Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Doctor's Corner (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TM Glock 18 Full Auto Problems (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=177505)

Kungpow April 17th, 2016 19:17

TM Glock 18 Full Auto Problems

I recently replaced the sear, valve knocker, hammer spring and disconnecter on my TM Glock 18. After about 100 rounds it started firing full auto whenever I racked the slide, (Slam Fire) or when I pulled the trigger. The auto sear was set to semi auto, and it was firing in semi-automatic and full-automatic sporadically. I am going to assume that the hammer spring is too strong, causing the hammer to slip when I rack the gun. I have also tried to rack the gun without the magazine in, and pull the trigger. However it seems that the hammer is not coming back to firing position. When I try to disassemble the pistol, I need to rack it a few times before I am able to take the slide off. This all leads to the hammer not staying back into the firing position. Unfortunately, I just sold all my spare Glock parts, and I need some suggestions on what it could be. My guess is the Hammer Spring.

Thanks

Kungpow June 23rd, 2016 20:02

I have fixed the problem and it was the hammer spring that was causing the problem.

monacokid June 23rd, 2016 22:00

which spring did you end up going back too, the stock tm?

Kungpow June 24th, 2016 03:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by monacokid (Post 1982829)
which spring did you end up going back too, the stock tm?

A AIP hammer spring. It is probably at stock tm strength and I might bend it to gain maybe an extra 15-25% strength.

tiger111 July 26th, 2016 16:31

i didn't have a problem w/mine i just dislike the oem magazine 50rd mags rule the world.

Kungpow July 29th, 2016 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger111 (Post 1985679)
i didn't have a problem w/mine i just dislike the oem magazine 50rd mags rule the world.

Ok then.

Anyways, the problem popped up again. It found that the trigger sear is not holding the hammer back when the auto sear is disengaged. What should be happening is that the trigger sear should be holding the hammer back, as soon as the slide internals release the auto sear (Ex. Slide Foreward back into battery). However, whats happening is that the auto sear is released, and the hammer slips off the trigger sear; casing the gun to slam fire.

Can I please get a suggestion on what steel Glock 18 hammer to buy?
It must be compatible with the Guarder Glock Sear, and Valve Knocker.

Kungpow August 1st, 2016 21:28

Any recommendations for Glock 18 Hammers?

Kungpow August 8th, 2016 20:38

Has anyone used a WE G18 hammer in a TM G18 gun?

Kungpow February 26th, 2017 22:30

I used a TM UAC Glock 18 Hammer and Sear set. My Tm Glock 18 is running 100% now.

Kungpow July 17th, 2022 13:54

Update the UAC TM Glock 18 Hammer and Sear set has compatibility issues.

Phalanix July 20th, 2022 14:16

Since it's been 5 years since your last update, I'm just curious how long was it running at 100% before you found out about the compatibility issues - what were the issues? Did it work okay up until now?

Kungpow August 15th, 2022 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phalanix (Post 1853456925)
Since it's been 5 years since your last update, I'm just curious how long was it running at 100% before you found out about the compatibility issues - what were the issues? Did it work okay up until now?

I probably fixed the issue 1-2 years ago. Before that, I was trying to get parts that would work for my TM G18. The UAC hammer and sear had compatibility issues from the start/shortly after installation.

turok_t August 18th, 2022 17:11

Been running UAC hammer and sear for both my G18C, no issues at all. I put in thousands of rounds.

Kungpow August 19th, 2022 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by turok_t (Post 1853457233)
Been running UAC hammer and sear for both my G18C, no issues at all. I put in thousands of rounds.

I must have had an older part or the part was defective. I consulted e-luder with suggestions and was trying to research what would work. I remember hearing that in the past he has had mixed results with UAC parts.

Right now I'm running a Guarder Valve Knocker, Guarder Sear and Guns Modify Zero Hammer and Rotor. Works 100%.