Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Kwa M11 hop-WAY-up

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:26   #1
yoyit2

Kwa M11 hop-WAY-up

hello, ive got a KWA m11a1 (mac11) which i have had for about 2 months (new). it has had roughly 2-3000 rounds through it using 50/50 green gas and propane.

PROBLEM:
the hop up is WAY to high on the lowest setting. with .25g. i can aim at a targets chest, from 50ft, and quite easily shoot over there head. ive also tried .3g, which at 100ft will still climb about 2-3ft.
also, the hopup is totally different from semi, to full. i can get it close on one (some times after lubing) but then when i change the fire mode, the hopup is totally different.

any suggestions?
Old June 2nd, 2010, 07:30   #2
chaosnemesis

it just sounds like your hop-up rubber is swelled up a bit causing overhop. Or, the ball bearing nub that presses down on the rubber is jammed down. Just take apart the hop unit and inspect each portion. Be sure not to loose that ball bearing when disassembling.

Remember there's cool down when firing in full auto. gas pressure drops in auto so there's always going to be a difference in hop between the two modes due to the changes in fps.
chaosnemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 19:50   #3
yoyit2

lol, i litterally came across this thread: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...ight=m11+hopup

just before you posted. thanks tho, i just skimmed through the thread, but is there any other way to clean hop up rubers, other then dish soap or isopropy?? ..assuming its not the bearing.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 08:12   #4
chaosnemesis

you'd want to use dish soap because it's a detergent and detergents contains surfactants. They have hydrophillic and hydrophobic sided molecules that will take everything off of the rubber leaving it very clean. bar soaps are emulsifiers, it just mixes the oil and water together, so after a rinse you'll still have some residue left behind. you can also use a mild laundry detergent.... but why bother just use dish soap.

I've never tried using isopropyl alcohol.
chaosnemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 04:34   #5
yoyit2

well... i took the hop up rubber out, and placed it in a bowl of very soapy water. After 24 hours of sitting, i rinsed and dried the rubber, then replaced it in the gun. unfortunately nothing changed .3g still go up ^

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion