Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Newb Medic Pointers / Tips

:

General

Old August 6th, 2015, 13:14   #1
Logandyck

Newb Medic Pointers / Tips

Hello guys,
Got my first big milsim coming up and it's my first time being medic. Any tips/pointers would be great as I am wanting to be the best I can for my teammates. Thanks.
Long live krav maga
Logandyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2015, 09:23   #2
Maniac Marshall

yeah, read the rules for the game and bring a watch to check time. It really depends on the organizers
Maniac Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2015, 10:00   #3
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Keep yourself light weight and mobile. Ie don't run a saw or an AR with a 20 inch barrel. And smg or short carbine with minimal fluff (chest rig yes plate carrier no etc...)
Regardless of the rule set the most effective medics I've seen at both skirmish events and milsim seem to be those who can move quickly and thought tight spaces and thick bush without get in hung up or being too loud.
be patient and observant. We all want to run to the aide of our teammates but often the dead are left to draw in more for an ambush so make sure your squad sets up a good perimeter and ensure the area is clear before you rush in or your going to wind up needing a medic yourself. Most important tho is go out put in your best effort and have fun the rest will fall into place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2015, 05:13   #4
BloodDrinker

I know this is a bit late but while agree Read the Rules.

If your Looking at a "MilsimIV" rule like at Millsim west Carry 4 Liters of water every time you play in addition of all the gear you normally play with. Slick every thing you carry While some argue against Plate carriers/helmets Read the rules some events are working armor into them as part of the rules set IF they do that and every one else in your squads rocking plates you'll stand out Which is a bad thing FYI Even if helmets have no game value... Protect your grapefruit!!!

Check the Rules on Moving wounded players IF you can move a casualty Then set up a Triage And move casualty's to you when ever possible.

spend some time getting used to Quickly bandaging people as for weapons avoid looking like the medic and If some ones yelling out wheres the medic Don't wave your arms all-way's assume there's a sniper out there somewhere.

Voting liberal or NDP and signing a petition to ban airsoft is the same thing.
BloodDrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2015, 13:35   #5
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

How long is the game you're going to? If it's long and you need to carry all of your food, water, ammo, jacket, ranger blanket, etc, on you, then I reccomend a lightweight plate carrier, such as the JPC style. Plate carriers are best for weight dispersal as they don't hang down like a vest or harnessed rig. Modern, low-profile plate carriers cam weight only a pound or two naked as well, so they are super mobile and easy to fight in.

As a medic you still generally fight, but you're last guy through the door. The idea is not to get yourself killed. You still want to be useful however, so make sure your gun is a good performer, but if at all possible avoid long or heavy weapons, especially heavy. You can always put your weapon down to medic a player if needs be though.

Each game, organizer, milsim, etc, may have their own methodology on how you must medic players back in; such as one hand touch, two hand touch, tie a bandage, one minute, two minute, there may be bleed out times, etc, so you'll just have to adjust for that. If you're counting, count out loud so the patient can anticipate when he's back in the game. I don't mean shout it, just loud enough that he can hear.

Try to stick with larger groups or squads. A medic in a suicide squad or infiltration group is wasted. You can do the most in a large force, which will attract the most attention and get in the most fire fights, medics belong near the front line, but just behind it. Remember, you're keeping players in the fight, not playing doctor back at a mock infirmary.

Most games allow you to only medic each player in once per life, or else they must go back and respawn. As for you, if you get shot, you need to hussel your ass back to respawn and get back to your squad ASAP, as you're relatively valuable.

Your team, or a few players, can give you some quick cover fire to move you up to a downed ally, but don't throw your life away on one that's hopelessly pinned down, or too far up alone. Tell those players to get their asses to respawn, or your group will just end up losing more players, and possibly a medic, trying to rescue them. Respawn a are there for a reason. Having your medic pinned down is really dumb and enemy played would love to just pick one off, but you're more of a target of opportunity than an outright target. It really depends also on wether you are noticeable. At one game I had to carry a giant satchel with a big Red Cross on it, so medics stuck out like a sore thumb. At others it was just a designation, so you look exactly like everyone else and the enemy can't tell.

Most importantly, medic can be fun and exciting or it can boring and grueling. Remember that you are there to have fun too, so find a balance. Get some trigger time in, or you'll be like most people and never want to do it again.
Old September 3rd, 2015, 19:56   #6
QKLee11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac Marshall View Post
yeah, read the rules for the game and bring a watch to check time. It really depends on the organizers
Read the RULES OF THE GAME...THATS HALF OF THE BATTLE RIGHT THERE
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2015, 16:10   #7
BloodDrinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
How long is the game you're going to? If it's long and you need to carry all of your food, water, ammo, jacket, ranger blanket, etc, on you, then I reccomend a lightweight plate carrier, such as the JPC style. Plate carriers are best for weight dispersal as they don't hang down like a vest or harnessed rig. Modern, low-profile plate carriers cam weight only a pound or two naked as well, so they are super mobile and easy to fight in.

As a medic you still generally fight, but you're last guy through the door. The idea is not to get yourself killed. You still want to be useful however, so make sure your gun is a good performer, but if at all possible avoid long or heavy weapons, especially heavy. You can always put your weapon down to medic a player if needs be though.

Each game, organizer, milsim, etc, may have their own methodology on how you must medic players back in; such as one hand touch, two hand touch, tie a bandage, one minute, two minute, there may be bleed out times, etc, so you'll just have to adjust for that. If you're counting, count out loud so the patient can anticipate when he's back in the game. I don't mean shout it, just loud enough that he can hear.

Try to stick with larger groups or squads. A medic in a suicide squad or infiltration group is wasted. You can do the most in a large force, which will attract the most attention and get in the most fire fights, medics belong near the front line, but just behind it. Remember, you're keeping players in the fight, not playing doctor back at a mock infirmary.

Most games allow you to only medic each player in once per life, or else they must go back and respawn. As for you, if you get shot, you need to hussel your ass back to respawn and get back to your squad ASAP, as you're relatively valuable.

Your team, or a few players, can give you some quick cover fire to move you up to a downed ally, but don't throw your life away on one that's hopelessly pinned down, or too far up alone. Tell those players to get their asses to respawn, or your group will just end up losing more players, and possibly a medic, trying to rescue them. Respawn a are there for a reason. Having your medic pinned down is really dumb and enemy played would love to just pick one off, but you're more of a target of opportunity than an outright target. It really depends also on wether you are noticeable. At one game I had to carry a giant satchel with a big Red Cross on it, so medics stuck out like a sore thumb. At others it was just a designation, so you look exactly like everyone else and the enemy can't tell.

Most importantly, medic can be fun and exciting or it can boring and grueling. Remember that you are there to have fun too, so find a balance. Get some trigger time in, or you'll be like most people and never want to do it again.
Also Carry all the ammo your allowed if thats 1500 Rounds loaded in mags and two grenades Carry 1500 rounds and two grenades. Even if you don't plan to shoot allot

Never know when A squadmate might need a mag to lay cover

Voting liberal or NDP and signing a petition to ban airsoft is the same thing.
BloodDrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2015, 10:45   #8
Covax

Medic is a tough job. Your buddy just stuck his neck out in the open, got shot, and now you’ve got to go to the exact same spot. Sometimes you’re stuck in the open and have to create some cover. Unfortunately a lone medic can’t multitask like that. They need to help suppress the original enemy shooter(s) and get their buddies into cover and healed up. The best teams support their medics. With a buddy down, non-medics need to worry ‘bout more than ‘getting those sweet kills’.

So, what do you do if you’re a ‘lone’ medic? As in unattached to a specific team but still amongst a bunch of ‘irregulars’ on your side? You’ve got to take command, as they train you in first aid, look at people directly and point at them.
YOU give me cover fire. YOU come pull the wounded with me. YOU suppress that godamn sniper. MOVE NOW GO GO GO.”
And that’s not easy to do. If you’re command material you’d be Fire Team/Squad lead, not dude with the red X on his arm. But here’s where you separate the men form the boys: guys who know the game will help you. They’ve either been left alone in the dirt to bleed out before and know it sucks, or have been saved and got back in the fight to turn around an ambush and know it’s awesome.

Much like practicing something like, say, breach & clear a room, teams should practice ‘medic drills’. Ideally you should do this on your down time, but ain't nobody got time for that, but you can still work in practice session during smaller/skirmish games.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General