough to fit in my huge mail box. Yet he didn't think he could handle carrying an extra pound in his bag so he dropped it off at the wrong pickup location.
Oh I get that too. But I'm so used to it it's just the norm now.

Update from Canada Post. I called in Thursday after not receiving an email or anything.. turns out the woman put the wrong email address in (apparently she got F and S mixed up... because Jofh totally makes sense).

I was supposed to be contacted Friday about my claims.. nothing. No word. I was assured I would be contacted Friday, after arguing them about how much money it was. Nothing.

Called in, put on hold, and got no where.
Called in today, after waiting for half an hour for a supervisor (getting voicemail after voicemail), finally spoke to a supervisor. She said that they were wrong, and it will take 30 days for me to be contacted. THEN time for the claim to be figured out. So essentially, as it stands on the $700 gun.. I'm out $1000. (I can't charge a customer for anything yet, because he received a broken gun the first time. So no money there. Now, I have to cover the parts to rebuild it. and I will not get paid for my time)

How damaged was the gun? I wrap everything in bubblewrap before I send it out. When the customer got it, he said the box looked like it had been used as a soccerball. The gearbox was mangled inside, the trigger trolley was broken off the track, the trigger spring was bent, and a few other things. Customer didn't know. Tried firing, made it worse. I showed him the videos of it working before it left my place. So at least he's not raging at me.

On my other package, I bought xpress post. Or so I was told. They put it through regular mail. It was supposed to be at the person's place by Friday. The tracking number isn't showing any progress, and noone knows where it is. It's also still not there.

I think it's time I'll be looking at a new courier. I do not want to send the polarstar I've been working on through CP. I can't afford for them to damage that one.

UPDATE:
I was expecting three packages today. There were two cars sitting in my driveway, I was sitting on the porch. Canada post guy went to my box, then drove away. Left 3 parcel slips.

Also, went to mail my leatherman for servicing (Pin pusher snapped off), and the woman was arguing me about the Postal Code.. she kept hitting "2" instead of "5" without realizing it, and blamed me for it.

ALSO: All packages are signature required.

Last edited by Bakasaur; May 20th, 2014 at 12:14..
Old May 21st, 2014, 01:43   #1084
Apathy

what I did was issue complaint after complaint with canada post...service has improved thus far as they replaced my shitty mail person with a better more responsible one.

non airsoft related, I bought LED's for my car and they were in their shipping department lost for almost 2 months. two seperate packages shipped a day later arrived 6 weeks before the first package -facepalm-

Last edited by Apathy; May 21st, 2014 at 01:46..
Old May 21st, 2014, 09:42   #1085
DipTwit

Wow I feel so privileged... I must be the only guy here who has an awesome mail lady... I get enough little packages that she approached me one day and said "do you want me to sign for these, so I can leave them in your (super) mailbox??"

I said Hell Yes, and now they all sit there waiting for me (locked in the superbox thankfully) and I don't generally have to walk over to the post office with a pickup slip, except maybe when she has a day off.

Good reminder - I really should give her a gift card or something!!
Old May 22nd, 2014, 17:26   #1086
Laurel
a.k.a. mak11

Quick question to people that may know more about CP or mail in general.

I ordered an item from oversears, it was shipped 6+ weeks ago, tracking on both sides indicates that it left originating country and is en route to Canada since April 1st.... I think at this point I may need to start an investigation as there has been no change since it "left" & the shipper even said that it should arrive within 4-6 weeks. Should a complaint be filed with the originating country's post service? or CP? I would assume it is not CPs fault is it? or could it be that they got it and lost it somewhere in country?

Last edited by Laurel; May 22nd, 2014 at 17:29..
Old May 22nd, 2014, 17:44   #1087
DipTwit

I order lots from overseas, and although it typically takes around 4 weeks, I've seen it range from 2-7 weeks. Only a very few wind up being 6-7 weeks but it's not unheard of (I have two like that I'm waiting for right now.) I would call it more likely than the odds of CP outright losing it.

Generally, if nothing shows on CP's web site for tracking, they will tell you they know / can do nothing about it. I've found in some cases that some items show nothing until the day it's delivered, then suddenly you get processed, in transit, and delivered all appearing as if by magic.

That's not what you wanted to hear, but I've had worse experiences too - several times the tracking number shows as invalid in the tracking sites at both ends... leaving you totally in the dark!

