Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Just curious about the Old-Timers? (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=175491)

BloodSport February 2nd, 2016 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Jon (Post 1970187)
Man... so many familiar names that I haven't seen for so many years. I remember the golden era of airsoft in Canada *tear* :'(

holy crap look who crawled out of the basement. long time no see dude.

Mr Jon February 2nd, 2016 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSport (Post 1970397)
holy crap look who crawled out of the basement. long time no see dude.

Yes indeed! After nearly 13 years I'm still alive and kicking and glad to see you are as well.

MadMax February 4th, 2016 04:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by lt_poncho (Post 1970357)
Some of the best threads were the rallies to rush parliament hill with petitions and demand justice for our rights. Really brought out the flavor in the community! Especially the differing perspectives from Easter vs. Western Canada. The 41 pages-in-2-hours threads were golden to read.
Never has justice.ca been quoted more during those times.

So sad that all that crazy traffic has been cut up into little pieces and scattered across social media accounts. No more super otaku fever posts consolidated in one text searchable place.

MADDOG February 4th, 2016 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 1970527)
So sad that all that crazy traffic has been cut up into little pieces and scattered across social media accounts. No more super otaku fever posts consolidated in one text searchable place.

Agreed I hate this Facebook shit, can't find what you are looking for, impossible to reference old info, no tips and tricks for mods threads, track a local game schedule impossible.

I am not that interested in going through everyone's posts to see what they did with mary joe rotten crotch this week just to find a game or be constantly asked to take this online quiz test so you can authorize the company to steal all your personal data.

There is much to be said for having a dedicated resource that removes the clutter of other bullshit we don't need to see.

Now back to watching my CRT TV and VCR in the basement ;)

Phalanix February 4th, 2016 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathSniper (Post 1970024)
Damn, the names in these posts. I am now one of the old geezers too *sigh*

Wow... you guys actually got the princess to post something!

SEALs February 4th, 2016 15:43

Some of us are still around, I've been out for several years, but I got back in touch with some of my old team mates, flash and brakoo, D.O.W. ftw. Actually coming back this summer, just need some guns now!

Stryker February 4th, 2016 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOG (Post 1970541)
Now back to watching my CRT TV and VCR in the basement ;)

I am enjoying my 8 track, and typing this on MS DOS. lol

BioRage February 4th, 2016 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phalanix (Post 1970548)
Wow... you guys actually got the something!

IF IT ISN'T MR. P, still rocking the Fahrenheit?

We should meet up at KK sometime.

:)

Phalanix February 4th, 2016 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioRage (Post 1970574)
IF IT ISN'T MR. P, still rocking the Fahrenheit?

We should meet up at KK sometime.

:)

Yep, still got the pumpkin! :)

Malinak February 6th, 2016 04:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by lt_poncho (Post 1968996)
Was Malinack at OPCT 1? Man if you were able to score a set of ultra-rare fatigues off of Pockchop then you certainly earned some rep points there.

If you dont remember me, you must remember my wife coming. She was the only woman there that played as one of the guys. We both had such a great time that it kept us in the sport for the next 6 years or so.

Malinak February 6th, 2016 04:43

Oddly it was thinking of you and MadMax that got me playing again. Remembering when we all first started and wanted that brotherhood feeling we all once had during and after a game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bravo One-Six (Post 1970173)
Malinak... You popped into my head about a week ago. How weird is that? I'm still here. I remember you. You might remember me.
- meta
- meat
- Sean

Been here doing this shit since 1998. Like the rest of the old guard, been doing it since most of these new "veterans" we're learning how to use a spoon.

MadMax February 9th, 2016 02:34

How is BabyOh?

I'm feeling especially old today. Yesterday I did something stupid and fell off some precariously stacked crap trying to fix a broken eavestrough. I came down badly and bruised a rib or two which makes it hard to do anything like twist my torso. Coughing, burping, laughing, farting hurts. I move around the house like a Dalek with a jammed head dome bearing.

Time for more alcohol.

It would be grand to get together good ole Team Colostomy Bag for a game again. Tru might still have that ridiculous Gigant in his collection. We'll get a heap of NiCd packs together and Wayne will bring some JACs. I have a MGC that still works somewhere. To save our old knees I can give everyone a bunch of grenades so we don't have to rush around corners or tiring stuff like that. Heck, if OPFOR manages to dive on a grenade thrown by Team Colostomy Bag (sponsored by AI), they get to keep the grenade. That should keep things easy for us.

R.I.T.Z February 10th, 2016 18:04

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BvuMVWkpvS...Knee%2B008.JPG
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...Wheelchair.jpg

Ronald Chang February 10th, 2016 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 1970938)
How is BabyOh?

It would be grand to get together good ole Team Colostomy Bag for a game again. Tru might still have that ridiculous Gigant in his collection. We'll get a heap of NiCd packs together and Wayne will bring some JACs. I have a MGC that still works somewhere. To save our old knees I can give everyone a bunch of grenades so we don't have to rush around corners or tiring stuff like that. Heck, if OPFOR manages to dive on a grenade thrown by Team Colostomy Bag (sponsored by AI), they get to keep the grenade. That should keep things easy for us.

Good idea ! I can use the world's first blow black pistol i.e. MGC G17 as side arm, JAC MP5 SD as main weapon !

hattrick February 10th, 2016 20:00

I've been dead inside for years, not that anyone cares.

I see safx from time to time. I'm usually buying beer, him groceries.