Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Reviews (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   My TorontoAirsoft.com review (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=140574)

VirtueofApathy May 14th, 2012 22:54

My TorontoAirsoft.com review

Ok, to start off I had a bad experince...

I ordered a mpk5 and some spare mags. I was suppose to recive the gun, the mags, battery and charger.

I got in the mail the gun, the mags and 4 chargers and no battery. The real cheap chargers mind you.

I e-mailed them about the mistake and I was told to send the excess chargers back via COD shipping. What would have refunded my money I spent on the shipping.

They sent me a 9.6v instead of the 8.4v stick battery. normaly I wouldn't care but the gun as it so happens only fits the 8.4v battery.

So this time I called and was told to sell it myself to someone for cash. I'm thinking "This is not what I ordered, I want what I paid for". I get the guys at the company to finaly agree to take it back on there facebook page.

I know just should of kept it ...

So I finally recive the 8.4v battery in the mail two months later.. Then it hits me my 35 odd bucks I spent to send the chargers and 9.6v back is wasted becouse TorontoAirsoft.ca dosen't pick up there mail.

Know this was no mistake I used Canada Post to track the orders and I sent repeated e-mails and phone calls to remind them. After 10 days unrecived mail gets sent back, too me!

So I'll I'm saying is if you order from them make sure your not to far away from the store. So you can go complain in person.

Forgot to mention I finaly got them to give me store credit for my 35 odd bucks. The 35 odd bucks I waisted sending back the iteams I didn't order. Only they just gave me 25 dollars. So I'm out 10 bucks and I need to buy more from there store to get my money back.

jordan7831 May 14th, 2012 23:38

Thats some mighty incompetence there. Try contacting Karnage on here. Maybe he can help you sort it out.

LocoYokoPoco May 14th, 2012 23:44

And this is why I won't bother dealing with them again. I've had two incidents similar to your's with TorontoAirsoft.

Curo May 15th, 2012 09:56

This should also be in the retailer resolution or AV section, but overall I'm sorry this happened to you, This is a small and easy task easily accomplished by a retailer.

TPM001 May 15th, 2012 13:36

Generally speaking, it's not the way. It's the will.

I, myself, had nothing but smooth transactions with torontoairsoft. But these things could happen.

Rusty Lugnuts February 5th, 2013 13:34

Here's the way i look at it
-all airsoft guns break sooner or later, If you can't live with that, no problem try another hobby No airsoft retailer can prevent this, cheaper guns break more often...also unavoidable.
-When you get shipment is wrong, incomplete, prebroken or not as described ,that is the retailers fault and once again we are all human. mistakes will happen.
-When a retailer doesn't act quickly and fairly to resolve the problem to your satisfaction, when there seems to be a high percentage of unhappy customers...
That is the time to take your business elsewhere BTW Mach1 Airsoft is in Toronto

Thenooblord February 5th, 2013 14:03

I went there in person and was not really impressed at how the place was run, I come in and am told "take a number" so no matter what we are server in that order, so I, going there knowing exactly what I want with cash in hand, could have been there for 5 minutes, had to wait an hour for the 1 guy in the store to take the 3 guys infront of me on a tour of the store showing them all the guns

Hectic February 5th, 2013 14:03

wht mp5k did u get that only holds an 8.4 i run 9.6 stick batteries in my mp5k it is what comes with the gun, mine is a cyma (same as a classic army) do you have the charging handle locked back or something that would cause the 9.6 to not fit but would fit an 8.4.
for the most part TA is a good retailer however i would agree that some of the staff is a lil less then helpfull at times. I once send an email via there contact form asking about a special order the reply stated that frank doesnt deal with the emails sent via the website but id have to contact him directly for special orders. So i have an old out of date email for him that doesnt seem to get to him and am sure ky msg wasnt relayed to him so i either gotta call him on his personal number (if the number i have isnt out or date, and be a pest to him on his personal time) or have to keep checking the store till i can talk to him directly.
aside from that they are always willing to refund or exchange miss shipped or defective products andbhave a great selection and good prices and staff that for the most part are friendly helpfull and know there stuff.
its unfortunate you had a bad experiance but im sure frank will correct any issue you have and make u a happy customer.

MaybeStopCalling February 5th, 2013 14:07

1. Nobody is saying you don't have a legitimate argument. That being said, if the rifle was a lemon, they have a warranty on it. Have you contacted them regarding this?

2. What ShelledPants has an issue with is the way you're going about this. Telling someone to "suck a fat one" is not exactly the best way to get your issues resolved. Getting hostile at someone for pointing out airsoft guns are toys... that's not conductive to the discussion. Inferring someone is a crony of a company... well you get the point.

Trev140_0 February 5th, 2013 14:16

I have been to Mach1 to fix a gun.

Was fixing an ICS for a friend of mine. I needed parts. I took the gun to Mach1 and asked them if I could try a few parts in the cylinder as there was something screwy going on relating to compression.

They said sure, opened a few parts and to the surprise the issue was a mismatch with nozzle etc, all of which they worked through with me. Would have been impossible to go back and forth 50 time to chase this. I am in no way new to this, but ICS is very specific in parts. Chroned the gun and left very happy/impressed. (First purchase) About $80 bucks.

Second visit. Needed a cheap and dirty pistol. We can shoot over 400FPS at our field so they steered me to the Styr COs. Let me fire it and try it out. A few other too. All the while NEVER getting distracted by an email/phone call nothing. So I bought it. They did not have spare mags. So I asked can you at least find me one. They opened another gun and sold me the mag.

Third Visit which came from the first 2. I need a CQB gun. I decide to go HERE as they obviously want my business. I say I have an open budget---take me to school. Tried several guns, and they set me up with a VFC quake, a sweet poster and a few stickers. Again. Effort.

Fourth visit?

You guessed it, another VFC Quake for my buddy.

$1,500 total

Why?
Cause of first visit.

Airsoftparts.ca is the same deal. These guys are like machines for shipping and service.

Find your guys, get to know them, and enjoy the sport.

Nickaayyy February 5th, 2013 14:52

Have you tried to talk directly to the manager of your issue? Maybe he can help you with this (except if it was the manager you seems to give a bad services)

I'm pretty sure he's better than was we have in Montreal... (I'm not gonna put the name, don't want to start a debate here and the guys in my region may know from who I am talking).

If he's that bad go to Mach1 like a lot of guys says or you can buy on internet, like Revolution Airsoft by example.

kaiu February 5th, 2013 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trev140_0 (Post 1756548)

Was fixing an ICS for a friend of mine. I needed parts. I took the gun to Mach1 and asked them if I could try a few parts in the cylinder as there was something screwy going on relating to compression.

They said sure, opened a few parts and to the surprise the issue was a mismatch with nozzle etc, all of which they worked through with me. Would have been impossible to go back and forth 50 time to chase this. I am in no way new to this, but ICS is very specific in parts. Chroned the gun and left very happy/impressed. (First purchase) About $80 bucks.

Second visit. Needed a cheap and dirty pistol. We can shoot over 400FPS at our field so they steered me to the Styr COs. Let me fire it and try it out. A few other too. All the while NEVER getting distracted by an email/phone call nothing. So I bought it. They did not have spare mags. So I asked can you at least find me one. They opened another gun and sold me the mag.

Third Visit which came from the first 2. I need a CQB gun. I decide to go HERE as they obviously want my business. I say I have an open budget---take me to school. Tried several guns, and they set me up with a VFC quake, a sweet poster and a few stickers. Again. Effort.

Fourth visit?

$1,500 total

Why?
Cause of first visit.

Airsoftparts.ca is the same deal. These guys are like machines for shipping and service.

+1

Mach1 prices may be a bit high, but man! They've got the stock, and amazing customer service.

Airsoftparts is also great for parts, and Duy also never falls short with his amazing service too.

Airsoft Depot isn't bad either, although damn, Huang does get CRAZY busy if you don't go when he opens up early... Then it seems impossible to manage the number of people standing around lol.

c3sk February 5th, 2013 15:30

Thread cleaned, keep your reviews concise and legible please.