I'd hang in there a little longer in your case.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 18:57   #1088
Laurel
a.k.a. mak11

I guess I can wait another week or two. I just checked and from April 1st to now it is running on its 8th week by tomorrow... exluding a day from the long weekend... I really hope that the package is just sitting there waiting to be delivered but I am not holding my breath.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 19:56   #1089
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
2014/05/22 11:57 RICHMOND Item processed
2014/05/22 03:11 RICHMOND Item processed
2014/05/22 03:10 RICHMOND Item processed
2014/05/16 19:11 RICHMOND Item processed at postal facility

Apparently Canada Post loves processing my package but can't be bothered to put it on a truck to deliver it; I'd offer to drive 20 minutes to Richmond to get it from them myself, but I don't think they'd let me...

edit: seems like they added another "Item processed" for good measure.

Last edited by beta678; May 23rd, 2014 at 03:14..
Old May 23rd, 2014, 15:21   #1090
Laurel
a.k.a. mak11

Holy shit!!

2014/05/23 12:52 MONTREAL Item processed

09:38 MONTREAL Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing

09:33 VILLE ST-LAURENT Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.

2014/04/01 14:32 RUMOWA,Russian Fed. International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada

that was a long boat ride, damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipTwit View Post
I order lots from overseas, and although it typically takes around 4 weeks, I've seen it range from 2-7 weeks. Only a very few wind up being 6-7 weeks but it's not unheard of (I have two like that I'm waiting for right now.) I would call it more likely than the odds of CP outright losing it.

Generally, if nothing shows on CP's web site for tracking, they will tell you they know / can do nothing about it. I've found in some cases that some items show nothing until the day it's delivered, then suddenly you get processed, in transit, and delivered all appearing as if by magic.

That's not what you wanted to hear, but I've had worse experiences too - several times the tracking number shows as invalid in the tracking sites at both ends... leaving you totally in the dark!

I'd hang in there a little longer in your case.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 12:30   #1091
Bakasaur
Shit Geyser

Another update.

Agent decided to go on vacation and not tell me. He refuses to open email attachments and blame me for not sending them. I've sent four emails with attachments to two of his emails. Now I'm uploading to GoogleDocs, Photobucket, and Dropbox, so he won't have an excuse. (Unless the "I can't open external/offsite documents" becomes his next one.)

One parts package was 9 days over expected delivery. 5 days after "delivery standard", they won't give me my money back.

Anyone have a good alternative courier?

I have used the following with no good results:
UPS
Purolator
Canada Post/Venture one

I'm considering Fed Ex, but they're so expensive. I want to use DHL, but there are no Depots around me.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 12:49   #1092
siggypoo

You can always ask CanPar what services they offer. Dunno if they handle outside commercial senders tho.
Old June 12th, 2014, 11:38   #1093
BigWil

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggypoo View Post
You can always ask CanPar what services they offer. Dunno if they handle outside commercial senders tho.
Canpar isn't any better...I have a package that was shipped from California end of May, entered Canada and was given to Canpar on May 31. It was sent to Ottawa, declared a "Missort", and then it showed up in Montreal, where it was put on a "Linehauler", scanned back into Montreal, departed by "Linehauler" again, both of Jun 4...it's now Jun 12, and I still don't have it. I've called in twice, still no answer on my package.

update: Canpar ended up sending my package by Express Post! WTF!?!

Last edited by BigWil; June 13th, 2014 at 01:40.. Reason: update
Old July 7th, 2014, 22:57   #1094
thebreadbandit.

Ordered a pair of OPS Crye Precision pants from UR-Tactical.com on the 19th of June with reassurance that they'd be in my possession within 14 days ($25 "Express" shipping w/ tracking). They were delayed in Mississauga by CP this past Friday, & I was informed they'd be delivered to me by this morning... Checked the tracking code last night (Sunday, July 6th) & it was still in Mississauga, OK no biggie. Wake up this morning, checked that it has made its way into the London facility & received this message: "We were not able to find any results: Tracking information is not available for this item. For further assistance please visit the Support section." LOL WTF IZ DIS SHIET.
Checked Track17.net, apparently it was slated for "Pick Up" at the delivery office - went there today at 8:30PM, cute girl says they don't have anything for me there...

Anyone ever had this happen? I've scanned this thread to no avail. Going to call CP in the morning though...

Instagram: thebreadbandit
Old July 9th, 2014, 22:42   #1095
ManuGod

Never had this.
Around my town it's more about;
the delivery guy/gal dropping you the "pick-it-up-tomorrow-at-the-office" card in the mail before running away in-case you are actually there, everytime! Not even taking the package out with them, just coming up the mail box and put in the card. Really annoying, was exited about unboxing my Revision Desert Locust

-Murphy's war law-

///////////////////
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General