Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Western Europe (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   irish army? (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=44812)

Bowers September 23rd, 2007 00:10

irish army?

just curious anybody know what the irish army uses these days?

Relja September 23rd, 2007 00:14

To my knowledge they use STG 77s. AKA Bullpup AUG.

Bowers September 23rd, 2007 00:16

awesome i saw some pics of them in the bdu's but i cant figure out the pattern it looks similer to the british dpm but its off a tad any ideas?

F!reStorm* September 23rd, 2007 00:21

http://www.military.ie/army/uniform/index.htm

from the official army website it says DPM... go figure! :P

Bowers September 23rd, 2007 00:22

hahaha thanks a bunch

Lerch September 23rd, 2007 01:36

Yeah, Irish Army uses their own version of DPM, it's a little bit more of a central european pattern with the large splotches.
The uniform cut itself is alot like British CS95 except rank slides are replaced by velcro and there's a strip of velcro for a name tape.
You'll notice however that alot of Irish soldiers still wear British kit, such as windproof smocks and chest rigs.

The rifle, as stated earlier, is the Steyr F88 (not the AUG or STG77).

Bowers September 23rd, 2007 01:42

once again lerch you provide a nice detailed answer thank you and thanks to everyone who helped

Mordarski J.A. July 14th, 2011 02:43

Sorry for bringing a post back from the dead (almost 3.5 years old), but does anyone have any idea where to come across Irish DPM? I was lucky enough to link up with a buddy in Ireland who was able to get his hands on a shirt for me, but I cannot for the life of me locate a pair of pants.

I know the manufacturer is Seyntex out of Belgium.

Solomance July 14th, 2011 11:16

Iv been trying to get my hand on a set for a while now.
The only parts of the kit I have seen are the jackets.
According to my fiance, who is a year and a bit off the boat so to speak. Its actually illegal to own Irish pattern DPM. Has to do with the fact they have a small military and fears of the IRA getting their hands on the stuff.

Brian McIlmoyle July 14th, 2011 11:53

Managed to pick up a smock.. very nice piece of kit..

I have a " thing" for smocks

I have, 3 DPM ones, and Oldschool, 1980s version, a S95 version and an Arctis commando smock.

a Dropzone OD smock

a German flectarn smock

and the "Paddyflage" smock.. the Irish smock is the best of them, windproof, water resistant , cavernous pockets, and a nice closed cell foam butt pad built in to the smock so you don't get chilled when sitting on yer butt.

Mordarski J.A. July 14th, 2011 19:32

I've heard something to that effect as well, not so much that it is "illegal" but that it is held even tighter than the CF was when CADPAT first made it's debut. I sent Seyntex an email inquiring about pants, but I'm not sure if I will get a response. Couldn't find anything about a distributor or a retailer either.

As much as I loathe having to acquire a Steyr AUG (it's the closest appearing AEG), setting up an Irish motif has been something I've wanted to do for a while. At the moment I'm not exactly financially capable of doing it, but I am looking at this as a future project. Unless the right deal crops up, that is.

Haydamaka April 27th, 2021 16:50

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lerch (Post 541284)
Yeah, Irish Army uses their own version of DPM, it's a little bit more of a central european pattern with the large splotches.
The uniform cut itself is alot like British CS95 except rank slides are replaced by velcro and there's a strip of velcro for a name tape.
You'll notice however that alot of Irish soldiers still wear British kit, such as windproof smocks and chest rigs..

Hello!

Defence Forces of Ireland use IP-DPM camouflage which is most likely to the french CCE.
The following photo shows comparison of french F2 jacket and IP-DPM smock model 2010: