Airsoft Canada
http://www.bbbastard.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

full metal guns in canada

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 31st, 2011, 17:59   #1
TridentConsuela
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Port Lambton Ontario
full metal guns in canada

i was wondering why you can buy full metal black guns in canada, but if you buy one in the states and bring it over its illegal? i dono maybe i sound stupid, but i just wanted to know
TridentConsuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 18:01   #2
Deadpool
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Trois-Rivières
Use the search function and you'll find the answer!
__________________

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 18:05   #3
Dart
 
Dart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Grande Prairie Alberta
wow two of these threads today.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 18:07   #4
Strelok
 
Strelok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brandon Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
wow two of these threads today.
Its that time of year.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 18:10   #5
Scouser
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg
get age verified or no scooby snacks for you
__________________
http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1146/4732239144_0fa02ba6aa.jpg
Scouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 18:11   #6
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby
 
The Chad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SW ON
Say you're a girl.......and get an adult to proof read your stuff.....LMFAO
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 18:26   #7
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy
 
Kozzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
The answer resides within Canadian gun laws. I'm not an expert regarding this matter but this is my layman's understanding of it. For the most complete and accurate answer research Canadian gun laws.

If an airsoft gun fires lower than 407 fps on 0.22 gram bb's it falls into the category of a "controlled firearm". These airsoft guns must have "clear" receivers, or at least the half of the receiver that the serial number is printed on for the real steel version needs to be clear.

If an airsoft gun fires above 407 fps on a 0.22 gram bb's it falls in the "uncontrolled firearm" category and has no restrictions involving clear, black or metal receivers.
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 18:30   #8
slink182
 
slink182's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kitchener, ON
Thanks... I just blew beer out my nose. Damn, that hurts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
Say you're a girl.......and get an adult to proof read your stuff.....LMFAO
__________________
VFC SCAR-L - VFC SCAR SSR - KJW Hi-Capa 5.1 - CAW M79
The Three Sisters - WE G39 E/K/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 23:38   #9
ap27
 
ap27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brampton/Waterloo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
The answer resides within Canadian gun laws. I'm not an expert regarding this matter but this is my layman's understanding of it. For the most complete and accurate answer research Canadian gun laws.

If an airsoft gun fires lower than 407 fps on 0.22 gram bb's it falls into the category of a "controlled firearm". These airsoft guns must have "clear" receivers, or at least the half of the receiver that the serial number is printed on for the real steel version needs to be clear.

If an airsoft gun fires above 407 fps on a 0.22 gram bb's it falls in the "uncontrolled firearm" category and has no restrictions involving clear, black or metal receivers.
Partially incorrect. Sub 407 is actually a replica. And above 500 is a controlled firearm.

Regardless of the gun laws, it is a bad idea to try and buy any airsoft gun from outside canada. You may be able to get the ones you are looking for in-country, but you'll have to get Age Verified for that. Please read the FAQs.
__________________
H&K G36c (KWA) / Glock 18c (TM) / Kimber LAPD SWAT Custom (TM) / B&T MP9 (KSC) / Mossberg M500 (ACM)

ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 01:58   #10
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap27 View Post
Partially incorrect. Sub 407 is actually a replica. And above 500 is a controlled firearm.

Regardless of the gun laws, it is a bad idea to try and buy any airsoft gun from outside canada. You may be able to get the ones you are looking for in-country, but you'll have to get Age Verified for that. Please read the FAQs.

hey guess what everyone... you're both wrong.

It's like the blind leading the naked in here.

Sub 407 , it could be a replica, trade between individuals in replicas is prohibited.

Trade in imitation firearms is not prohibited, so clear guns are fine as they are obviously not real guns.

anything that shoots a projectile with sufficient force to cause bodily harm is a firearm , this has been tested and been found to be a .22 gram projectile moving at 407 FPS. An object that is a firearm can not be a replica.

But in order for a firearm to be subject to regulation it must fire a projectile at over 500 FPS and in excess of 5.7 joules of muzzle energy.

Therefore an object that fires a .20 g projectile in excess of 430 FPS is a firearm, and can't be a replica regardless of what it looks like , but is not subject to regulations governing Firearms, such as licensing. it is a "unregulated firearm" These items, so called "all black airsoft guns" are available to persons who are age verified to be in excess of 18 years if age through retailers who advertise on this site.

( and others not affiliated with this site)
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 05:31   #11
GRIM
PMC84X
 
GRIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Suggestion, Possibly sticky this for New Players joining ASC, this way they can have it already answered and may possible reduce the amount of posts on the same topic?

Also Brian nicely explained :-)
GRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:53   #12
Deadpool
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Trois-Rivières
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMC84X View Post
Suggestion, Possibly sticky this for New Players joining ASC, this way they can have it already answered and may possible reduce the amount of posts on the same topic?

Also Brian nicely explained :-)
Problem is, new players don't read the stickies. Best exemple of that are the FAQs.
__________________

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 08:59   #13
Strelok
 
Strelok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brandon Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Problem is, new players don't read the stickies. Best exemple of that are the FAQs.
Problem is, Newbies don't read the FAQ either.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 09:56   #14
venture
 
venture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Halifax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
hey guess what everyone... you're both wrong.

It's like the blind leading the naked in here.

Sub 407 , it could be a replica, trade between individuals in replicas is prohibited.

Trade in imitation firearms is not prohibited, so clear guns are fine as they are obviously not real guns.

anything that shoots a projectile with sufficient force to cause bodily harm is a firearm , this has been tested and been found to be a .22 gram projectile moving at 407 FPS. An object that is a firearm can not be a replica.

But in order for a firearm to be subject to regulation it must fire a projectile at over 500 FPS and in excess of 5.7 joules of muzzle energy.

Therefore an object that fires a .20 g projectile in excess of 430 FPS is a firearm, and can't be a replica regardless of what it looks like , but is not subject to regulations governing Firearms, such as licensing. it is a "unregulated firearm" These items, so called "all black airsoft guns" are available to persons who are age verified to be in excess of 18 years if age through retailers who advertise on this site.

( and others not affiliated with this site)
best explanation of the regs yet. nicely done, brian.
__________________

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 12:19   #15
ap27
 
ap27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brampton/Waterloo
I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing it up, Brian.
__________________
H&K G36c (KWA) / Glock 18c (TM) / Kimber LAPD SWAT Custom (TM) / B&T MP9 (KSC) / Mossberg M500 (ACM)

ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://www.bbbastard.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.