Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

C7A2 Project (G&G "M16A3")

:

Canadian

Old July 11th, 2011, 23:52   #1
Snowstorm45

Talking C7A2 Project (G&G "M16A3")

My almost finished C7A2 project, a G&G M16A3 Max with a G&P old-style M4 stock, King Arms ambi mag release, King Arms ambi fire selector, Madbull ambi charging handle, and King Arms ELCAN, with proper parts Kryloned OD. I still need a stock pad, Triad, and PEQ-2.

Sadly, the right side fire selector is a dummy.

Tanaka Browning Hi-Power Mk.1*

Canadian Trades

I've had no problems with the gun at all, and it's currently disassembled to front wire it, but I can't find and good guides on how to get the wire from the mechbox to the front handguard area. I found a small hole under the barrel that goes through, but how to I get the wires though? Can I take off the male plug on the front wire kit, feed it through, then re-attach it? How would I do that? I've never been great with wires. :/ Also, if anyone can point me in the direction of a Triad, that'd be great too.
Old July 12th, 2011, 01:40   #2
Drayen

very sweet project man, i'm thinking about getting a can of OD and turning my ICS M4A1 into a C8.
mine is front wired as well, and it does this by using bullet connectors

just gotta make sure you have those plastic shields on the ends of the battery side connections. that way you can disconnect and separate the upper receiver with no problems.
happy wiring
Drayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2011, 04:12   #3
Snowstorm45

Thanks See, the thing is, it's rear wired right now, but it needs to be front wired, I have the front wire kit, it's in the first pic, but it doesn't have those bullet connecters you have the pic of :/
Old July 12th, 2011, 05:26   #4
VooDooPeteK

Are you sure there is no connectors under the shrink tubing? If not hit up Canadian tire or the source and grab some. I know Canadian tire or a hardware store sells them in he bulk section by the nuts and bolts
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2011, 08:42   #5
Snowstorm45

I'm pretty sure there isn't, I'll check. EDIT: Nope, it doesn't, but I just got my M4 today, and it does have the connecters.

Last edited by Snowstorm45; July 12th, 2011 at 20:17..
Snowstorm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 17:50   #6
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

I know R. Nicholls sells the TRIAD, I'm not sure if they sell outside of LE/Military though.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 19:25   #7
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Put up a want ad for the TRIAD, thats what I did. Had 2 offers. BTW they are $75 bucks.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 21:06   #8
cadpat_tact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Synergy View Post
I know R. Nicholls sells the TRIAD, I'm not sure if they sell outside of LE/Military though.
That's easy. Just make friends with guys in military/law enforcement.
cadpat_tact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 22:37   #9
ragnagna

Nice build and don't forget the canadian C7 body! :P
ragnagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 02:48   #10
Strelok

Tanakas are pretty alright, but very poor compared to modern platforms like TM/KWA/KSC and etc. They can only run on Duster and Propane is just asking for trouble. I owned a Tanaka HP35 with the tangent sights, and it was a fun little gun. But being a Tanaka, the magazine was a huge pain as it leaked like a bitch, and finding new ones was both hard and expensive. I ended up selling it pretty fast.

WE is the next step up for an HP35 I suppose but they say it doesn't come with a hopup.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 05:11   #11
Snowstorm45

I've heard about the mag problems with the Tanakas, but I've had it for, what, three, four years? Lol, I don't even remember how long now. Yes, it has low fps, and yes it can only run duster/134a, but I havn't had any problems with it at all. Wait, no my friend (who had never airsofted before) was using it a year and a bit ago and somehow broke the tigger sear, the thing that connects the trigger assembly to the hammer assembly, but one of the overseas sites actually had them, so I bought I think, 4 of them, just in case, but I havn't needed the rest. I'm putting that to his lack of knowledge of how it worked. The sights are really awesome actually, they're precision sights, not tactical ones, no dots. The rear is big and flat with the little square notch like a Desert Eagle, and the front is actually a triangle, coming to a point at the top, so the sight picture looks (vaguely) like this: |^|. Lol, that's horrible, but you get what I'm getting at. The mag safety makes putting the gun away a pain sometimes, ususally I removes the mag first, then pull the slide to check the chamber, then drop the hammer and put the pistol away, but you can't drop the hammer without a magazine in the gun. Then again, this is because it's a "feature" on the real one, so it's not Tanaka's fault

EDIT: To directly answer your question, if you want a practical sidearm that will perform along side TM/KSC etc, this isn't that, but that said it's not a wallhanger, it certainly works, and if you really want an HP, and especially the sweet Canadian one, then get it.

EDIT 2: Thanks for the Triad tips, R. Nicholls had a "Tri Rail" but not the Triad, and yeah, I am going to eventually get this body engraved with C7A2 trades, but that's not a big deal right now. I'm not going to replace it because it's a really nice body, and none of the trades are engraved anyway.

Last edited by Snowstorm45; July 18th, 2011 at 05:25..
Snowstorm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 22:36   #12
Snowstorm45

I believe it was this one, in Olive:
http://www.krylon.com/products/camou...on_technology/

It stays on very well, though there's a lot of wear on the front of the pistol grip, but I expected that. There's gonna be a rubber stock pad, and a vertical grip, so it shouldn't wear anywhere else, and it hasn't really yet.

What I have is the Browning to go with the C7, and another pistol as my standard, more effective one. I'll say it again though, the HP IS effective, just not as much as a TM/KSC etc.
Old August 9th, 2011, 13:19   #13
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

You should get a Cadex grip, I have a real one. how to get a real Cadex can be impossible I got insanely lucky in getting mine. Not sure where to get replica's but I love the feel of my cadex

Last edited by Curo; August 9th, 2011 at 13:26..
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 17:19   #14
Aedan798

Send a message via Skype™ to Aedan798
I'll get some pic but im getting myself a C7 on GBBR instead :P i'll post pic updated as I go through everyone of the version C7, C7A1, C7A2 and if DND do another one i'll post it :P base gun for this gonna be WE M16A3 GBBR Open Bolt system with RA tech internals when i'll get some more cash :P Marking gonna be there too :P
Aedan798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 17:56   #15
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
You should get a Cadex grip, I have a real one. how to get a real Cadex can be impossible I got insanely lucky in getting mine. Not sure where to get replica's but I love the feel of my cadex
I don't like the Cadex grip. Myself and other CF members have bought our own grips such as KAC, Tango Down, Daniel Defense, etc. And others(haven't seen this in awhile though) use the grip off a C9.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian