KSC G19 w/0.30g BBs at 90ft

:

Accessories Discussion

Old March 9th, 2006, 12:53   #1
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
KSC G19 w/0.30g BBs at 90ft

Yup, tried to do it, got the results I've been spewing about for a while, but not enough test shots (due to my own stupidity, my mags were in the car and were cold, so I only got about 6 good shots from one mag before it got weak, then a couple crap shots before the gas spewed out. Other mag, I think I got two good shots out of before it spewed gas). Will redo my test when it's warmer out, and my mags are raring to go.

Ammo used were Straight 0.30g BBs (with the graphite coating washed off) and 0.29g Super Grand Master BBs. KSG G19 with metal slide, Guarder Enhanced Recoil Spring & Guide, Guarder metal mag catch, Guarder Enhanced Hammer Spring and Head 1950 6.04mm tightbore. Propane was used as always.

Anyways, check out the pics:

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; August 9th, 2007 at 19:43..
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 13:35   #2
Mysteryfish

All things considered, that's pretty impressive for that pistol.

You scored a few hits on whatever unlucky fool thought:

"Ah, Stalker is without RIFLE, Stalker is MINE!"

Are you planning on putting valves in those magazines?

That might make a difference as well. A little more momentum on those BB's and they'll probably make quite an 'impression'. (bad pun, sorry)
Mysteryfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 13:42   #3
gandar

Send a message via MSN to gandar
Quite nice. Warmer mags'd make a difference, and I'm sure your shots'd be more consistant too.

Alternatively, I could just light you on fire. - Me
gandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 13:43   #4
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Hehe, you think like me Mysteryfish. Actually, yesterday I took my M24 and M700 in, set up two face targets of Bin Laden, shot prone from the same distance, 2 mags worth of 0.29g BBs from my M700 at one target, got about 15hits on his head, the rest were flyers (and had to tweak the hop up a bit) and shot the other one with what must have been 40 shots from my M24, tweaking the hop up every few shots as well, so a lot of misses, but got roughly 24 hits, some dead center almost on the target. Seems both guns like the SGMs better, fine by me.

So ya, because the mags were cold, the storage hut was warmish, and because I didn't pay attention to keepign my mags warm, the cycling was really sluggish and the power wasn't very impressive. I'll do the same tests in the summer to get better results. At one point I considered the hi-flow valves, but then didn't want to bother, the performance is totally adequate as is, and considering I have 4 mags for two G19s (one still has the stock slide)...........

EDIT: I SHOULD mention that I did not do this to show off my Glock 19 or my "skills", my entire point in this is everyone can use heavier BBs in their GBBs w/propane and much better performance than using 0.20g or even 0.25g BBs. Case in point, the times I claimed I was hitting 55 gallon drums at 120ft and 9" pie tins at 100ft (not every shot, but every couple shots would hit, similar to my shooting the hanging extension cord in my basement 30ft away), was BEFORE I upgraded my G19. All it had then was the metal slide/outer barrel and enhanced recoil spring. Since then I discovered and fixed the inner barrel wobble, added all the other parts I listed above.
Old March 9th, 2006, 15:09   #5
Mysteryfish

Slick 8) .

I actually see your point about not bothering with the valves. Despite you mentioning the cold weather 8 times, I managed to disregard it :banghead: .

Definitely impressive considering!

I'd love to use some .3's in an upgraded spring pistol. Wouldn't that just be a deadly combo. Dead accurate, totally quiet, ultimately embarassing for your victim :lol: .

I'm waiting to see how the results turn out in better weather. By the way, Are the shots 'lofting' a bit by the time they get downrange?

Or do they still make a good little 'thwack' noise when they get there?
Old March 9th, 2006, 15:14   #6
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Can't see if they loft at all. Besides, am aiming at a white peice of paper and have no optics. Did get 8 shots max out of the 0.30g mag, and two only out of the 0.29g.......... so 10 shots, 6 on paper, the others barely left the barrel after mag cooldown. And yes, they make a very nice smack on the cardboard at that range......... and all penetrated! Considering I chronied my gun last year, it shot around 305fps with 0.20g, before I upgraded, I doubt the fps will have gone up much since putting the tightbore in.

0.30g in a spring pistol............ ah, not likely to happen very well! Lol
Old March 9th, 2006, 15:38   #7
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

impressive! i'll have to consider using a heavier weight in my pistol
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 15:47   #8
Dracheous
Lego Head

Mysteryfish... next time you're out at the Foxden, let me know, we'll going Stalker hunting together

I'm going to find you Stalker, or die trying :P least thats the idea. Maybe I'll go up to ya with that lil M92 of mine, the weak duster one :P.
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 15:47   #9
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee
impressive! i'll have to consider using a heavier weight in my pistol
You'll have to use propane in your springer to get those results. :lol:

(Edit: Ok, Kokanee has a 1911 springer, but I just found out now he's planning to buy the TM P226.)
Old March 17th, 2006, 05:55   #10
bronney

Send a message via ICQ to bronney
Ahh.. so now I found a way to use up my ugly .36's and .43's hehe.. And the fact that the KSC G19 has very nice hopups to handle the heavy bb's btw. So check your guns before you go deep
Old May 15th, 2006, 19:04   #11
Satanicsanta090

howd you get rid of the inner barrel wobble?
Satanicsanta090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 19:22   #12
Shagg

He used a bigger O-ring around the inner barrel near the original O-ring.
Shagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 19:59   #13
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

I replaced the inner barrel O-Ring (the one outside the barrel) with one that is about 0.5mm thicker and 0.5mm bigger ID than the stock one. One can basically do the same with gradual layers of tape on the inner barrel, enough to cut the wobble but not too much to make insertion/removal of the inner barrel troublesome. Should feel a bit of resistance when putting it in/removing it, but not a lot to start stripping way layers of tape in the process.
Old May 16th, 2006, 00:37   #14
Mysteryfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracheous
Mysteryfish... next time you're out at the Foxden, let me know, we'll going Stalker hunting together

I'm going to find you Stalker, or die trying :P least thats the idea. Maybe I'll go up to ya with that lil M92 of mine, the weak duster one :P.
Haha, Actually, I'd love to come out that way and give airsoft in Ontario a whirl. Although I'm sure I've already got piles of secret enemies, and a few who just blatantly dislike me, and who would have no trouble voicing it.

The internet is wonderful for destroying prospective friendships. :cheers:

Anyways, sounds fun. Just make sure someone "misplaces" that beastly pistol for him before we have to try and get him :angel:
Old September 2nd, 2009, 20:27   #15
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

I'm necroing my old thread because it's been somewhat of a discussion recently, using heavy BBs in GBBs. Sorry that the pics aren't available anymore, haven't used a pbase account for at least 3 years, no idea if mine even exists anymore, but there is useful info here. Basically I ran 0.25g against 0.29g match grade sniper ammo, and found that at 90ft, I'd get more 0.30g on target and in tighter groupings than the 0.25g. This is also before 0.28g BBs were easy to get.

***Necroing useful information from an old post, for the newer players to learn and try from, shouldn't conjure up flames. Want to flame me for this? Bring it on! Hehehehe****

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; September 2nd, 2009 at 20:38..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion