Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My first airsoft possible mag issues?

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 24th, 2017, 21:43   #16
yogurtstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seags View Post
They should hold 35 or 40 i think. Do you have the GHK speedloader adaptor?
I do have the speedloader adaptor and a speedloader that were both included, but after about a dozen BBs there is so much resistance that I am afraid of breaking either mag of the fragile plastic speedloader so I'd stop.

Both of the magazines do this, so perhaps the spring is just really really stiff since it's new?
yogurtstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 00:25   #17
Seags

Maybe there is debris stuck in there and the follower is getting jammed. Disassemble it and clean it.

Or maybe it just needs to be worked on some more
Seags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 00:37   #18
St. Ides

I would bet on those shitty BB's from Princess Auto/Crappy Tire have gunked up the mag......those 'marking bb's' are meant to crumble under force, force which a quality gun/mag will put on them for accuracy......force which is not present in clear soft, the platform in which they were designed for.....meh, could just be flaming at this point, but the shitty bb's you showed in the picture earlier in the thread are quite toxic for competitive guns, and break way too easy!

They produce a lot of dust, the dust is used for 'marking the target' but said dust, combined with the actual material those bb's are made up of, plus the silicone oil found in green gas, spells a disastrous mix for your GBB platform........think of it like adding water/petroleum to concrete mix, but inside your mag/gun.........

Last edited by St. Ides; May 26th, 2017 at 00:43..
St. Ides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 12:03   #19
yogurtstorm

I see, thanks St. Ides.

Any brand you would recommend?
Old May 26th, 2017, 13:12   #20
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogurtstorm View Post
I see, thanks St. Ides.

Any brand you would recommend?
Non-Bios

Madbull
Elite Force
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 17:42   #21
yogurtstorm

Madbull is the brand I'm currently using and the ones screenshotted on page 1 so not sure why he called them cheap (they were rather expensive).

Thanks again BioRage
Old May 26th, 2017, 18:30   #22
St. Ides

Stick to the madbulls, again those weren't the problem, the Crappy Tire/Princess auto 'marking' bb's were the problem. they take nothing to break, and once inside your gun/mag, they'll wreak havoc
St. Ides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 18:32   #23
BioRage

You picture is broken for me, I think you may of linked it incorrectly, try imgur.com, drag and drop photo, once uploaded, click on photo with mouse button 3 (middle scroller wheel) and copy the URL there and paste it.

Should work.
Old May 26th, 2017, 18:40   #24
yogurtstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Ides View Post
Stick to the madbulls, again those weren't the problem, the Crappy Tire/Princess auto 'marking' bb's were the problem. they take nothing to break, and once inside your gun/mag, they'll wreak havoc
No disrespect intended, but I only have and used Madbull BBs (different weight/weights/colors).

Eitherway after I disassembled and reassembled the hopup it hasn't happened again, so hopefully this won't happen again soon. Gonna do some more extensive testing this weekend

EDIT: oops i realized i previously wrote i used 2 other brands (i meant types, not brands) so i see why you thought i used bad BBs

Last edited by yogurtstorm; May 26th, 2017 at 18:43..
Old May 29th, 2017, 08:46   #25
SuperCriollo

The GHK speed loader is pretty bad. I'd recommend you getting a TM speed loader. I've broken 3 GHK ones, while my TM still going strong, and loads my G5 mag's much smoother than the original speed loader ever did.

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2017, 10:32   #26
BioRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCriollo View Post
The GHK speed loader is pretty bad. I'd recommend you getting a TM speed loader. I've broken 3 GHK ones, while my TM still going strong, and loads my G5 mag's much smoother than the original speed loader ever did.
Really? O_O

Mine have never broke, only they go "missing" so I need to super glue them.
Old May 29th, 2017, 21:07   #27
SuperCriollo

^^^

Yup, they usually split open, or the pushing rod snaps in half. The TM is solid though, same as weirdly enough, a Crosman made speed loader that came with one of those CT clear shotguns lol

I haven't filled any of my feeding lips, so maybe that has something to do with it ? I need to do it soon though, cuz they keep cracking and I'm almost out of spares, but I've been lazy :P

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2017, 12:17   #28
Katipunero

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogurtstorm View Post
Hi guys,

First please chill a bit, I need guidance, not more reasons to panic. For calrification: I have lightly filed the Magazine lips at the top of the mag, where BBs would not fit, not the actual airsoft gun.

The BBs would not fit at all without any filing on the mag lip. No fucking joke, if you put a BB in front of the lip and push hard, it would never fit. They are standard, Madbull 5.95mm .36g BBs, are these bad? I also tried 2 other brands that my brother had (he has been airsofting with a gunsmith for years so I tend to trust his word and choice in products). Funny thing: all of my brother's M4 mag lips have been filed previously too as he showed me and they all work perfectly great.

The shop owner from whom i bought the gun confirmed I would need to "mod the feed lip to get better feeding" when I asked if I should file more from the mag.

Right now the BBs FINALLY can be inserted into the mag, but there is still a lot of resistance (especially trying to push one out rather than put one in).
You only need to file the front of the feedlip, not the top. If you file the top, you will get double feeding/crushed bbs's as there is very little retention to hold the bb vertically.

This is all you need to file:

Modified is in the mag and the left is a brand new feedlip.

Unless you are using japanese spec'd bb's that are 5.88+-, you probably will not be able to fit and feed lower quality bb's in a GHK mag.

Worse case is that you will eventually split the feedlip vertically in the channel as you are trying to push out a bb too big than the lip can take.

At that point you will have little to no retention at the top of the feedlip and will experience double feeding, crushed bb's and bb's being thrown about in the chamber as vibration / shaking from the blowback dislodges bb's from the mag since there is no retention from the top.

When filling your bb's with the provided GHK speedloader, you must do so at a 45 degree angle to necessitate easy loading. The bb's should go through the front of the feedlip in the filed channel, not the the top.

I never have any resistance when loading my GHK mags. If you do it any other way (ie vertically straight down) you WILL encounter resistance and wear out the top of the feedlips which you DON'T want.
Katipunero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2017, 14:10   #29
yogurtstorm

Thanks for the very descriptive answer Katipunero, thankfully I had not filed the top of the lips, simply the insides lightly until BBs fit without too much force. I also use a quality Marui speedloader and make sure that the correct angle is used. I can fit about 20-23 BBs into one of these mags, which seems about right.

I have not had any serious issues with the AUG since I took it completely apart and put it back together.

Only sort of strange thing is that sometimes (not always) when the last BB is fired, the gun doesn't "lock" as it should and sometimes allows me to continue dry-firing for some time before locking open (not sure what the real terms here are, sorry).

Thankfully it doesn't really prevent me from using the AUG atm, just a head-scratcher right now.
Old June 8th, 2017, 12:18   #30
Kasrkin33

I filed all my AK mags just enough for the speed loader to feed the BB's im without any resistance. Dont file too much on the top or you will risk ruining your feed lips. I did that once and my mag turned into a burst grenade. One little nudge and the bbs would expell themselves.
Kasrkin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank