Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   ASC News and Announcements (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   New Trader Rating System (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=117459)

StrikeFreedom January 20th, 2011 00:15

After you clicked on a particular feedback, perhaps it can show both the seller's and buyer's feedback/comment relevant to that transaction?

Another feature you can implement is to link the feedback to the associated BST thread, regardless if it's "banana" or not. This way every transaction can be traced back.

pusangani January 20th, 2011 00:39

that would make the classifieds way more complicated as each thread would have to be registered like an ebay sale in order to be tracked/linked rather than a forum post.

Mantelope January 20th, 2011 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by juicy (Post 1390829)
Nice work. I like it, so far. As someone said, it would be nice if you could leave multiple feedback tidbits for one person in the case that you do multiple deals with them... if possible. Asides from that, no real complaints about the way it looks right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedom (Post 1390862)
After you clicked on a particular feedback, perhaps it can show both the seller's and buyer's feedback/comment relevant to that transaction?

Another feature you can implement is to link the feedback to the associated BST thread, regardless if it's "banana" or not. This way every transaction can be traced back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pusangani (Post 1390878)
that would make the classifieds way more complicated as each thread would have to be registered like an ebay sale in order to be tracked/linked rather than a forum post.

Good news guys: all of these requests have actually been implemented from the start.

1) you can leave as many feedbacks as you want, and each one counts towards a user's score. However, you must wait 24 hours between rating the same person.
2) clicking on a particular feedback goes to the details of that feedback, and the buyer/seller can actually post replies, as if the feedback was actually a thread in a forum.
3) you can submit the original B&S URL when adding feedback, and it will be listed on the feedback detail page. This, of course, was not the case in the old rating system so that information doesn't exist for all the imported feedback.

Stocko January 21st, 2011 22:55

Hey Mantelope,

sorry for the trouble, just thought I'd point out that sometimes when you click on feedback (to expand) from another persons page it'll say you don't have the permission to see that feedback, why is that?

Mantelope January 22nd, 2011 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocko (Post 1392392)
Hey Mantelope,

sorry for the trouble, just thought I'd point out that sometimes when you click on feedback (to expand) from another persons page it'll say you don't have the permission to see that feedback, why is that?

The system by default doesn't allow this so I had to do a bit of hacking, and I missed something allowing you to actually view the full contents of the feedback. Should be working now. Thanks for the comment!

MrBond January 26th, 2011 19:41

Hey Mantelope, just tried putting this URL of the transaction for the Trader Rating of a buyer and it kept giving me the error that it was an invalid URL. I finally just put it in the Comments section of the feedback but you might want to look into it since it was an ASC URL and should work...

Mantelope January 27th, 2011 15:39

Will do, thanks for the heads up.

the_griffinator February 8th, 2011 18:20

I'm having the invalid URL problem as well, this is the URL that it won't take.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=117250

SHaKaL May 18th, 2011 22:08

I made a mistake doing a rating for DaRkCoMmAnDo and can't edit it...
I manage to hit enter instead of backspace...

Is there a way to edit the rating? or remove it so i can make another?

Thanks

BloodSport May 18th, 2011 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHaKaL (Post 1468935)
I made a mistake doing a rating for DaRkCoMmAnDo and can't edit it...
I manage to hit enter instead of backspace...

Is there a way to edit the rating? or remove it so i can make another?

Thanks

It's been deleted, put a new one in.

SHaKaL May 18th, 2011 23:25

Thanks !

juicy May 29th, 2011 19:31

<3