Tumor's removed, continue.

Nickaayyy February 5th, 2013 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiu (Post 1756614)
+1

Mach1 prices may be a bit high, but man! They've got the stock, and amazing customer service.

Airsoftparts is also great for parts, and Duy also never falls short with his amazing service too.

Airsoft Depot isn't bad either, although damn, Huang does get CRAZY busy if you don't go when he opens up early... Then it seems impossible to manage the number of people standing around lol.

Mmm... I'm gonna check Mach1, maybe i'm gonna buy my Ra-tech parts over there. A lot of people seems to like them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3sk (Post 1756615)
Thread cleaned, keep your reviews concise and legible please.

Tumor's removed, continue.

That's why i've got lost in the conversation :D !!

c3sk February 5th, 2013 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickaayyy (Post 1756620)
Mmm... I'm gonna check Mach1, maybe i'm gonna buy my Ra-tech parts over there. A lot of people seems to like them.

Yea, sorry Nickaayyy, I know you were trying to get stuff back on track, but it just appeared to enrage that guy even more.

Trev140_0 February 5th, 2013 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickaayyy (Post 1756620)

Remember they AREN'T the cheapest, (Mach1), but they DO make up for it quick.

Airsoftparts.ca? Well they are just off the wall, fast man. I always chuckle ordering a gear set I just blew up, and ordering a bunch of other stuff on a Sunday night, only to have my secretary at work drop it on my desk Tuesday at 11:15AM.

I gave up even tracking the package. Why? cause they are MACHINES.

Nickaayyy February 5th, 2013 15:47

Nah it's fine. Not sure I was the one who enraged him or the other member...

Anyway thats the problem when people misunderstood eachother, you try to help and the guy get pissed of because he thought you insulted him.

Now not to be out of subject: Airsoftparts.ca? Gonna see that too, im gonna buy the WE HK416 and I heard they need some replacement parts NPAS, Steel hammer, etc.). Gonna be my first main gun and gonna try to learn how to modify them. couple of my friend want WE but are scared of the modification, so i'm the one who have to learn how XD

Trev140_0 February 5th, 2013 15:49

I ordered this Sunday night after blowing my G&P up after our game at the Hill.

Order Placed at 10:49 pm-

Gears
Shims
Bushings

30 seconds later I get my order confirmation.

Monday Morning??

From: Airsoft Parts Canada [mailto:sales@airsoftparts.ca]
Sent: February 4, 2013 11:53 AM
To:
Subject: Order Update #17032

Dear
Order Number: 17032
Detailed Invoice
Date Ordered: Sunday 03 February, 2013
The comments for your order are: Tracking
www.canadapost.ca
Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Shipped
Please reply to this email if you have any questions.
Airsoft Parts Canada

Tuesday 11:15?

On my desk.

Cost me $6 to put this in my hand. No taking a half a day off work to stand in line to possibly get this.

Effort=Business.

Towe1ey February 5th, 2013 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickaayyy (Post 1756636)
Nah it's fine. Not sure I was the one who enraged him or the other member...

Anyway thats the problem when people misunderstood eachother, you try to help and the guy get pissed of because he thought you insulted him.

Now not to be out of subject: Airsoftparts.ca? Gonna see that too, im gonna buy the WE HK416 and I heard they need some replacement parts NPAS, Steel hammer, etc.). Gonna be my first main gun and gonna try to learn how to modify them. couple of my friend want WE but are scared of the modification, so i'm the one who have to learn how XD

Check them out man. Airsoft Parts is truly amazing. It's like the part you want to buy is sitting beside some giant CP mail shoot, you click purchase and it's fired into a mail truck on its way to you! Definitely my favorite place to buy from.

Nickaayyy February 5th, 2013 15:54

Great thanks guys for the info!!

Trev140_0 February 5th, 2013 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towe1ey (Post 1756643)
Check them out man. Airsoft Parts is truly amazing. It's like the part you want to buy is sitting beside some giant CP mail shoot, you click purchase and it's fired into a mail truck on its way to you! Definitely my favorite place to buy from.

BAHAHA. I was thinking the same thing!

Get this, I just went back in my email for kicks and sorted by "order update"

These guys shipped me THREE DIFFERENT ORDERS

1) Dec 5th
2) Dec 18th
3) Feb 4th

3/3 EVERY ORDER shipped NEXT DAY within ONE GOD DAMN HOUR of each other between 11:15 and 12:04 PM

Are you kidding me?

Hectic February 5th, 2013 16:10

Thats cause Jugglez is the man, hes always got what you need or will get it for you, he knows his stuff and is great to deal with.
i live close to his place so i cut out the shipping and constantly pester him to let me come for pic ups, he always accomodates me and almost always has some cool new products to check out.
in fact ima bug him a lil later and order up some stuff, then i cam get a look at the new modify magwell blocker thing for the v2 mechbox seein as i keep on breakin boxes in the cold lol.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trev140_0 (Post 1756656)
BAHAHA. I was thinking the same thing!

Get this, I just went back in my email for kicks and sorted by "order update"

These guys shipped me THREE DIFFERENT ORDERS

1) Dec 5th
2) Dec 18th
3) Feb 4th

3/3 EVERY ORDER shipped NEXT DAY within ONE GOD DAMN HOUR of each other between 11:15 and 12:04 PM

Are you kidding me?

MaciekA February 5th, 2013 19:59

I think it's a bit unfair to characterize the Toronto Airsoft crew as careless or grossly incompetent, but mainly because I know many of them decently-well and think they deserve the chance to respond to their current challenges.

It's great that you've all found alternatives to Toronto Airsoft, and that speaks volumes to the growth of the airsoft market in Canada, but the fact of the matter remains that Toronto Airsoft handles a much larger volume of product than anyone else. I'm guessing far, far more than Mach1, if not just due to physical location, but also due to better visibility to Google, lower prices, a much larger catalogue when it comes to "parental visibility" (see below), and a well-designed web store that has actually paid attention to how commerce on the web is optimized.

As someone who actually works in internet media, I can tell you a place like Mach1 has a loonng way to go to improve their web presence. Their landing page is focused on all the wrong things: recruiting potential distributors, mentioning official supplier status, a wasteful giant logo graphic. The listing of product categories is way below the fold on most screens, and the area could be used by a product category listing is taken up by a twitter feed widget which to many consumers (i.e. parents, 90%+ of this business, and any retail business really, is done at Christmas shopping time) will be essentially incomprehensible. I won't get into the poor usability and design of the actual catalog itself, but it needs a lot of improvement to match the lean mean selling machine that is Toronto Airsoft.

The reason for mentioning the above is that even if Mach1 and TAS were identical stores with the same physical location, product range and the same people but next door to each other, Mach1 would handle lower volume of sales just due to their poor SEO and website. Thus, Mach1 has stacked the deck against themselves not only by physical location but other factors, and ironically enjoys the luxury of not being stuffed with random people and orders all day and therefore is able to offer better service. Not too surprising.

Why is this all important? Because Toronto Airsoft is a victim of its own success and can't easily be compared against other stores. It needs to be benchmarked against itself. They've been an important part of the airsoft community for quite some time. The reason why y'all oldskool guys don't see Frank much anymore is that he's busy running the business behind the curtain. It will be similarly difficult for Mach1 if and when they reach that scale. Retail ain't easy.

That said...

I think there are a few things Toronto Airsoft could do to improve the sales experience that might be doable. Making people take numbers has helped a LOT because now you always know where you stand with the lineup -- no ambiguity, no hoping to make eye contact with Louis or catch a glimpse of Frank.. Just take a number, chill out and admire the guns on the wall. On the other hand, there absolutely needs to be an express line for people who know what they want and just want to pay. The salesperson taking 23 minutes to explain airsoft to a doubtful father while 10 other customers wait impatiently needs to not be the same guy that works the cash.

These are scaling pains, and I think Toronto Airsoft needs to bring some of the automation and slickness of their website operation to their physical retail operation. When you go into the store on a Wednesday afternoon and nobody is there yet but you, it's at that moment that these guys are at their best and will patiently follow your every request, every question, and let you touch and try everything and even invite you to hang out for a bit. Now they just need to figure out how to copy a little more of the mid-Wednesday experience into the late-Friday.

For what it's worth, Toronto Airsoft is going to continue to get my business, warts and all. They've improved by leaps and bounds since I started shopping there, and will probably continue to.

Stryker February 5th, 2013 20:12

Thank you!!!

I usually stay clear out of this types of threads, I like to stay under the radar, its my nature, but a positive feedback deserves a positive acknowledgement. I believe I was put in there for a reason, and that is to help the community and educate everyone else trying out this fun sport.

Thanks for the kind words about the shop. Great Customer service only happens because of the clientele. When positive people come into the shop, it's a domino effect. It's a reflection of the team within the shop and the community/players.

Of course, if you have any further inquiries about MACH1, feel free to contact Shinobii or myself, better him as he will probably answer them better than I do. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trev140_0 (Post 1756548)

Fourth visit?

$1,500 total

Why?
Cause of first visit.

MMatersk February 5th, 2013 20:18

I for one have no favourites whoever has the product in stock for the cheapest BOOM.

On a side note Airsoftparts, Mach1, Airsoftstore have some of the best customer service I have experienced in the airsoft business here in the GTA by far keep up the good work!

Trev140_0 February 5th, 2013 20:26

Richard I stayed clear of mentioning you, but since you responded, you are absolutely welcome and should expect what I posted.

The owner too (forgot his name)

The attitude of your location and level of true effort is there. I walk in ready to plunk down 6 bills on a gun and you appreciate it.

And BTW, I saw the pile of stuff sitting at your front door, waiting to be shipped out for Canada Post.

I was there when a sub dealer was picking up a mountain of gear/guns etc.

You guys ARE moving a lot product!

But the web site does need a bit of a tune up. I think you guys know that , but I have a feeling you will be adjusting that.

Bottom line though, I don't ever get the shit show when I see you!

And I thank you.

MaciekA February 5th, 2013 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 1756787)
I usually stay clear out of this types of threads, I like to stay under the radar, its my nature, but a positive feedback deserves a positive acknowledgement. I believe I was put in there for a reason, and that is to help the community and educate everyone else trying out this fun sport.

Thanks for the kind words about the shop. Great Customer service only happens because of the clientele. When positive people come into the shop, it's a domino effect. It's a reflection of the team within the shop and the community/players.

Of course, if you have any further inquiries about MACH1, feel free to contact Shinobii or myself, better him as he will probably answer them better than I do. :)

Just to clarify, I said some negative things about your website, but meant them as constructive criticism, which I think every airsoft store deserves... (just like TAS deserves). For anyone else reading, Mach1 is super top notch, many of my friends shop there and have had nothing but extremely positive things to say.

Stryker February 5th, 2013 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaciekA (Post 1756799)
Just to clarify, I said some negative things about your website, but meant them as constructive criticism, which I think every airsoft store deserves... (just like TAS deserves). For anyone else reading, Mach1 is super top notch, many of my friends shop there and have had nothing but extremely positive things to say.

Maciek thanks for clarifying what you have said, but we don't look at your comment as negative feedback. The team is aware of the problem with our website that at one point, we had an online order sometime Christmas(Customer will remain anonymous) and the client said he searched our website to get all those product, we all laughed in the office that in fact he went through all that trouble to get all those products, we ended up throwing him some free stuff in the package just for going through HELL!!! We're just all dudes in there trying to serve the community better!!! Pass our thanks to your buds!!!

Thenooblord February 5th, 2013 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaciekA (Post 1756776)
The salesperson taking 23 minutes to explain airsoft to a doubtful father while 10 other customers wait impatiently needs to not be the same guy that works the cash.

THIS! this so much, people taking a number and then getting to the counter and then asking what they should buy, the numbers are for "buying a gun" which I would take to mean "I want that one" not "please browse with me for an hour"

I called the store beforehand to ask about the product I was interested in, and made sure it was in stock, drove downtown, go into the place with cash in hand, and I can see the gun right there but it took me over an hour, cause the guy he was serving when I came in changed his mind and they had to go find him another gun, then the mom and her kid after that spent 20 minutes arguing with eachother about what to buy while the attendant stood there, not to mention there were maybe 10-15 customers waiting in line, infront and behind me, and they had one staff on the floor, there was another guy in the back, dunno what he was doing, but I would think if the store is plugged up like that you'd want to be concentrating on that...

Trev140_0 February 5th, 2013 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaciekA (Post 1756799)

If you are going to listen to advice, print this off, stick it to your fridge, and focus. (Mach1)

This is not his first Rodeo.

daishi February 6th, 2013 17:36

Yah my latest experience with Toronto airsoft was this:

I went in to get a fore grip for my m4. I bought one and had to return it since it was a wobbly POS. That went smoothly thankfully, but when I was looking at the other fore grips, one of the employes came over and asked me what gun the fore grip was for. I stated it was for a KJW GBBR M4. He then said "Oh well that's a really shit gun, so that might be why that other fore grip didn't fit."

Seriously? KJW is better then all the gas blow backs they have for sale at their store. Not to mention insulting a customer is a pretty ballsy thing for a company to do.

Ive had all my other friends with same stories. Every gun we have bought we have had problems right out of the box, and had to take them to other retailers who opened them and remarked along the same lines of "Wow this looks chop shopped". Parts are replaced, things are glued into place that shouldn't be ect.

The place is good for accessories, but I wouldn't buy any guns there.

Fortyeiight March 5th, 2013 13:51

Is it really as bad as you guys are making it out to be?

From what i see here in this post Toronto Airsoft has horrible customer service within the store as well as when it comes to shipping.

Above me there is a post that even the products have been tampered with before hand?.. hence the " chop shopped" comment

I was planning to make a trip down there eventually to possibly purchase my first gun, but from what I see here it sounds like I should stay clear.

Are these exaggerations?

Or would it be best to stay clear?

Danke March 5th, 2013 14:01

I bought a gun from them. After I bought it I realized that I needed a few more things so they held the box and I added what I needed without affecting the free freight.

I got my package about 2 days later and in perfect condition inside and out.

ShelledPants March 5th, 2013 14:08

If you live in Toronto, you really should just go to their store instead of reading a handful of unhappy customers and taking their word for it. By all means, read their comments, and keep it in mind: but if you're a 20 minute drive... it's a good shop to stop by.

I recently bought a Echo1 M28. Transaction was good. Chatted a bit about events coming up and that was it. Smooth.

Nickaayyy March 5th, 2013 14:10

couple of my friend bought there and only one got an issue (Is L96 didnt want to shoot). He left them a message and they asked him to bring it back and they gave a new one. Now it's been 2 years and still work.

So on my side just good comment.

targetGspot March 5th, 2013 16:18

a while back i ordered a goblin from them, it was supposed to come with the airsoft adapter but they forgot to pack it. i contacted them and they sent me one right away. unfortunately i needed it for that wknd! stumbled across a set of them at a local paintball shop so i could use it right away. sorry to hear they didn't come through for you. oh well, lots of other retailers for next time.

Baroc March 5th, 2013 16:42

bought a stock which was specifically mentioned should fit, so I contacted them.
They got back to me rather quickly saying that it was my fault and offered a refund IF/ and only if the package was in perfect/undamaged condition... of course this is impossible since I opened the package. Now i'm stuck with an item that wont fit due to a bad item description on their site and nothing to do with it. The man I dealt with "Rick" had a condescending tone and was unwilling to help. I'm not buying from there again and suggest others do the same. There are plenty of good canadian retailers, Toronto airsoft is NOT one of them.

bug519 March 5th, 2013 18:47

Purchased a VA-G36c for a friend getting into the sport. It was constantly double feeding out of the box, I realize its a low end gun, but all we wanted was something that worked. After a couple weeks of emails (sometimes days between responses) of "troubleshooting" ie: it's probably my BBs, I explained I tried many different high end brands with the same results. They finally initiated a repair under warranty and asked me to ship it to them. They didn't even look at it for a couple weeks, finally received it back more than a month after I shipped it. The repair note stated "broken hopup replaced and reinforced". Guess what..... exact same issue, double feeding with every shot. Opened it to look at the hopup and saw a bunch of glue in there. Send an email, they claim it was working when they shipped it to me and it must be my bbs. More emails sent arguing and I finally gave up.

Never again.

Baroc March 5th, 2013 20:39

/\ I've heard a few stories like that, their customer service is atrocious. They won't take the blame for ANY of their faulty products/mistakes.

I feel like simply NOT buying from there is not enough. Spread the word. Maybe if there's enough bad press (especially on here), they will change the way they treat their customers.

Seff5677 March 5th, 2013 22:03

on December 29 2012 i went to the walk in store and purchased a new GHK Ak74U. Sweet gun but right when i got home first of all i couldn't load any BB's into the mag like it was impossible. When I did finally make some adjustments and got some BB's in (the BB's were really beaten up by the time they were inside the mag) then the gun repeatedly started jamming and the jams caused the hop up rubber to fall off. Also the hop up itself was broken and wouldn't move no matter how hard you tried. I brought the gun back on Jan 3 2013 this is the first day they were open since the holidays and left the gun there for warranty repair. I called back like 4 weeks later and asked about the gun repair and they told me that they ordered parts for it and they should be getting them in a couple of weeks. 3 weeks later i called again and asked whats the status on the repair, again same reply they didn't know where the parts were since GHK didn't give them a tracking number on the shipment and or if the parts were even shipped or not, nobody knew.

So i decided enough was enough and i went back to the store and got my money refunded. I think Toronto Airsoft did a good job here, they stood behind their product and i got my money back which is what counts. I'm sad that the gun was broken out of the box, i really liked it and it was also my first experience with gas rifle and obviously it didn't go as i wanted it too.

I would definitely go back, not sure which gas gun to get as i had my eyes set on the GHK AK74, but that was a bust.

Seff5677 March 5th, 2013 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by bug519 (Post 1768916)
Purchased a VA-G36c for a friend getting into the sport. It was constantly double feeding out of the box, I realize its a low end gun, but all we wanted was something that worked. After a couple weeks of emails (sometimes days between responses) of "troubleshooting" ie: it's probably my BBs, I explained I tried many different high end brands with the same results. They finally initiated a repair under warranty and asked me to ship it to them. They didn't even look at it for a couple weeks, finally received it back more than a month after I shipped it. The repair note stated "broken hopup replaced and reinforced". Guess what..... exact same issue, double feeding with every shot. Opened it to look at the hopup and saw a bunch of glue in there. Send an email, they claim it was working when they shipped it to me and it must be my bbs. More emails sent arguing and I finally gave up.

Never again.

when i had problems with my ghk ak74 i bought, i told em that the gun kept jamming right out of the box and they claimed that it was my bb's as well lol.

Oh and btw i really dislike their website contact form, it's such a waste of time sending messages back and forth when you could so easily just send a direct email to someone. Why don't they do that!!$%$$#

Gato March 5th, 2013 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seff5677 (Post 1769001)
when i had problems with my ghk ak74 i bought, i told em that the gun kept jamming right out of the box and they claimed that it was my bb's as well lol.

Oh and btw i really dislike their website contact form, it's such a waste of time sending messages back and forth when you could so easily just send a direct email to someone. Why don't they do that!!$%$$#

Most of this is old news, this behavior has been going on for some time. Awhile back, I had a friend who wanted to get into airsoft and he'd narrowed his choice to four rifles, he was ready to buy after getting a feel of how they sat in his hands, so we hit TA, long story short, they let him handle a gun or two and then basically said he couldn't hold anymore, he had to buy something. Essentially we told them to fuck themselves after he showed them the cash he had on hand that was intended for a purchase, and we went and bought elsewhere after we got him a feel of the other guns he was considering.

TA's service is shit, I'm not sure who's who at that store, but there's maybe one good employee and I think that's Frank :P

XZIVR March 5th, 2013 22:47

So I need some orings for my WE M4 mag. Called them up and said hey, I need the oring kit for my gun, but I dont wanna pay $14 shipping for a $3 part. Any chance you could just send them letter mail? "Nope, sorry sir but we wont ship anything without a tracking number, so we have proof it's delivered." Ok, fair enough, but this is a $3 part. Surely you can make an exception? I promise I wont like sue you for $3 if the package truly doesn't arrive, or whatever "I said NO. we do NOT ship ANY other method." OK buddy. Thanks a lot.

I figured I would just toss it on my order next time I buy from them but between their selection, prices and the bad taste that conversation left in my mouth, it's 6 months later and I haven't ordered anything from them. In other news, WTB WE mag oring kit........

redneck12 March 5th, 2013 22:54

XZIVR have a chat with Juggles at Airsoftparts.ca, he is awesome and will definately help you out.

Seff5677 March 5th, 2013 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gato (Post 1769013)
Most of this is old news, this behavior has been going on for some time. Awhile back, I had a friend who wanted to get into airsoft and he'd narrowed his choice to four rifles, he was ready to buy after getting a feel of how they sat in his hands, so we hit TA, long story short, they let him handle a gun or two and then basically said he couldn't hold anymore, he had to buy something. Essentially we told them to fuck themselves after he showed them the cash he had on hand that was intended for a purchase, and we went and bought elsewhere after we got him a feel of the other guns he was considering.

TA's service is shit, I'm not sure who's who at that store, but there's maybe one good employee and I think that's Frank :P

They're working hours are not that good, makes me wonder if this is just a part time thing for all the people who run/ own the place.

i would love to get a new gbbr but i dont know which to get, i waited for a long time for that ghk ak74:(

They have a nice store though

Gato March 5th, 2013 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seff5677 (Post 1769028)
They're working hours are not that good, makes me wonder if this is just a part time thing for all the people who run/ own the place.

i would love to get a new gbbr but i dont know which to get, i waited for a long time for that ghk ak74:(

They have a nice store though

Go elsewhere for a GBBR.

Only GBBR I can vouch for long term is the WETTI/AWSS M4A1 (Closed bolt and Taiwan version), the things a beast and been serving me loyally for years now besides some mag issues and a hopup issue I caused through my own error. Many people like to RATech their WE guns and it is on my list down the road. There are many users who have WE AKs who would probably be happy to answer your questions :)

Seff5677 March 6th, 2013 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gato (Post 1769033)
Go elsewhere for a GBBR.

Only GBBR I can vouch for long term is the WETTI/AWSS M4A1 (Closed bolt and Taiwan version), the things a beast and been serving me loyally for years now besides some mag issues and a hopup issue I caused through my own error. Many people like to RATech their WE guns and it is on my list down the road. There are many users who have WE AKs who would probably be happy to answer your questions :)

hey thanks for the reply. Ya if i got WE m4 i would certainly RA TECH everything inside it and make it bullet proof. I also had plans to do this for the ak74 i briefly had

Seff5677 March 6th, 2013 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gato (Post 1769033)
Go elsewhere for a GBBR.

your referring to a different store for gbbr's or just different gbbr like m4's in general?

EchoFourTwelve March 6th, 2013 01:01

I know how you guys feel..kinda...haha Well here's the story: I had bought something from the classifieds from a TAS employee. He (who shall not be named) was very willing to help me with that purchase, but while I was there I thought "Hey, i should check out some of their stuff!" ... had another employee who just finished a retail deal go help other people so i waited a bit, when i saw that he wasn't busy i had asked him about something (i forget what; it may have been about a V2 gearbox with a quick change spring system.) and if they had it in stock. He stared at me for a couple of seconds and instead of verbally saying "no, we're out of stock" or "no, we don't have that for you" or even "please hold on, i'm currently busy" (which he wasn't, he was standing there staring off in the distance) he just shook is head and without another word went back to doing nothing. I felt like it wasn't very professional of him and it just rubbed me the wrong way. I can't say that I will be purchasing from them anymore, but I can say that they're last on my list of airsoft shops in the GTA. Even though this was an extremely minor problem/I may be nit picking, I don't know if I'm the only one but I kind of sensed a "I art holier than thou" deal going on with that one employee...

Danke March 6th, 2013 03:10

Did any of you folks speak up at the time? Or did you just mope out the door?

Uberg33k March 6th, 2013 12:18

I wasn't going to chime in but I feel I should say something positive. I'm in no way refuting other posters, but my experience has been the exact opposite.

Been there many times and always gotten good service. If anything the other customers have rubbed me the wrong way. lol See here;

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=150391

But service wise, while not perfect is no where near, for me at least what is being described in the former posts. Maybe I've been lucky, but I even brought a friend of mine who is probably the most indecisive person on the planet and was clearly aggravating the dudes behind the counter yet they continued to help and answer all his questions. Again, maybe my experience but still. I do agree that the pick a number system is atrocious and should be revamped. Because the poor customers behind my friend wanted to tear him a new one for taking so long. But the young guy that was dealing with us did walk away a few times to help others during so I don't know, I like the store, I've been treated with respect (I am an older guy who looks young but I wasn't treated a such), and all in all my experience with the store has been pleasant.

I'm sorry to see so many people feeling quite the opposite.

Covax March 6th, 2013 13:03

My experience has been good.

Ordered a Cybergun GSG 522 RIS (MP5/UMP mashup) as a backup gun for when my brother visits from the States. It came with a cracked rail, so I took a photo of it and e-mailed it. Got a replacement one in the mail that same week. The gun itself shoots like a laser, unmodified.

Gato March 6th, 2013 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seff5677 (Post 1769050)
your referring to a different store for gbbr's or just different gbbr like m4's in general?

Go to other retailers, the WE is fine in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danke (Post 1769073)
Did any of you folks speak up at the time? Or did you just mope out the door?

Oh, trust me, I spoke the fuck up ;)

Baroc March 6th, 2013 13:48

Rick from toronto airsoft is a dick.
When provided with a huge amount of evidence that his store was wrong when describing the item i purchased he replied with a "well I guess there's not much more I can do for you then", having not done anything at all in the first place. He refused to fess up to his store's mistake and even went as far to to blame me.

just so you guys know, THIS is what I bought (http://www.torontoairsoft.com/CYMA-A...ck_p_2449.html)

My issue was that I bought it for my AK47 as a "sturdyier than original" stock.
The item description for this is "Fixed black stock for your AK! Traditional feeling with modern look."

It clearly indicates that this is for an AK model rifle, which I have.
Rick replied with a "well it does say ak74 in the name" after I told him that this stock does NOT fit the AK47 and I wanted a refund. I replied saying that his ad said it was for ALL AK's and that the name of the item was "AK74 STYLE fixed black stock", which just goes to reinforce my point that they fasley advertised the product in the first place. They offered me a refund only if the packaging was undammaged (which is impossible if you open the package in the first place. So now I'm stuck with a stock that doesn't fit when it should have and a the store doesn't want to take responsability.

My advice to everyone here, "DONT BUY FROM TORONTO AIRSOFT!"
/Baroc out

sammynac99 March 6th, 2013 14:06

In my limited experience with the store, i have been there 3 or 4 times, i went once for boxing day but didn't have time to stick around long. I was greeted there by an elderly salesman who was very helpful with my enquiries, he even let me handle all the pistols i wanted, even though i wasn't set on necessarily purchasing one, but comparing to other brands and feels.

i've been looking to get into a KJW KC02, and they seem to have the best price in the city, at 279 i think i will buy it from them as i havent had any luck finding it elsewhere in the city, or within the same price.

Definitely havent bought alot off them but looking at this makes me ponder, if i can find the gun somewhere else............

BennyBoy March 6th, 2013 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by XZIVR (Post 1769018)
So I need some orings for my WE M4 mag. Called them up and said hey, I need the oring kit for my gun, but I dont wanna pay $14 shipping for a $3 part. Any chance you could just send them letter mail? "Nope, sorry sir but we wont ship anything without a tracking number, so we have proof it's delivered." Ok, fair enough, but this is a $3 part. Surely you can make an exception? I promise I wont like sue you for $3 if the package truly doesn't arrive, or whatever "I said NO. we do NOT ship ANY other method." OK buddy. Thanks a lot.

I figured I would just toss it on my order next time I buy from them but between their selection, prices and the bad taste that conversation left in my mouth, it's 6 months later and I haven't ordered anything from them. In other news, WTB WE mag oring kit........

Some people just don't like being burned over and over again, understandable if you consider their position.

nichtessen March 9th, 2013 21:04

Went to them yesterday to pick up my first gun ever. The guys were busy but still having a good time helping customers and chit chatting. Let me handle the gun to get the feel of it better. Tested it explain key features and return policy. Went home happy tho wish they had the full list of what I wanted. Some things are out of stock but will be back later to pick up the full list. Over all 5/5

Apathy March 10th, 2013 00:21

I ordered my we pdw...no problems whatsoever and shipped promptly. arrived with no problem.

Mr. Gruntsworthy March 28th, 2013 15:30

I think too many people in this sport/hobby have oversized heads.

Seriously? getting miffed because the guy merely shook his head at you? Because he wouldn't standard-mail a $3 part? Because they stick to their policies?

I was at TA to buy my MP5, and it was hella busy that day. The numbered system they used made it very efficient. It stops the guy who just walked in from getting served, while the other guy who's been waiting by the counter for half an hour gets passed again. I was polite and friendly with the guy. He wasn't very sociable and didn't look at all friendly, but I could tell he appreciated being treated with respect, and it was reciprocated in kind--he even folded my MP5 box inside-out for me so that the gun pics weren't splashed all over the box.

In general, people need to get their head out of the clouds and realize that store employees (not just airsoft; retailers in general) are usually working for peanuts and don't need to cater to a customer's every whim. They have personalities, faults, and life problems just like the rest of us. Sometimes, that carries over to work by mistake; like the occasional wrong order sent, gruff personality, and so forth.

What I'm trying to say is, don't throw a hissy fit whenever someone makes a mistake. Should it be fixed? Of course, I'm not saying otherwise. Just realize that it might not be that person's day. Instead of a 'strongly-worded phone call', try being nice to the guy. You'd be suprised how quickly and efficiently these mistakes can be corrected when you do this.

(Of course, there's always the occasional one-off who's a totally incompetent fucktard, or a real shit-head who thinks he's King Tits. They should be easy to spot a mile away.)

On topic; like I said, I bought my Mp5 A3 there. Great little gun, and the price was fantastic--$110 for it. On the downside, the store was very hard to find--I had to call and ask for a description, to find out I was standing right in front of the store. They're in a bit of a bad neighborhood though, so I can understand them not wanting to advertise their presence...

nichtessen March 28th, 2013 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Gruntsworthy (Post 1778073)
On topic; like I said, I bought my Mp5 A3 there. Great little gun, and the price was fantastic--$110 for it. On the downside, the store was very hard to find--I had to call and ask for a description, to find out I was standing right in front of the store. They're in a bit of a bad neighborhood though, so I can understand them not wanting to advertise their presence...

This is true me and my friend were standing there the first time we went for 30-40mins having a smoke and drinknig coffee walking around the building going hhmmm. Wasn't till some one walked out with a gun case that I found the store lol.

Was there again the other day buying parts. Place was busy but still friendly people. Didn't have a problem this day either. Tho I only wish the online store was kept kinda up todate on in stocks. Other then that it's still a good store.

Rusty Lugnuts March 28th, 2013 16:27

To everyone who posts along the lines of ' i went in bought a gun and it works flawlessly i had a great experience" -Let me let you in on something.... That happens at every retailer all the time. it's not noteworthy, it's how things go when there's a problem that defines customer service. so far the ratio of they handled the issue professionally to they were not very helpful does not favour Toronto Airsoft

Danke March 28th, 2013 16:28

Funny story, not particular about this location. More of a cautionary tale perhaps. This is not exclusive to airsoft either, the expert buddy is available in all walks of life.

One of the most desired retail customers is the "Expert" friend who is using a store as a classroom to share his vast knowledge with his new to the activity sidekick . You can only imagine the sheer joy brought on by a visit like this to the staff as the expert tours the facility offering detailed and colourful commentary on why everything he owns is better than the poor offerings of the establishment.

Sharing not just with his friend but with all and sundry that the WE rifles are to be avoided like herpes and the pantac gear on the racks is poser gear since he disdains the camo pattern. This kind of guy can go on for hours dispensing the knowledge he's gained in 2 months of play last summer & all in the wonderful new school snarky reviewer style as seen on TV talent shows.

Now of course everyone who's posted previously about their trip to the store with their buddy is rushing to the keyboard. You may feel that you didn't put out that vibe. The bad new is that previous expert buddy visits have fouled the creek and when the staff hears or sees you they slot you right into that category.

EchoFourTwelve March 28th, 2013 18:04

gruntsworthy:

Me getting miffed at a dude shaking his head wasn't the main concern. It was the fact that I was there to buy $300 dollars worth of product, and due to his poor customer service, they lost out. I worked in retail, I know what it means to have to work for barely at/over minimum. What was the reason that i stayed at that job for so long?
It sure as hell wasn't my looks, so me being nice and catering to the customers' needs was the explanation for that. The better you serve the customers, the more business will flourish. Its not just here that some people are "big headed", people who show respect simply expect respect back. Had it been any other employee that served me that day, they would've been a tiny bit richer as a company.

Now, you might say, "It's 300 bucks, they're a giant company, that's nothing to them." but think about how that 300 can turn into thousands etc.. Airsoft isn't a cheap sport, so that happens very quickly.

/rant

BogardusFoul March 29th, 2013 00:49

It doesn't really matter if the guy who owns the joint is awesome, the people who work for him represent HIM. If they are treating his customers poorly, it is him that loses business.

I called there once asking if they had a RS type 56 in stock, person on phone replied outright "No". No offer of any further info on when they may be restocking. No attempt to try to sell me anyhing else. No offer of any help whatsoever. I guess they don't want my money...

As Trev pointed out, repeat business depends greatly on the customers first experience, and since mine was poor, I will likely not try there again.

BennyBoy March 29th, 2013 04:29

I have Mondays and Tuesday off, I will never get to go to TA! LOL! They open too late in the rest of the days for me to make it before work too.

Mach1 all the way :)

Don't get me wrong though, I bought my VFC PDW from them and a bunch of other tidbits(online that is) :)

MaciekA March 29th, 2013 08:59

I've defended this store a lot in the past but that's becoming much harder, especially now that there are better airsoft retail experiences in the GTA. That, and I've had a string of bad experiences stemming from the same problem: the current design/flow of retail store is not working out.

It has become impossible to walk into the store and buy actually something. I used to be able to just drop by the store and pick up a couple of quick items (I always come with a list). That was well over a year ago. My last few visits ended with me leaving empty-handed because I could either not talk to an employee and ran out of time, or got a terse response and a walk-away.

They implemented a take-a-number system. I thought that would help, but it only serves to illuminate the problem more than solving it.

Typical examples of visiting the store:

Arrive with my buddy TANNER, who is looking to pick up an AK. The store is packed as usual. We take a number, wait for ages, finally our number comes up. We get a salesperson (I think his name is Kevin) calling our name. "Can we take a quick look at the such-and-such AK XYZ?". He doesn't know if it's in stock, seems uninterested in checking. "Well, do you have any brand XYZ AKs in stock?". He's not sure, looks at the wall a bit, and abandons us. We leave empty handed.

A weekend or two ago, I swing by in hopes of picking up a couple things including BBs for chrono'ing. I get to the store and it is packed with people. There are two sales people at the counter talking to a customer each, one of whom is agonizing over whether to buy the lowest-end MP5K they sell (one of the cheapest guns in the store), the other is trying to figure out whether he can use all of these american express gift cards (or whatever they were). The rest of the store is packed with confused people trying to figure out how to get the attention of the sales people. Finally someone realizes there is a take-a-number system. The number machine has no tickets in it, and it's empty. Frank's parents are standing by the cash machine watching over everything like hawks, and correct one of the salespeople's price quotes as he gives it to a customer.

I watch this circus of bottlenecks for a while, stand near the cash hoping to just get my BBs and go, but can't get anyone's attention. The take-a-number system is completely off the rails at that point and nobody seems to mind. Frank's parents stand around like they've never even considered checking if anyone wants to come over here and just cash out. Nope, it's apparently more important to stare down the customers and sales people. WTF? How hard is it to say the words "does anybody know exactly what they want and just want to pay? Line up over here!"

As a person who spends a lot of my day job optimizing processes, it is hard for me to accept that someone who is involved in the ownership of a retail operation can just idly stand by and watch $150-200 of business hold back many hundreds standing right behind it, or for that matter a quick flow of impulse / drop-by purchases. Decouple sales from cash.

As the original number one fan, I can't believe I'm finally saying this, but I am not sure I'll be going back to the store any time soon.

H1TMAN March 29th, 2013 10:14

I've had great service online from them under the old banner of velocity arms, but a hugely disappointing visit there in person. I want there the morning of TACCON 13 and volume of customers was not too bad.

The sales rep I got was apparently their gun doc based on a conversation I overheard. I asked for a CYMA version 3 AK gearbox and he looked at me and said I don't think we carry those. I had looked it up on their webpage about a minute prior. The rep looks its up and begins to argue with me that its not a version 3 but a version 2. I had to get him to take a closer look at the description and he finally agreed. I few minutes later the sales rep gets into an argument with older Asian lady telling him he is wrong and the the gearbox is a version 2 because it says on the box CYMA CM 002. I watched this go on for about two minutes, in complete shock that the staff have no clue what they were selling and that if this sales rep was indeed their gun doc, he should never touch an aeg ever.

On site I would rate their customer service as poor. I have no doubt TACCON was a busy day for them, but its a poor excuse for sales staff that have no clue what their talking about. I'm not sure if I will do buy from them again in the future.

Thenooblord March 29th, 2013 15:14

Oh, after reading some of the other comments, I should append to mine, before, i went in, I called to make sure the item was in stock that I wanted, and when i got to the desk the guy said "no" were out" and had NO interest to go check, I had to argue with him to go check his freaking stock that I know for a FACT exists
It doesnt matter what you say about us being big headed, or them being minimum wage, I dont give a shit, I want to be treated with respect as a customer and If I go in there with a goal and a handful of money and the stores crew is preventing me from buying their own items, then there's an issue
the store is to serve the customers, not the other way around

QKLee11 March 29th, 2013 17:58

True

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenooblord (Post 1778403)
Oh, after reading some of the other comments, I should append to mine, before, i went in, I called to make sure the item was in stock that I wanted, and when i got to the desk the guy said "no" were out" and had NO interest to go check, I had to argue with him to go check his freaking stock that I know for a FACT exists
It doesnt matter what you say about us being big headed, or them being minimum wage, I dont give a shit, I want to be treated with respect as a customer and If I go in there with a goal and a handful of money and the stores crew is preventing me from buying their own items, then there's an issue
the store is to serve the customers, not the other way around

This is actually true, I was told they had no MP 7 MAG's in by person who worked there and the mags themselves were hanging up right behind him...I have to admit once he realized they were there he apologized to me and brought them over.

I know Frank parents were really good when they were there because they would actually look for items.

I know it isn't an excuse but they do deal with high volume retail.

All honesty I miss dealing with Frank himself...wished he was out front a little more...lack of getting back to me has had me buy product elsewhere.

Q

MaciekA March 29th, 2013 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by QKLee11 (Post 1778451)
All honesty I miss dealing with Frank himself...wished he was out front a little more...lack of getting back to me has had me buy product elsewhere.

