Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   sniper training courses (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=155898)

Rob101 June 24th, 2013 23:24

sniper training courses

I'm planning on getting into a sniper role and I'm totally new to the concept. This may be a noob question here but are all the courses in southern Ontario? Are there ever any thathappen more North like in around North Bay or the Sudbury area? Because i know a few guys that would like to get their lvl2 certification including myself. If anyone has any info on it can you please PM me or just reply. Thanks

Hectic June 25th, 2013 00:07

I dont think there are any instructors that far north.
There will most likely be another one near the end of the season in the fall if your group wants to make a road trip out of it but other then that you may have a harder time finding one in your area.

R.I.T.Z June 25th, 2013 00:08

the closest they've got north was gravenhurst.
and that was last year.

this is mainly due to the fact that the instructors are southern ontario based.

Rob101 June 25th, 2013 06:44

Ok thx guys

akira69 October 21st, 2013 00:47

basically if you dont live in southern ontario, or aren't willing to make the 8 hour drive for the afternoon you aren't allowed to shoot like the big boys

ThunderCactus October 21st, 2013 16:21

Are you new at airsoft or new at sniping?
Also I highly recommend against sniping since most snipers are totally useless. Why not be an integrated marksmen? You can still use a bolt action rifle but you'll actually be useful lol

drk242 October 21st, 2013 16:47

rob we will be holding at least one in the 2014 year looking at two. opinions are like a..h.... everyone has one . snipers properly deployed can and often do have a very important roll.

FOX_111 October 21st, 2013 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderCactus (Post 1843116)
Are you new at airsoft or new at sniping?
Also I highly recommend against sniping since most snipers are totally useless. Why not be an integrated marksmen? You can still use a bolt action rifle but you'll actually be useful lol

Your comment need to be clarified.

- New players need not to start at the sniper role. Being an effective and safe sniper mean understanding the basic dynamic of airsoft, it's ballistic and tactics.

- Lone wolf snipers are useless to the team effort.

- If you seek action and kills, be a sniper inside an offensive team, providing long range accurate support and observation.

That being clarified, I agree. A noob with a hot gun is dangerous. A certified noob with a hot gun is safer, but not as effective as a seasoned player that have a few game under his belt using an AEG.

Sniping is not about being 7331 Ã* la COD. If the trill of the stalk, the hunt and the painfull progression in very unconfortable, prolonged situation is your thing, then the sniper role will be fun to you.
Kill seakers and head shot faggots need not apply.

Renegade) October 21st, 2013 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by akira69 (Post 1842969)
basically if you dont live in southern ontario, or aren't willing to make the 8 hour drive for the afternoon you aren't allowed to shoot like the big boys

False... Sha Do or other Sniper Course instructors arent the Bolt Action above 450 police... Hosts just recognize these instructive courses as means to trust the players who have taken them with FPS BA Rifles above the 450FPS limit.

He very well could find a host willing to let him play with whatever, those games are less accepted and attended, but they do exist.

If he has no sniper course near him, Id suggest a PM to Sha Do, get some instruction material, and teach himself to play safely with the rifle he decides he wants to field with other FRIENDS on the field.

drk242 October 21st, 2013 19:55

sad rob has been to our northern field. the course Mr Shiney runs for us is very complete. rob you can bump option B and we will keep you informed to the dates you can attend. but we wont just sign a ticket as was suggested buy your area member at the last game.

chaz October 21st, 2013 20:25

I have been running a Bolt Action as a primary for 2 seasons now at HILL437. I do however plan on attending the level 2 course next year. I know there is TONS that I still have to learn even after playing for 2 years. Would love to be able to run my gun at events after being certified safe by Sha Do and crew :).

ThunderCactus October 21st, 2013 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOX_111 (Post 1843134)
- Lone wolf snipers are useless to the team effort.

That's where I was going with it lol

Ricochet October 22nd, 2013 12:08

Check out this thread.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=158804

And for any of you who run recognized sniper training courses, I'd love it if you added some info on the to the above thread link.

akira69 October 22nd, 2013 12:48

Our team has A designated marksman who runs a bolt action with a red dot he runs front line in the open most times and he is extremely effective. He's been playing for 8 years now, starting with an AEG. He doesnt play a sniper role but as a bolt action marksman he falls under what set of unwritten rules he's safe and we all trust him at higher limits. So in order to run his BA at higher limits he has to take a course in how to be a better sniper which isn't the style he plays. Seems rather biased imho.

Ricochet October 22nd, 2013 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by akira69 (Post 1843402)
Our team has A designated marksman who runs a bolt action with a red dot he runs front line in the open most times and he is extremely effective. He's been playing for 8 years now, starting with an AEG. He doesnt play a sniper role but as a bolt action marksman he falls under what set of unwritten rules he's safe and we all trust him at higher limits. So in order to run his BA at higher limits he has to take a course in how to be a better sniper which isn't the style he plays. Seems rather biased imho.

I half agree. There's nothing wrong with having a course to teach you the finer points of safety, because not every player is experienced, will find bolt action fun, or should be running at a higher FPS.