Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   USA (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   The Unit (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=147690)

kilo 6-4 November 16th, 2012 13:36

The Unit

Well, since I dont care for cable I watch netflix, (awsome by the way). Anyways, I took to watching "The Unit," and well with only 6 episodes left I am looking for something to replace it. I've really enjoyed this series and I'm kind of bummed out that it's over. The T.V bastards did the same thing to me with "Battlestar Galactica". so any suggestions would be great, any thoughts on this show? curious what other people thought of it.

T@NK November 16th, 2012 13:57

battlestar? I won't waste my time on that. check : Special Ops Mission, about an ex-PJ on one man mission.

m102404 November 16th, 2012 14:09

First couple of seasons of MI6 are very good...gets a bit weird after that.

drk242 November 16th, 2012 14:11

strike back

horto November 16th, 2012 14:13

the wire

T@NK November 16th, 2012 14:33

Dexter!!!

Danke November 16th, 2012 14:36

Strike back and The Wire are on Netflix?

MI-5 has it's moments. So does Lie to Me, Justified, and Hell on Wheels.

Rabbit November 16th, 2012 15:22

Man Vs Wild - whats cooler than an ex special forces survivalist teaching you how to survive in different extreme terrain????

Also if youre into the whole military theme check out Generation Kill.

Invasian November 16th, 2012 15:36

Homeland, Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Superjail, Boardwalk Empire,

Reaper87 November 16th, 2012 16:38

Strike Back is great. Not on Netflix though but if you have internet access not tough to get a hold of it.

Special Ops Mission is also a pretty neat show. Always makes me want to play airsoft afterwards though.

Over There is a great show too.

The Unit is supposed to become a movie under a new name with new characters but the guy who plays Jonas - Snake Doctor bought the rights to the book. Haven't heard anything in a long time though.

Desmodus November 16th, 2012 17:39

The Unit was okay, some parts about it I wasn't very fond of. I need to watch Season 3 still!

I highly recommend Generation Kill if you want a really good show about the Invasion of Iraq. Personally, I'd stay the HELL away from Over There.

Stryker November 16th, 2012 18:40

If you can find E-Ring, its the best out there IMO. Or try Ultimate Force. Good luck!

Mordarski J.A. November 17th, 2012 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmodus (Post 1726497)
The Unit was okay, some parts about it I wasn't very fond of. I need to watch Season 3 still!

I highly recommend Generation Kill if you want a really good show about the Invasion of Iraq. Personally, I'd stay the HELL away from Over There.

I think everything started to become less than plausible in season four of The Unit, but that's just my opinion. I loved the show regardless.

Generation Kill is awesome because it is a first-hand look at the US invasion into Iraq, and you see what appears to be a more reality-based impression of the troops on the ground. Easily one of my most favourite series to watch!

Over There wasn't a bad, but it is a fictional story with too much drama involved (in my opinion). I own the "first season" (there was only one) on DVD, it's not bad but remember that it is a fictional story.

One that I came across recently (while still trying to find the CBC made-for-tv-movie Peacekeepers) is a British series called Warriors. It's about British troops serving with UNPROFOR in Yugo. I haven't really seen much beyond a couple of clips on YouTube, but I will be looking into finding this on DVD when I get the chance.

My other suggestion is not military related, but why not check out Southland. It's also a fictional story, however it is a police drama set in Los Angeles and it is easily one of the most accurate police dramas to have graced the small screen. While some events are "solved" within a single one-hour episode, they also have cases that they follow throughout the course of the season. The first season is availalbe on DVD (you could possibly find it on Netflix), but I was only able to find seasons two through four via download. Season five is set to start up on February 13, 2013 in case you're interested.

Danke November 17th, 2012 17:55

The Beast is good too.

You should ping a mod and ask that this get moved to off topic by the way.

dj2l8b November 17th, 2012 19:50

Last resort!
Thats interesting as it just airing right now on abc?