Agreed, you can't run a business like this on autopilot. Or heck, who knows, maybe you can and it's all about Christmas madness and none of us matter. If the 14 year olds now run the show, then that sucks.

Either way, we now have complacent shop in our back yard which in many ways is deserving of the same kind of uproar that we normally assign to the ACM shops, the Evikes, buyairsoft, etc.

I still hold out hope that they can fix their issues, but I now have the luxury of not having to care. Welcome to a buyers market.

HackD March 29th, 2013 20:50

I've got an account on Toronto Airsoft - and I've seen plenty of stuff that i'd like - but they are firmly on my boycott list for now and evermore, due to piss-poor handling of a problematic purchase about a year ago. I was given the gears by several people here, about my complaint on that issue when i went public with it - and interestingly enough, there are several other posters in this review thread that have had similar experiences since, related to DOA guns and parts, and accompanying piss-poor customer support.

If they want to be Canada's Evike.. then so be it. It's better to have 1 happy customer and potential referrals from that, than 1 pissed-off customer telling everyone else to avoid them like the plague.

Over the past year, i've spent thousands of $ since.. Toronto Airsoft could have well had a sizeable portion of that, if they had just simply done the right thing with minimal $$ and effort expended by them to satisfy my issues, back when things went sideways with a POS G&P, fresh out of the box.

As MaciekA says, there are plenty of other businesses out there - foreign and domestic - eager and hungry for your business, and willing to take steps to do right, when things have gone wrong due to no fault of the customer.

BattleForce3 April 26th, 2013 19:25

and how do i do that?

HackD April 26th, 2013 19:30

Start by reading and reviewing sticky'ed posts in here - "The Newbie Tank" - that should have been fairly evident as a forum section to start reading in. http://www.airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203

This is where "I'm new" people should be starting at.

And stop posting here.

localfreerider May 7th, 2013 08:32

Bit of a necro post, but back on topic.
I recently made a purchase from TA and would like to share my personal experience.

+ Very quick shipping! (I ordered Monday morning and it was on my doorstep Wednesday afternoon):D
+ Good merchandise selection and pricing
+ Simple and intuitive website layout
+ Well Packed

- I inquired a number of times about price matching a specific Canadian competitor, and a specific product, in turn I received a general copy-paste answer quoting there F.A.Q.:confused:
- When I purchase the item I thought they could refund the difference in price. When I asked again I was told they do not price match competitors who do not have a physical location, due to business costs.:mad:

It was a positive experience dealing with there online retail but I was rather disappointed that they could not honor a price match seeing as the difference was $50.

I would happily buy Canadian whenever possible but another big determining factor is price point.

I think with the ASC community being relatively small in the grand scheme of things and many members having deep pockets, it seems only logical to do everything to appease the customer short of shooting yourself in the foot, turning first time buyers into life long customers.

All in all I would do business with them again if need be but my humble advice (take it or leave it) to TA is to focus on customer service.

Deadpool May 7th, 2013 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by localfreerider (Post 1792681)
I think with the ASC community being relatively small in the grand scheme of things and many members having deep pockets, it seems only logical to do everything to appease the customer short of shooting yourself in the foot, turning first time buyers into life long customers.

All in all I would do business with them again if need be but my humble advice (take it or leave it) to TA is to focus on customer service.

The thing you need to know about being in business in 2013 is that there is little to no loyalty anymore. It's not appealing for a business owner to go through hoops for a customer when you know he's going to turn tail the other way when a competitor dangles a 3$ rebate on an item. (I speak of experience, I was in sales for 15 years and got out of it because of that)

wildcard May 7th, 2013 09:13

Toronto airsoft is a growing company as such they are going through a growth spurts, unfortunately being one of the biggest airsoft retailer here in Canada Frank is a bit understaffed right now especially with all the products he have in the back storage area. Hiring the proper staff takes time, time that he does not have due to the large amount of products coming in and unfortunately inventory all that new stuff takes a buttload of his time. Customers are always in the right but sometime customers just got to give a company sometime to readjust and reevaluate.
Only if you guys can see what I've seen in the back area then you will understand what I mean by a buttload of his time is needed more in the back than the front.

Zack The Ripper May 7th, 2013 09:35

Never had any issues with things bought from TA, however I would agree their customer service could be greatly improved. Being told to take a number and wait my turn is understandable, but if I wait 45 minutes I should be able to tend to all matters I have when its my turn. I shouldn't be told that if I have more than two things I need to wait and take another number when the three people in front of me spent 15 minutes each shmoosing through the entire store because they went there without actually knowing what they want. However, this is my only issue with them. I have since been going to Huang for all my stuff as he is always open to letting me try things out and exchange them if its not working out for me, and he is always open to hashing out deals, which I love. Also, much closer to Stouffville which plays in my favor, but I think if you're looking for an actual rifle/carbine/pistol and maybe mags, TA is good for that, however I think for odds and ends, gear, accessories, etc etc.. is best purchased elsewhere as you'll drive yourself nuts trying to get all your questions answered because of how swamped the TA staff always seem to be. TA is also good if you need a gun doc, but just a tad on the pricey side IMO. I guess the phrase of this tangent is to pick your spots.

Swattiger May 7th, 2013 11:23

TA has great variety and always take the lead in bringing in new and different stuff. But if you plan to go to their shop, try weekdays and non-rush hours, it is much better. It you want to go during weekend, you better know exactly what you want and make sure it is in stock.

I hope they can honour their point system to walk-in customers as well.

Laurel May 7th, 2013 12:18

Not only that but they need to have some staff with airsoft knowledge. Example, I went in knowing that I needed a few puches and whoever helped me there did not know what pouches were what when I asked what they had in stock and said " I do not play so, I do not know" which does not instill confidence at all... specially when buying something more pricy than just some puches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swattiger (Post 1792727)
TA has great variety and always take the lead in bringing in new and different stuff. But if you plan to go to their shop, try weekdays and non-rush hours, it is much better. It you want to go during weekend, you better know exactly what you want and make sure it is in stock.

I hope they can honour their point system to walk-in customers as well.

Thenooblord May 7th, 2013 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurel (Post 1792744)
Not only that but they need to have some staff with airsoft knowledge. Example, I went in knowing that I needed a few puches and whoever helped me there did not know what pouches were what when I asked what they had in stock and said " I do not play so, I do not know" which does not instill confidence at all... specially when buying something more pricy than just some puches.

wow, thats pretty sad

darchard123 May 8th, 2013 16:51

I'm not age verified yet so not sure my comments count based on other threads I have seen, anyway I'm 34) LOL! Hoping to get age verified soon at one of the local stores.

Anyway I'm new to airsoft (not new to shooting etc) and I popped by TA, and they were very helpful! Yes you had to take a ticket, but hey whatever gave me some time to look around and see what the store had to offer, very cool I thought! When I finally got assistance they gave me lots of support gave me details on what equipment I needed etc to start playing. I explained my budget and they directed me in the right directions (I did more research after the visit to confirm this).

I haven't purchased yet, as I never purchase or get in to anything until I fully understand what I’m doing (wasting money, time and enjoyment is something I don't like), which is why I visited the store, to gain more insight.

Anyway after reading the comments I was surprised about the bad experiences.

I do plan to go back to the store to make a purchase hopefully it will be a good experience like before.

nichtessen May 8th, 2013 20:43

I've had no problems with TA.

Been to their store 3 times now in person. Think I dealt with the same guy each time. Was friendly fast and polite and chit chated abit of what I was working on and looking to do. Gave me some helpful hints too.

Ordered from their store twice online and still no problem. Comes package nicely and haven't had a issue yet.

Over all 4/5 Lose a point because of some of the stuff I've wanted has been out of stock for 3-4months. :/

tomsoderman May 9th, 2013 11:10

anyone know a discount code for their site?

Kyrativ May 9th, 2013 11:31

I've had some issues with my order from them.
I ordered a G&P m870 tactical stock and pistol grip, some ACM folding sights, and 2 7.4 lipo's. In the mail I got the 2 batteries, the folding sights, although the front sight post was missing, and a G&P m870 pistol grip with sling. I sent an inquiry so I could get it sorted out, they told me to send the pistol grip back via Canada post CoD. I did this and sent them the tracking number. Weeks go by and I hear nothing, then one day I get my pistol grip with sling back in the mail! I send another message on the previous thread and again haven't heard anything. I sent a brand new inquiry today and plainly told them that all I wanted was the right product and I would do whatever they need for me to get it. I'll update if/when I get a reply.

Acid44 May 9th, 2013 11:43

Sounds like they have some pretty bad service if you don't pick it up in person.

Taking a number was a pain in the ass, but when I went things were pretty quick. There were about 5 people ahead of me, all were dealt with pretty quickly, and the guy who saw me found my order, showed me how to work it, and we were done in about 2 minutes. The only thing that annoyed me a bit was that he took off the stock to test the AEG (because he used his own battery and the compartment has a screw in it) without showing me how. So for the next 2 days I thought he just worked some asian witchcraft.

darchard123 May 11th, 2013 18:49

hi all,

I just wanted to follow up on my previous comment. I went in to the store today after gathering (finally) my money and again amazing service! they were very helpful and had lots of patience with me making my first AEG purchase. They hooked me up with everything I needed and helped me get firing today!

Very, very happy with the service and I will be going back again for sure!

One final thing...I used to race r/c and it like airsoft it is a very small and niche sport/hobby and for a shop to take the time to give me a full walk through and help set me up is excellent. Doing this helps new people get in to the sport and in turn will help keep the sport alive. So if you're in this or any other airsoft shop and a new guy is talking up a shops time don't get mad at the shop, remember, you were new once too!

anyway...TA nice work, love the shop and the service! thank you so much for all your help, see you soon!

ThunderCactus May 15th, 2013 11:10

So this is the first time I've actually bought a gun from a retailer since like....2006 lol
And it's not even for me!

Anyway, I had no issues. Order was sent out quickly, got to my door in about 2 business days, everything was there. Shipping time was pretty impressive actually.
I'd do business with them again for sure

mzo May 15th, 2013 12:43

I have purchased products in store and online from TA and I have had no problems.
However if you do go to the store when it's busy, and it can get pretty busy at times, then you shouldn't expect the staff to be able to spend much time with you. However if you go on a day when it's not busy then you will have all your questions, which they can answer, answered.

Cornf1ake May 29th, 2013 19:14

I have made about 3 orders in the last few months from them. So far no issues. Very fast shipping and free over 300 dollars. Placing another order on Friday in fact.. Just wish I had a coupon code...

darchard123 June 4th, 2013 13:02

Hi all,

Just wanted to do another follow up...I keep going back to TA, and i keep getting great service! every single time! Granted sometimes it is a ‘sardine can’ in the shop due to the massive amount of customers, but i always like to look around anyway plan for the next purchase so...Oh and taking a ticket makes sense to me for when they are really busy. As I know if I were behind the counter I simply couldn’t track who was next in line when the shop is filled with people (it really does get well busy)! so really great job TA for trying to keep things efficient, it’s appreciated! :)

I think TA is a fantastic shop, they provide great service and I look forward to going there each time. Without TA i would have for sure wasted money and not got myself set up properly.

The guys there are wicked! Very cool with lots desire to help. So when something goes wrong with an online order and you’re out of province and have no idea who you’re dealing with, I can assure you after going there many times these lads are solid and I'm 110% certain they did not mean to make a mistake and they are really more than happy to help. :)

Anyway cheers TA for everything keep up the good work, you’re the best!

DAJ June 9th, 2013 10:20

Great store. Had an issue with a bnib gbb mag but I brought it in and they exchanged it promptly. The numbers just help when it's the regular Saturday horde in the doors. Does suck but what can ya do. Dude in front of me had the guy take like 5 guns out and eventually spent $1000's on 3 new aegs. I guess it helps to have them take their time.

Bigload July 4th, 2013 20:21

Bought 3 rifles and 2 pistols from Justin. Awesome guy who takes his time to answer your questions, and he provided me with some honest opinions.

To someone who is new to airsoft, they helped me out with advice, but made a hole in my wallet!!! :)

I went back the next day for an exchange. No issues. Helped me out.

Crowin July 4th, 2013 22:20

I have found the Torontoairsoft.com to be just a pain to deal with. Some of the staff are defiantly more useless than others, and overall not that helpful or very knowledgeable. Whats your number, what do you want, o.k bye

Have had awesome experiences with airsoftparts.ca and mach1airsoft.com both very knowledgeable and very helpful.

BioRage July 30th, 2013 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigload (Post 1812689)
Bought 3 rifles and 2 pistols from Justin. Awesome guy who takes his time to answer your questions, and he provided me with some honest opinions.

To someone who is new to airsoft, they helped me out with advice, but made a hole in my wallet!!! :)

I went back the next day for an exchange. No issues. Helped me out.

+1.

I visited the store after reading these reviews, as I was interested in buying a full setup.

Justin helped me out and he was a very nice person to deal with, he offered suggestions and took out the display models for me to hold, and went over them briefly.

He tried to go into the back and speak to a manager to work something out, however the manager wouldn't do any price budging for items or deals under $1000, my sub-total was $800. Unfortunately they don't take pre-payments either, for "non-stock" items..

Justin tried and the effort counts and showed, I would recommend you speak to Justin if you go in..

I decided to purchase my setup elsewhere.

BrendanL August 2nd, 2013 15:17

I have nothing but good things to say about this place. Had a problem with a aimpoint clone and Justin exchanged it no problem! I have bought the king arms m4, and a ton of other gear there. Great prices and friendly staff!

UnspeakablePat August 2nd, 2013 19:58

I've had nothing but a great experience with this store both at the physical location and online.

When it's busy you may end up waiting a bit but when you get help they are more then willing to grab everything you need and let you take a look at whatever you want. I went in one time to pick up some gear and ended up checking out a bunch of sidearms, the staff was more then willing to let me handle them and even dry fire them right there in the store. They even help trouble shoot any issues you have with your guns or accessories with no charge.

It can sometimes be a little troublesome when you see how lackluster their stock can be, but that seems to be the case for every airsoft store.

Totally happy with their service and will continue to shop here.

Shraykin August 9th, 2013 15:43

Their service is pretty good, they forgot to send chargers and batteries a few times but they always sent it if you tell them they forgot it. I order from TA the most and my next order will probably be there again. Pretty sad on how they treated your order, I am surprised it took two months for an item to get shipped to you as that is unusual because it takes one week for items to be delivered to me.

pestobanana August 10th, 2013 04:57

I've had no real complaints from when I went in to buy stuff like my Xcortech, gun bag etc. for myself.

On the other hand I have two friends that got shafted by TA. One pretty much got scammed by TA, the other one purchased a product that TA knows is defective, and continues to sell because they direct the blame to the manufacturer. One purchased a Umarex G36 that was supposed to be made by ARES, and instead got a S&T G36 which is much shittier. Recently my other friend got a JG G36 full length that couldn't hit a box at 5 feet. Reason was the inner barrel was a C length and the BB's would bounce off the outer barrel before exiting. I called TA for him, and they said they'd change it out if we brought it in and made a formal RMA request. I popped them an email and they instantly told me this is how they all come and told us to blame JG not them.

Kasrkin33 August 24th, 2013 05:28

Haven't been to the store at all. All of my TA transactions were always online. Very good customer service, I called them a few times to ask questions about their products and I've always gotten a fast and clear response. I just hate how they don't have many 7.62 GHK mags in stock. lol

Dutch_McBain July 15th, 2014 19:03

dust off topic.

I just order a couple of things including a aeg for more than 300$ today at 3:52pm and at 4:20pm the same day my order was shipped w/ a tracking #. man thats what i call a fast shipping lol

Toronto Airsoft you F***ing rules lol :)